Menu

Sharing my SOTW Vol 1: Ancient Times/ Timeline Cards

Mama2Many4

Okay, so since we have never HS before, I definitely feel overwhelmed. I have been sorting through teacher's manuals trying to get a handle on how to plan out a day. I have been focusing on how to just get to each subject and SURVIVE! I certainly hadn't even thought about creating something as wonderful as this. I haven't even figured out how to teach Story of the World to 2 different age groups, let alone supplementing is such a colorful and visual way. Your timeline photos are printing out as we speak! I genuinely appreciate your making this available. THANK YOU so very much!!!!

Okay, so since we have never HS before, I definitely feel overwhelmed. I have been sorting through teacher's manuals trying to get a handle on how to plan out a day. I have been focusing on how to just get to each subject and SURVIVE! I certainly hadn't even thought about creating something as wonderful as this. I haven't even figured out how to teach Story of the World to 2 different age groups, let alone supplementing is such a colorful and visual way. Your timeline photos are printing out as we speak! I genuinely appreciate your making this available. THANK YOU so very much!!!!

Thank you and you're welcome!

I'm very crafty, I love to scrapbook and things like that so I enjoy making these sorts of things.

As far a homeschooling goes, just take it slow and have fun. That's really what it's all about. ;)

Beautiful, thank you so much! I had it on my list this week to make up something similar to this as a review of SOTW1 before we start the Middle Ages. You did save me tons of time!

That's the best part isn't it? ;)

I scour the blogs I visit looking for any freebies that might save me time and sanity, so I like to help where I can.

BTW, I've got your whole project page for SOTW 1 bookmarked. It's so much easier to see what someone else did on the projects than to just read the AG. :tongue_smilie:

You rock!

I was playing around with the size a bit while printing. I thought my boys would like trading cards. I set it on booklet printing. They're just a tad too big to be trading cards, but could easily be cut down. Even smaller they make nice timeline figures too. However, I love the way they look on your wall. Just beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

You rock!

I was playing around with the size a bit while printing. I thought my boys would like trading cards. I set it on booklet printing. They're just a tad too big to be trading cards, but could easily be cut down. Even smaller they make nice timeline figures too. However, I love the way they look on your wall. Just beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

You guys are coming up with the best ideas! Glad to share what I can though. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I'm definitely going to use these this year.

Can you tell me how you attached your twine to the wall? We don't have a schoolroom, per se. We use the dining room (and often the kitchen). I have mounted my markable map on the wall in the dining room and I have another wall I can put the timeline on (with two buffets full of dishes around). I'm trying not to permanantly damage the wall if possible

Edited by nowimscrappin