Menu

A Hannah update

Hannah had hard chemo on Monday. This was week 7. She did stay in the hospital. We were at the clinic at 8am Monday for chemo and she didn't get out until 7:30pm Tuesday. It was a rough 36 hours. Actually the first part was ok. She got chemo in the clinic and moved upstairs to her room at 1pm. She felt good and played in the playroom until 4pm and then she got sick. She was really sick for 3 hours or so (throwing up over and over) and then improved slightly to throwing up 2-4 times an hour. At 4am they gave her benadryl. That seemed to help and she slept until 7am without throwing up. The doctor said she could go home early afternoon if she didn't throw up anymore, but she threw up three more times before lunchtime. Then doctor delayed her going home until she could eat and drink without throwing up, but Hannah wouldn't eat. At 5pm the doctor decided maybe she would do better at home and said we could go and just call if we needed them.

Hannah had fun while we waited on the paperwork. She played some more and went to a Bible club meeting they had in the playroom. When her supper tray came she ate the little ice cream cup and a bit of lasagna. She rode her plasma car around the hallway and said goodbye to everyone. We left the hospital at 7:30pm.

Hannah fell asleep in the car on the way home. I carried her in, changed her clothes, and put her to bed. She didn't even notice. She woke up one time to go potty and then slept until 7am when I got her up for her appointment with the surgeon.

Hannah's surgery is scheduled for September 23. The oncologist wants to do chemo while Hannah is healing from surgery, but the surgeon said some chemo meds can impeded wound healing, so they will have to discuss it before the surgeon would allow it. The surgeon also needs me to get him contact info on the doctor at the proton therapy place in Houston. He needs to know how proton therapy will affect her wound so he can make sure Hannah is healed well enough before they start radiation.

Hannah hasn't wanted to eat much today, but she hasn't thrown up anymore. Her stomach has been cramping off and on due to the Vincristine, but she's done ok. Tonight she fell asleep in my lap at 7:30. I carried her to bed and she kept on sleeping.

Tomorrow, Hannah should be back to her normal perky self. A link to her CaringBridge page is in my siggy if you would like to visit.

Hannah hasn't wanted to eat much today, but she hasn't thrown up anymore. Her stomach has been cramping off and on due to the Vincristine, but she's done ok. Tonight she fell asleep in my lap at 7:30. I carried her to bed and she kept on sleeping.

Tomorrow, Hannah should be back to her normal perky self.

What a different place it would be if all children had such a calm and loving mother!