Menu

s/o brag about husband

There was a post some days back where a wife shared something special her husband did. I wanted to share something mine had done, but I didn't want to hijack the thread. So I thought it would be nice to have a thread where we can all brag about our husbands :001_wub:

I'll start! A month ago I was sick for over a week (not cold/flu sick, a yuckier sick.) He was really worried and insisted that I go to the doctor, even though our insurance wouldn't have covered it and I thought I might be getting better. His argument was that if I died he would have to raise the kids all by himself and he'd have to put the kids in public school and they wouldn't get an individualized education. :001_rolleyes: Once we decided to homeschool he has never once wavered in his support, even when I have doubts about my abilities. I am so grateful for that.

There was a post some days back where a wife shared something special her husband did. I wanted to share something mine had done, but I didn't want to hijack the thread. So I thought it would be nice to have a thread where we can all brag about our husbands :001_wub:

I'll start! A month ago I was sick for over a week (not cold/flu sick, a yuckier sick.) He was really worried and insisted that I go to the doctor, even though our insurance wouldn't have covered it and I thought I might be getting better. His argument was that if I died he would have to raise the kids all by himself and he'd have to put the kids in public school and they wouldn't get an individualized education. :001_rolleyes: Once we decided to homeschool he has never once wavered in his support, even when I have doubts about my abilities. I am so grateful for that.

Very sweet!

I'm a newly-wed still (how long do I get to say that?) so all my brags are kinda mushy. I heart him so much.

Very sweet!

I'm a newly-wed still (how long do I get to say that?) so all my brags are kinda mushy. I heart him so much.

It just makes me so happy to read this!

My dh has been incredibly affirming and kind- more than ever- as I've dealt with the loss and turmoil of the past 1 1/2 yrs. He has been teaching an on-line class this month, in addition to his regular f.t. job and I feel so guilty about how hard he is working. He told me (again) how much he values my being home to homeschool and make a home for our family.

It just makes me so happy to read this!

My dh has been incredibly affirming and kind- more than ever- as I've dealt with the loss and turmoil of the past 1 1/2 yrs. He has been teaching an on-line class this month, in addition to his regular f.t. job and I feel so guilty about how hard he is working. He told me (again) how much he values my being home to homeschool and make a home for our family.

THRILLS me to read this about a man married 25 years. You are so fortunate.

So I thought it would be nice to have a thread where we can all brag about our husbands :001_wub:

Love it! :iagree:

Bedrest (in the hospital) for six days - DH handled it like a pro five weeks ago.

Then, bedrest at home for ANOTHER week - did great!

THEN we had the delivery - he has got this DOWN. I love him extra during childbirth, lol.

During the last couple of weeks of a new baby, I have seen him absolutely SPOIL our toddler and spend the extra needed time she REALLY needs with the change of a new baby.

And, to top it off, there is nothing like seeing your husband with a brand new baby sleeping on his chest.

There is nothing that makes you love a man more than when he is a good father. I REALLY like him. :D

Bedrest (in the hospital) for six days - DH handled it like a pro five weeks ago.

THEN we had the delivery - he has got this DOWN. I love him extra during childbirth, lol.

During the last couple of weeks of a new baby, I have seen him absolutely SPOIL our toddler and spend the extra needed time she REALLY needs with the change of a new baby.

And, to top it off, there is nothing like seeing your husband with a brand new baby sleeping on his chest.

There is nothing that makes you love a man more than when he is a good father. I REALLY like him. :D

This is really really sweet and I love a man who is holding a baby on his chest too, but I regret to inform you that your dh loses out this week to Heather's dh. a PYTHON. 7 feet long! Bare hands! :shudder:

This is really really sweet and I love a man who is holding a baby on his chest too, but I regret to inform you that your dh loses out this week to Heather's dh. a PYTHON. 7 feet long! Bare hands! :shudder:

:lol::lol: snort :lol::lol:

I think something is definitely changing in me because I wasn't even that shocked. In fact, I took pics and called my boys out to look at it. Seriously, I think I might need to have my head examined!

Well, this pales in comparison to wrestling pythons (with one arm! ;)) and delivering babies (with one arm!;)) but MrTea is really putting a dent in the ground squirrel population lately and I really appreciate it. He also took me on an ice cream date while our girl is away at camp, and he is lactose intolerant.

I think all these guys deserve Super Capes.

Well, this pales in comparison to wrestling pythons (with one arm! ;)) and delivering babies (with one arm!;)) but MrTea is really putting a dent in the ground squirrel population lately and I really appreciate it. He also took me on an ice cream date while our girl is away at camp, and he is lactose intolerant.

I think all these guys deserve Super Capes.

How does he get rid of the ground squirrels? We aren't manly enough around here to shoot them. :D

My SO..is beyond amazing.

He supports me daily and never makes me feel bad for suffering with bipolar disorder, even though it's a strain on him, I'm sure. He is the first one to tell me not to feel bad, I've done nothing wrong, and he takes over much of the slack of the house, etc.

He works hard all day and comes home and at least 4 days a week, cooks an awesome dinner.

He also treats my DD with the utmost respect and love. She is not his and this is the most important of all.

:iagree: A hundred times over.....

I love hearing the nice dh stories!

We've been having a new patio and a couple of new walkways installed this week, and yesterday, they did the stamping of the concrete on the patio. I was explaining to one of my dh's poker buddies about how my favorite part was the walkway by the back door and how it would be so less muddy and so much easier to rake the leaves, etc. Then the poker buddy commented on how much nicer the front walk was, too, and I said, "I know! I'm so happy!" and dh said, "That's all I care about." And the way he said it was so sweet and loving. I know he would never do half the things I come up with, but he does them because he genuinely wants me to be happy, and I really appreciate that. He is so kind and sweet.

Well today my dh caught a 7 foot python in our yard with his bare hands and got rid of it for me. :D I thought that was pretty nice.

Heather, you totally win but everyone else gets a close second. Men holding babies - true love. Killing rodents, making their wives happy, supporting us through difficulties- we have some awesome men!

Edited by laughing lioness

It's very hard for me to be at home and not really bringing in an income, since I started working at 14! (I still do run a little scrapbook business and help the preschool at our church with some computer work, but we're talking Sonic Happy Hour MOney only!) I feel bad that he works and i spend! so today I sent DH an email that Timberdoodle was having free shipping until noon Pacific time and could I order a few things. I had sent him a copy of my cart earlier in the week over $150, but I knew we didn't need to spend that much. He emails me back that noon Pacific would be 2 our time but no other response.....so I stewed for a while wondering if him not answering meant I shouldn't order. Finally after a few hours I sent him back "does no answer mean "no?"

within seconds the phone rang and he says "I trust you and you know what our kids need for school. Get the things that will benefit them the most. " I said something about his money and me not working and he said, "It's your money, too."

Love him so much!

DH is currently sitting in a tent in the rain hanging out with DS9. They are camping and going on a kayak tour tomorrow...just the two of them. Last month, he took DS4 camping (again in the rain). In between, he stayed home with three of the kids (one of them a nursing toddler) while DD11 and I went camping in the sun.

Mine is awesome, too.

Yesterday, he left work (he works in street maintenance, so 95 degree weather with 400 degree asphalt is REALLY hot!) He went to pick up a lawn mower for our 13yo (it doesn't run, but he figures the 13yo can fix it.) He brought it home, took a shower, then turned around and met us at a carnival, despite the fact that he was already hot and tired.

Today he is taking us all to a museum (he found the advertisement for a dinosaur exhibit and wanted to go.)

He cooks, he cleans, he lets me buy whatever I think is best - the list goes on and on.

We've been married 14 years in a few weeks, and I don't just love him - I really, really like him.

My husband is the hardest worker I have ever seen.

He not only works more than 40 hours per week but he takes care of our 2.5 acres, has remodeled several areas of our house and is currently working on finishing the basement, and he still takes the boys golfing and to events.

He doesn't complain (too much) when the house is a mess and he if a faithful, Godly, loving man.

I really couldn't ask for better, although I seem to still find room to complain sometimes.....it really isn't fair to him.

Dawn

In the last few months I have seen my husband

dance with my 1 yo dd in Wendys (he doesn't dance)

not get worked up when dd and I were traveling 1500 miles and our trailer was broken into

get up and go sightseeing when he would rather rest after working 60 hours in a week

Help clean up and take care of our sick daughter last night.

I wouldn't trade him for the world. He is a great dad and a great husband. And yes he is imperfect just like the rest of us.

Love all the positive comments!

My dh has been dealing with chronic back and neck pain for 4 years that has gotten markedly worse in the past few months. He has gone through medical treatment that is akin to torture, and should be deemed cruel and unusual. In spite of dealing with what would make me an unbearable grouch and unfit to be around, he hasn't taken one bit of it out on us. He is still working every day, going to school, and still being a dad.

He also won't let me mow the yard for him because he "can't stand to watch my wife do my work for me" The icing on the cake lately: I was digging a new garden bed in the back yard..he saw how it was going slow, and I was struggling with digging through the grass..so he came out and did it for me...despite my requests for him not to.

Oh, and he sat all day at a car dealership last week on a bad pain day to get me a new van.

Anyway, he has dealt with all of this with more grace than I ever could!

Well today my dh caught a 7 foot python in our yard with his bare hands and got rid of it for me. :D I thought that was pretty nice.

Is this a normal occurence where you are? How scary! My In-Laws live in the forest here in FL and they regularly kill BIG rattlesnakes in thier yard. I am scared to death to let my kids play in the yard, but we have been fortunate.

Is this a normal occurence where you are? How scary! My In-Laws live in the forest here in FL and they regularly kill BIG rattlesnakes in thier yard. I am scared to death to let my kids play in the yard, but we have been fortunate.

Well the majority of the island we live on is a tropical rain forest so there are lots of snakes, monkeys, monitor lizards, etc. that end up in your yard or in your house. Last year we had a tarantula the size of my hand in my kitchen! I'm getting used to it though. :tongue_smilie:

I want to get in on this bragging! Sunday DH's friend, who's working out of state, called to ask if my husband could help his adult son who had been driving home from working in FL in his dad's truck and had broken down 4hrs from us. Of course my husband was out the door soon after the call, arriving at the truck at dark where he replaced the radiator in the rain.

Afterwards it still wasn't fixed but the auto parts stores were closed so they stayed in a motel. He fixed a couple of extra parts the next day and drove behind the son the whole way home to keep an eye on the vehicle. It took 24hrs total and my husband paid for everything (though his friend will eventually pay him back).

Later this week, he helped our friends who are getting a divorce get stuff mailed to the wife and children's new home then them to the airport and the house cleaned, furniture moved, and keys transferred to the new renter. DH's friend, the husband, is in Iraq.

This is how awesome he is with friends, you can imagine how more awesome he is for us!

Edited by MyCalling

This week I was driving dh to work because I needed the car that day. I asked him if he had everything he needed (i.e. lunch, workbag, etc.). He looks at me and says "Yeah, I got you." :001_wub:

He is unselfish and loving and puts us first. :001_wub::001_wub:

Cool! On a related note, we were at the San Diego Zoo last week, and we overheard a little kid, watching the albino Burmese python, tell his mom, "His name's Mr. Fuzzypants." :lol:

Wendi

My husband does so much to help with everything and hardly ever complains. I work PT from 8-noon. He leaves for work at 12:30 and gets home around 10:30 pm. So that means all of his free time is with the kids. It has been this way for 3 yrs. So he even did this with a new born. He makes breakfast and changed lots of diapers. The kids are so close with him. Even when he gets time on the weekend to cut the grass the 3 yr old wants to be on his lap. He is so laid back with most things. He has let me decide if I want to work or not. This does help give us extra money but we could make it without it. He always drive the older car and gives me the newer one to drive. The man never complains about a messy house. He was worked out of town for months staying in a hotel all alone only eating sandwiches and fast food so he could take care of us.

I sometimes take that all for granted. I will then talk to my mom and hear my niece in the back ground because her mom went somewhere and there was no way my brother would be stuck all day watching a baby and changing diapers when he would rather be doing stuff in the garage. We have been married for 13 yrs now and I know I truly don't deserve him. I am the one with a sharp tongue at times but her never looses his temper with me. I love that man and sometimes I forget to tell/show him how much.

Thanks for starting this thread. I needed the reminder.

What a wonderful bunch of husbands! I have often wanted to share a sweet thing my husband does for me and this seems like the perfect opportunity.

It's just the two of us running a small, family business. He works Monday-Friday and I work Saturday and Sunday. We don't have a day off together for 7 months. Every Friday before he leaves work, he sets up the coffee maker, so I just need to switch it on, AND cleans the toilet in our restroom :001_wub:. I know it seems like a silly thing to get mushy about, but the fact that he thinks of me Friday night and wants to make sure the potty is scrubbed and has blue water in it makes me feel warm and fuzzy every Saturday morning. He's a really great guy.

My dh has a lot of wonderful qualities.

Some of my favorites:

He thinks nothing of running to the store at midnight if I realize I forgot to buy something I needed.

He works harder then anyone I know 60+ hours a week so I can stay home and homeschool our kids.

He never wavers in his support of homeschooling when talking to his parents.

He plays scrabble with me on facebook and never complains that I am downright awful at it.

My #1 reason that he is wonderful: When my father was in the hospital dying he stayed up with him until he passed at 2am.