Menu

We sold our house to the highway today

Well, we are done. We signed on the dotted line with MDOT today. Dh and I went in with a number in mind and came out with a number just a bit above that. It is not enough to build our dream home but we will be able to purchase a property close to what we have and have $ to add what we need.

Tomorrow we hope to have another showing at our top choice home. If that goes well then we will make an offer tomorrow.

Now comes the time to start dejunking and packing.

Well, we are done. We signed on the dotted line with MDOT today. Dh and I went in with a number in mind and came out with a number just a bit above that. It is not enough to build our dream home but we will be able to purchase a property close to what we have and have $ to add what we need.

Tomorrow we hope to have another showing at our top choice home. If that goes well then we will make an offer tomorrow.

So happy you got a reasonable price!!

Blessings,

Angela

:grouphug: Let us know how the house showing goes too.

We decided to see one house tonight that meets all of our criteria except location. It is about 15 miles from here but in a nice area. We just want a comparable for the one we see tomorrow.

The one tomorrow is similar in size to what we have now but we have 5 bedrooms and an office and this one only has 4 bedrooms. It does have a horse barn set up with pastures, etc. Another plus is a 3/4 bath with laundry by the back door. We would have to build a garage for dh but it should be doable. This house is only 2 miles from where we are now and when you are rural, that is "almost" the same neighborhood :-)

Doubly blessed with a good price and the opportunity to get rid of all that accumulated junk. I have often wished that I had to move just so I would be forced to clean out the attic and basement. Best wishes on that house!

We decided to see one house tonight that meets all of our criteria except location. It is about 15 miles from here but in a nice area. We just want a comparable for the one we see tomorrow.

The one tomorrow is similar in size to what we have now but we have 5 bedrooms and an office and this one only has 4 bedrooms. It does have a horse barn set up with pastures, etc. Another plus is a 3/4 bath with laundry by the back door. We would have to build a garage for dh but it should be doable. This house is only 2 miles from where we are now and when you are rural, that is "almost" the same neighborhood :-)

How much will will construction change the area? Will there be an interchange with bunches of businesses going in?

I'm so glad to hear they gave you a good offer. :) I hope you find an awesome home for your family and your horses too. If your fence is in good shape' date=' I'd think about taking it apart and moving it to the new property - same with the barn - if it can be done.[/quote']

We can take the fencing but we can't take the barn---but might be able to buy it back from the salvage company. That is still up in the air.

How much will will construction change the area? Will there be an interchange with bunches of businesses going in?

The area won't change much. We are quite rural and we would be 2 1/2 miles from the highway and there will be no access on/off the expressway in that area at all. It is limited access. We did check that out though.

As a bonus, we can leave behind anything we dont' want :-)

As in furniture and stuff? I could really go for that. No reason to clean up after you leave. Every time we move, it's the little things on the floor that are the worst to deal with because I'm just tired by that point.

I'm so happy that you got more than you were hoping for and that they didn't try to offer you a low figure. Did you accept their first offer or hold out for more?:bigear:

Glad to hear you got a reasonable offer.

Just curious--what about your dh's job situation? Are you confident he'll be able to find something in the area?

I am interested to see how this finishes for you--I hope you are able to find just the right property, and make it just right for you.