Menu

Fun thread time! Prom photos?

I'm meeting hubby for dinner (he's working 12+ hour shifts from 11am to 11pm all week which explains my extra activity) but I thought this might be fun.

Here's mine from 1990:

prom.jpg

eta: and I will be bumping this in the am! ;)

eta: Let's see pictures of the teenaged you!!!

I feel so....so....stored up! I dont have wedding, prom or anything else here. My precious photos are tucked away in boxes. And boxes, and boxes. I just hope that by the time I get back to them I don't already have grandchildren!

But may I just say that:

Mrs. Mungo -- you look like a Madame Alexander Doll (oh, wait -- was that impolite, unpolitically correct?). You are adorable. And TINY! And, so color coordinated.

Pamela -- you look exactly like the photo of your daughter in your avatar. Or, shucks...maybe that's YOU in the avatar???

Perfect, both of you.

I'm going off to sulk now. Perhaps it is for the good of the hive that I don't have access to my photos. After all, I is old. :D

Mrs. Mungo -- you look like a Madame Alexander Doll (oh, wait -- was that impolite, unpolitically correct?). You are adorable. And TINY! And, so color coordinated.

LOL. Well, I was tiny 5'1" and maybe 95lbs but it didn't help that my date was super-tall.

The white hose are totally awesome!

I know, right? The white hose and dyed shows, so early 90s.

Here is mine in 1990, I'm the one in the black dress.

You are so 90s in a totally different way than my pic is! Love the hair and earrings!

I love everyone's pics!

I had the white hose, too! As if my legs weren't pasty enough!

The one on the left is 1990. The hairstyle was not my choice. I was strongly persuaded into it by my step-mom and hairdresser. It looked exactly the same the next morning when I woke up!

The one on the right is 1991. This is how I wanted my hair the year before, so I did it myself!

Boy, I must be the oldest one on this entire board!! I don't have a picture because I was way too much of a hippie to attend such a thing way back in 1970 (yes children we did have them even then). I did attend a Donovan concert with my waist length black hair, homemade tie dyed (yellow-orange-brown "earth colors") velvet granny dress, etc., if that counts. Kinda Pochahantas couture, I guess!

You all look so adorable.

Danielle

The hairstyle was not my choice. I was strongly persuaded into it by my step-mom and hairdresser. It looked exactly the same the next morning when I woke up!

The one on the right is 1991. This is how I wanted my hair the year before, so I did it myself!

:lol: at the hair looking the same in the morning! I had that hair, too. Or when your mother convinces you that a bun is beautiful :001_huh: and when you remove the bobby pins that night before bed your hair is permantly shellacked into the bun shape thanks to a gallon of Stiff Stuff!

Junior prom, 1985: kickin' it old-school in blue with white hose like Mrs. Mungo...

prom.jpg

I nearly removed long-ago bf, but his stance kinda adds something, don't you think? :rolleyes:

ETA: I just remembered that I wore this dress twice: floor-length to long-ago bf's prom, then shortened as shown to my school prom. My dear grandma both made, then altered, the dress. :) This concludes Mamagistra Prom Trivia...

Not prom, but just as bad. Here's my best friend from college and me at our sorority (gag) presents, circa 1989:

KPKenjPresents-1.jpg

And here's my wedding, circa 1991. Note Karen's white hose, a theme that keeps popping up here. Not sure about the gun pose, but we thought we were... something... not sure what...

KPKenjWedding-1.jpg

Oh dear... I can't believe I'm going to do this... Senior Prom. 1995.

2497761921_432b3e91a8_o.jpg

Does that haircut he had count as a mullet? I don't know what they call it... it's not really a mullet... It's like.... umm.... hmmm, how to define it... "army" on the sides and "rocker" on the top! :lol:

Junior prom, 1985: kickin' it old-school in blue with white hose like Mrs. Mungo...

I nearly removed long-ago bf, but his stance kinda adds something, don't you think? :rolleyes:

Hey, my date carried a walking stick in 1984, if you scroll up you will see that he is also wearing a top hat. So I win. Something. Some sort of dorky 80's prom date award, maybe. You can't see the walking stick, but trust me, he had one.

Hey, my date carried a walking stick in 1984, if you scroll up you will see that he is also wearing a top hat. So I win. Something. Some sort of dorky 80's prom date award, maybe. You can't see the walking stick, but trust me, he had one.

Yes, but did your eyeshadow match your dress? :D

Yes, but did your eyeshadow match your dress? :D

Probably. I wore a LOT of pink eyeshadow in those days. I wore a lot of pink clothes and I did like to coordinate everything.

And under that dress I am wearing a 3 ring hoop. During the evening one of the plastic rings from my hoop skirt came loose and I had to recruit a girlfriend to go to the ladies room with me and help me put myself back together. I held my dress up over my while she threaded the plastic piece back into its casing.

And I wore ballet slippers. Not ballet style shoes. No, real ballet slippers. I have no idea why.:001_huh:

And notice the gloves, the wreath of pink flowers. I am pretty sure I win something for overdone prom attire and overdone prom date.

I had the white hose, too! As if my legs weren't pasty enough!

The one on the left is 1990. The hairstyle was not my choice. I was strongly persuaded into it by my step-mom and hairdresser. It looked exactly the same the next morning when I woke up!

Wow, what a difference a year makes! My bridesmaids wore teal dress in 1990, I guess it was big that year.

Ok, at last someone might be older than I. I was in high school in the 70's and I won't show my pic here. You'd all be in stitches laughing. I made the dress myself -egads- one year and my mom made one another year. I didn't quite get the one I made finished and part of it was safety pinned together. It is so ancient looking and the rest of you are just too, too cute!

Ok, at last someone might be older than I. I was in high school in the 70's and I won't show my pic here. You'd all be in stitches laughing. I made the dress myself -egads- one year and my mom made one another year. I didn't quite get the one I made finished and part of it was safety pinned together. It is so ancient looking and the rest of you are just too, too cute!

I almost didn't go to my senior prom, but ended up wearing a homecoming dress from several years before (it was a long Gunne Sack dress...anyone remember those?) and going with a friend who had just come home from college.

The dress and the picture actually went to the dump when I cleaned out the basement in January. I figured that a middle-aged woman has a right to do that!

I almost didn't go to my senior prom, but ended up wearing a homecoming dress from several years before (it was a long Gunne Sack dress...anyone remember those?) and going with a friend who had just come home from college.

The dress and the picture actually went to the dump when I cleaned out the basement in January. I figured that a middle-aged woman has a right to do that!

Yes! I remember Gunne Sax. I was in my early twenties during the Gunne Sax era. I used to be a sales clerk at Nordstom and I made big money selling those dresses. They were awful on the hanger but if I could persuade a young gal to the dressing room with one, I could sell it plus more. They looked so pretty on the young women but oh so ugly on the hanger. With the 70's look hoving over us the last few years, (remember hip huggers (old fashion low rise) and bell bottoms), I wonder if that look would rise again in an updated form. I kinda doubt it, but if it did, it would be more along the s*xy side instead of pretty.

Wow, what a difference a year makes! My bridesmaids wore teal dress in 1990, I guess it was big that year.

Oh yes. My dh was in a wedding in 1994 in which the bridesmaids wore teal (aka "seafoam") and peach dresses and the groomsmen wore white tuxes with cummerbunds and ties that matched the girls' dresses. GAG. And my poor dh. This is him. Can you imagine him in a white tux??? He looked like a marshmallow :D But a very handsome marshmallow...

:lol::lol: ...not enough room on my monitor for your hair....:lol::lol:

I discovered this thread late.....but it is really cracking me up!

Our scanner is dead, but I think I can take a photo of the photo (circa 1989) and then post it. In the meantime, COME ON!!! THERE MUST BE MORE PROM PICTURES OUT THERE, JUST WAITING TO BE SHARED! PLEASE?!

PLEASE?!

PRETTY, PRETTY PLEASE?

:lol::lol: ...not enough room on my monitor for your hair....:lol::lol:

I discovered this thread late.....but it is really cracking me up!

Our scanner is dead, but I think I can take a photo of the photo (circa 1989) and then post it. In the meantime, COME ON!!! THERE MUST BE MORE PROM PICTURES OUT THERE, JUST WAITING TO BE SHARED! PLEASE?!

PLEASE?!

PRETTY, PRETTY PLEASE?

Seriously... the few of us who posted ours might be starting to feel like we are trapped in one of those, "Oops! I accidentally went to school naked" dreams! :lol: (you know... alone and embarassed!)

My "unofficial" prom picture is packed in a box and I'm not searching through them right now....but suffice it to say I didn't go to my prom because even though my friends "arranged" for a boy I really liked to go with me he was from another school which meant I had to "ask" him. And I never got around to it. I don't know why!!!

Anyway, finally I asked him but too late, so we went out for dinner and a date dressed to the nines instead as our unofficial prom.

Oh, did I mention we were both "punks" at the time? He had a vintage suit and I wore a black taffeta off the shoulder gown with my head half shaved, LOL! If I ever find the picture again I will post it.

Yes! I had a Gunne Sax dress for my senior prom way back in 1974! All the other years I attended proms ('73, '72, and '71---we could attend with a date who was a junior or senior), I wore a homemade dress. That was when homemade was better-made!

No pics scanned for me. And too much trouble to locate them!

I don't want to be left out - after all these intense threads, I want to come play here!

So... here are a few photos of me at a comparable age, lamentable clothing choices and all! :)

ETA: the avatar is me at 2...

Lamentable clothing or not, I'm just glad to have a face to go with the name!! :001_smile:

Lamentable clothing or not, I'm just glad to have a face to go with the name!! :001_smile:

Me, too...and I'll be glad to have one to put with yours...someday! ;):D I squinted at your avatar but no dice.

ETA: Oh! I see you now in the other thread! :hurray: CUTE!