Menu

The official wedding photos!!!

I love the picture of Pippa in the carriage with flower girls and pages. She looks absolutely delighted with the children.

And you just have wonder how the Middletons feel. Riding in one of the Royal Carriages, the Rolls Royce, and chatting with the Queen and the Duchess of Cornwall (Camilla). In their wildest dreams for their daughter, did they ever expect this?!?!?! I mean, every mom probably had the thought run through their head, if their daughter was born within a few years of the Prince, but it was a fleeting thought. And them, 'just' commoners.

Edited by cin

Wow, just wow on that wedding cake! Seriously, bakeries around here charge about $2.75 a slice for some marginally pretty cake. I'm thinkin' they paid a wee bit more than that! :D

But, the real siren, the real "calling me from across the waters" was William's groom cake....oh that drippy chocolate delight! Now that boy knows how to party! :)

Now, I just have to say it. What was that absolutely ridiculous blue contraption of a garment that Camilla chose for the evening reception??? Seriously, she honestly thought it was a good idea to leave the house in her shower robe??? A house dress??? Dh's granny had one nearly exactly like it - I'm not kidding! :glare:

I know that traditionally, they pretty much do the all white theme with greens at these royal do's but, I sure would have liked to see a splash of color in all of the bridal bouquets. All of the dresses were divine, but I guess, at least a little of something for the little girls and Pippa would have been nice.

Faith

I do too! She's older, more mature, and she's had a very long time to contemplate what it means to take on this responsibility. She's had time to really get to know his family and the political system. She has made an informed decision.

On William's part, he has chosen. It wasn't forced upon him; he got to choose and that makes all the difference. Diana was only 19, the marriage was basically arranged as Phillip was determined that his boy would marry someone of "appropriate" lineage and produce some heirs. It was a bit of a whirlwind thing and there isn't any indication that the royal family spent all that much time with her so she never got to know anyone. Hers was not an informed decision and Charle's was forced.

In Diana's wedding photos, she appears to have a frightened "deer caught in the headlights" look and he's reserved enough to give the impression of being unhappy or resigned to his fate. Nothing radiates from those photos.

With William and Catherine, she looks comfortable with her choice and genuinely happy; he's grinning like a happy "fool".

I'm just tickled for them.

Faith

And you just have wonder how the Middletons feel. Riding in one of the Royal Carriages, the Rolls Royce, and chatting with the Queen and the Duchess of Cornwall (Camilla). In their wildest dreams for their daughter, did they ever expect this?!?!?! I mean, every mom probably had the thought run through their head, if their daughter was born within a few years of the Prince, but it was a fleeting thought. And them, 'just' commoners.

Mr. Ellie and I were discussing this last night. I cannot even imagine how they feel!

<< What was that absolutely ridiculous blue contraption of a garment that Camilla chose for the evening reception??? Seriously, she honestly thought it was a good idea to leave the house in her shower robe??? A house dress??? Dh's granny had one nearly exactly like it - I'm not kidding! >>

One of the Brit sites called it "caftan chic" -- an oxymoron, if you ask me!

<< What was that absolutely ridiculous blue contraption of a garment that Camilla chose for the evening reception??? Seriously, she honestly thought it was a good idea to leave the house in her shower robe??? A house dress??? Dh's granny had one nearly exactly like it - I'm not kidding! >>

One of the Brit sites called it "caftan chic" -- an oxymoron, if you ask me!

no, it's a Muu Muu. Something to be worn only in the home when you expect no visitors. I think Camille and Charles are ............... tacky at best, so the Muu Muu is very fitting for her. I DO NOT like either of them.

I have always been very impressed with William, even at age 15 with the way he was after his mother's death, he seems like a serious, level headed person and seems to relate well with the "regular" non-royal people. I think he will be a good king some day, not so sure about his dad.

I like him, too. His PR guy (I'm sure there's a more royally-appropriate term for him, but he's a PR guy) was interviewed and he described how the night before the wedding, William heard the crowd outside and asked if he could go say hello. He went out and shook hands with people for quite a long time.

That first portrait, with the couple and the kids, is just lovely. And I'm delighted that Surly Flowergirl still looks a bit surly.

Mr. Ellie and I were discussing this last night. I cannot even imagine how they feel!

James Bond and I did too. That has got to be surreal for them.

BTW, William's cake is apparently a "secret recipe" but it's made with McVitties Digestives (cookies), which are AMAZING! Indy and I had some (dark chocolate) while we watched the wedding. I would love to know how to make a cake with them. Or maybe not. I'd be the size of a house. :D

James Bond and I did too. That has got to be surreal for them.

BTW, William's cake is apparently a "secret recipe" but it's made with McVitties Digestives (cookies), which are AMAZING! Indy and I had some (dark chocolate) while we watched the wedding. I would love to know how to make a cake with them. Or maybe not. I'd be the size of a house. :D

Cake! (Sub McVitties for the biscuits in the recipe.)

I think they look very happy. Does anyone else think Prince Harry turned out super cute? He just always looks like he's got something up his sleeve. :D

YES!!! That's what I've been saying! If I were young and single and British, I would try to snag him. ;)

I have always been very impressed with William, even at age 15 with the way he was after his mother's death, he seems like a serious, level headed person and seems to relate well with the "regular" non-royal people. I think he will be a good king some day, not so sure about his dad.

I thought it was interesting in the official family photo, Harry is beside William (instead of Charles):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/britishmonarchy/5671667895/in/photostream/

I think they look very happy. Does anyone else think Prince Harry turned out super cute? He just always looks like he's got something up his sleeve. :D

:iagree:

YES!!! That's what I've been saying! If I were young and single and British, I would try to snag him. ;)

Get in line, girly, and bring your best hat. :lol:

Actually, I was thinking that I hope that Surly Flowergirl grows out of her surliness fast because she will make a horrible teenager if it continues. (Though she is cute as a button in the pictures.)

I think Surly Flowergirl was a very, very tired little poppet by the time they reached the balcony. My very sweet-natured littles look a lot like that when they've had a long, boring day and no nap. :tongue_smilie:

You'd think these people could afford photographers who wouldn't stage formal portraits with a chandelier obliterating a face in a prominent painting hanging in the background. Are you kidding me?! And hire ones that could maintain focus, or capture "golden moments." These photographs are pedestrian at best.

Off with their heads! :D

Bill

Bill, I thought the same thing! I couldn't believe the one with the chandelier with the portrait behind it. (and I'm not even a good photographer-it was just so obvious!)

I wonder if putting Harry next to William was a height thing-he would have really stuck out to have his height on the end.

You'd think these people could afford photographers who wouldn't stage formal portraits with a chandelier obliterating a face in a prominent painting hanging in the background. Are you kidding me?! And hire ones that could maintain focus, or capture "golden moments." These photographs are pedestrian at best.

Off with their heads! :D

Bill

While I wouldn't go quite so far :D, I did wonder why the photographer wasn't a bit more careful with the composition of the chandelier/portrait photo.

I did love most of the photos though and thought the joy of everyone involved (well, except for the cute flowergirl ;)) was captured nicely.

Bill, I thought the same thing! I couldn't believe the one with the chandelier with the portrait behind it. (and I'm not even a good photographer-it was just so obvious!)

I wonder if putting Harry next to William was a height thing-he would have really stuck out to have his height on the end.

Yes, the staging really bothered me. I would have put one boy and two girls on each side arranged by height. I have a large group and it always bugs me when they arrange them all willy-nilly for not apparent purpose (height, coloring, clothing, something). :glare: