Menu

s/o have your kids mentioned if they will homeschool?

My oldest doesn't have an opinion, yet. He plans on following his wife's lead in the kids/schooling category.

My 14dd has already said she is only having 2 kids, a boy and girl, and since I won't homeschool them for free for her, she will be sending them to private school. She plans on being a very successful Nurse Practitioner and working full-time. I kind of cringe when she emphasized "successful." She loves me, but I believe she thinks I've given up too much for my kids. I haven't, but I have sacrificed. Ah, to be young and have everything figured out.

My 13ds has already picked out his wife and kids' names. His future wife was surprised that he wanted 6 kids and for them to be homeschooled all the way though. She is hsed and thinks that would be too much work. She's the youngest of two (they are just friends right now).

My youngest is never growing up or leaving my house, so no worries there. :lol:

My kids are young still so I take some of the things they say with a grain of salt. My son has several times said that he wants his wife to homeschool so he can come home for lunch and see everyone. He also wants the kids to stay up late so he can play with them even if he works until 6pm.

I just created a poll to ask this very question! I've only asked one child so far, my 8yo ds (who has never expressed interest in going to school). And he said he wasn't sure! I was really surprised. I thought for sure he'd say YES!

I saw that. We were definitely thinking the same thing. I thought my oldest would say yes, too. I guess he realizes that since he won't be the one doing it that he has to wait and see what his wife wants.

My kids are young still so I take some of the things they say with a grain of salt. My son has several times said that he wants his wife to homeschool so he can come home for lunch and see everyone. He also wants the kids to stay up late so he can play with them even if he works until 6pm.

Awww, so cute.

Ds 13 says that it would be up to his wife - if he even gets married!

Dd9 says she wants kids. She finds the question of schooling them at all stressful!

I don't blame your dd. Hsing is definitely for the determined. It's a lot of work no matter which method one uses.

My kids are really young.

My eldest doesn't plan to have kids. He is planning to travel around in Gramma's trailer.

My youngest plans to live in our small shed in the backyard. He is going to pull weeds till he can get enough money to buy a computer. He thinks I need more kids so says he will sometimes get a woman pregnant and then sneak the baby into the house for me raise. He wouldn't be able to help since he will be busy living in the shed, or traveling around the country side with his brother. He says I am to homeschool his kids so that I will have something to do with my time. :confused: At least he isn't planning to have 25 kids anymore.

I've only talked to dd13 about it. She's fairly adamant she's not having children but if she does, she will definitely homeschool. Of course I got excited because I want to homeschool them but she said no. She said it would be her kids and she would get to homeschool. Hmph.

Ds15 is going to dig a basement and be the geek child in the basement (his words) and never marry. Dd is going to be a lawyer and have her husband stay home and homeschool the kids. Ds9 is going to be an actor, either film or stage. Ds5 is going to live with me forever. :)

My 16 year old does not want to marry or have kids. She just wants me to keep having babies for her to love on. If she does have children, she will probably unschooled them.

My 14 year old will probably try to put his kids in expensive private school, then be shocked at how restrictive it is. "What do you MEAN you want my to schedule my vacations around your stupid school calendar?????" Then he will take them out and homeschool them.

I think my 12 year old will homeschool from the beginning, and I predict she will do a better job at it than I have. My youngest two are still too young to make any predictions about.

I don't have an investment in my grandchildren being home schooled, but I am really going to be sad if any of them are put in a crib on a schedule and put in daycare at 6 weeks of age. I'd be more than happy to babysit/homeschool my grandchildren for free.

Yes, my 9 yro insists that she:

a. is going to be a veterinarian

b. will adopt several children

c. will homeschool

d. is going to have a bunch of dogs, specifically a Whippet :confused: (she's never seen a whippet)

My 13 yo says:

A. chemist or music composer

B. will have 3 children

C. will homeschool

D. is going to have a bunch of horses.

And, she adds, if her husband doesn't agree, then she just won't marry him! :lol:

My oldest doesn't have an opinion, yet. He plans on following his wife's lead in the kids/schooling category.

It begs the question whether or not he's thought of criteria of what he's looking for in his future wife.

;)

My oldest two have sworn they will not marry someone who will not homeschool. My third is flexible as long as she can have babies. :) Obviously they are still young yet - 15, 12, and 9.

Yes, my oldest has talked about homeschooling, she's been working on her plans and booklists for future use. :)

The rest of them - it varies from day to day, depending on what kind of day we're having. :001_smile:

LOL, oh who are we kidding?! Some days whether or not *I* want to be homeschooling depends on the kind of day we're having. ;)

Edited by BlsdMama

Me: Hey, Ben, when you grow up and you have kids, do you want them to be homeschooled or go to regular school?

Ben, Age 5: Go to regular school.

Me: Why?

Ben, Age 5: Because what if they beg me to do things? That would be annoying!

Me: What do you mean??

Ben, Age 5: Like, what if they ask me to buy them things?

Me: So you want them to go to school so they don't beg you to buy them things?

Ben, Age 5: Yes! That would be annoying, wouldn't it?

ETA: My 10 year old daughter says she does plan to homeschool her kids.

Edited by NanceXToo

My 20yo and his fiance (both home school graduates) say yes. My 14yo says "yes, but if they want to go to brick high school I'll let them." I think this stems from the fact that we're letting her do this exact thing next year. I'll see what she says after she's attended for awhile ;) My 11yo says yes. I'm not going to bother asking the youngers, the answer would probably depend on how hard the math lesson was that day :tongue_smilie:

When my son was very young, he told me what he was going to name his son and daughter and that he would homeschool them. I asked my daughter (who is only 9), whether she would homeschool today so I could respond to the poll. She said, "That's a very complicated question and it will depend on a lot of things such as how many children I have." :lol:

Lisa

For those who say that my kid is young and you never know what will happen.

When my Dad was 10 he went to a one room school house. (They lived in the middle of no where, he isn't even 60 yet) and said, "When I grow up I'm going to marry that red head on the other side of the aisle. I'm going to get a job where I wear a suit and sit at a desk. I'm going to have two kids. A boy then a girl". ... And that is just what he did.