Menu

If you have a minivan...........

starting in 2005, Honda Odyssey offered a feature in its EXL and Touring models called cylinder deactivation, which turns off 3 of the 6 engine cylinders when driving at a steady speed or braking. It works at all speeds not just highway. In 2008 the engine was improved, and for 2011 it has been improved further and is offered on all trim levels. If you are serious about fuel sipping, you can get 18.75 mpg city and 24 mpg hwy with the 05-07 model, but i have seen as low as 16.5 city with our 2005. starting in 2008 it is easier to consistently get 18-19mpg city 24/25 hwy (because cylinder deactivation kicks in earlier), but you still need to pay attention and drive it just right. a few of us at work have different model year odysseys, and that is how I gathered this info.

HTH

I have a Town & Country and I get about 18 mpg, slightly better on the interstate.

We have a 2011 T & C. 19.7 mixed highway and town driving (25 mph speed limit around here). With pure highway, we get to 25.5 or so...and that's without using the ECON feature. It's a new engine this model year, so thought I'd throw that out there for comparison.

It's rated 17 city/25 highway.

2007 Sienna; we almost got a Suburban/YukonXL but the price of gas is just getting so high...anyway, we LOVE the Sienna eight-seater, and it's getting about 18 mpg in town, and 25ish on the highway. I am very pleased. Good luck choosing your new vehicle!:D

2006 Sienna here too. We are seeing about the same gas mileage as everyone else. Didn't want a minivan but LOVING it. Tony asked me a few days ago if I could get anything I wanted this year what would it be. I have to say it would be another Sienna. It fits us very well. We went with the 7 passenger. I love the hallway down the middle that makes it so easy to get to the backseats.