Menu

Philly Conference

No there isn't going to be a Northeast Homeschool convention. They lost their space at the Convention Center and was not able to find another location until 2012.

HOwever, Dr. Kemnitz of Royal Fireworks Press is trying to organize a mini-meeting in Philadelphia for the same dates as the Northeast Conference. We are trying to get SWB and MCT to meet us there and are asking for a show of auto smilies, who would attend. SWB mentioned also asking Jim Weiss to attend. Dr. Kemnitz said he is trying to get a few other speakers as well.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No there isn't going to be a Northeast Homeschool convention. They lost their space at the Convention Center and was not able to find another location until 2012.

HOwever, Dr. Kemnitz of Royal Fireworks Press is trying to organize a mini-meeting in Philadelphia for the same dates as the Northeast Conference. We are trying to get SWB and MCT to meet us there and are asking for a show of auto smilies, who would attend. SWB mentioned also asking Jim Weiss to attend. Dr. Kemnitz said he is trying to get a few other speakers as well.

I was signed up for Philly, and SWB and MCT are the most important to me. What is a "show of auto smilies"? Sorry if this has been answered in another post.

Edited by enviromommy
found out what an auto smiley is..will post one

I was signed up for Philly, and SWB and MCT are the most important to me. What is a "show of auto smilies"? Sorry if this has been answered in another post.

If you would attend this meeting in Philadelphia, post w/ the auto smiley :auto: I am taking a head count to give to Dr. Kemnitz.

Has anyone else been asked? Where are we gonna do this and How many people can we invite! I can get on some Facebook and websites to ask in anyone else can come and speak? What about posting a message on the NE Conference Facebook to ask if any other speakers are interested in still coming?

It's going to be in Philadelphia. I don't have any other specifics. I am waiting to hear further from Dr. Kemnitz. SWB is thinking of coming. MCT will be there. Dr. K. said he was trying to get other speakers but didn't mention any names. WHen I know more, hopefully today or tomorrow, I will post! Andrew Kern is not too far away in North Carolina and I wonder if he would come.

Has anyone else been asked? Where are we gonna do this and How many people can we invite! I can get on some Facebook and websites to ask in anyone else can come and speak? What about posting a message on the NE Conference Facebook to ask if any other speakers are interested in still coming?

I'm starting to get nervous (and crazy excited!) about all this :lol: I was wondering these things this morning. Has anyone started calling around about the cost of a meeting/conference room, and about whether the Radisson will keep extending the $129 rate? Are we definitely keeping this at the Radisson, or do we want to price out some other options?

It's going to be in Philadelphia. I don't have any other specifics. I am waiting to hear further from Dr. Kemnitz. SWB is thinking of coming. MCT will be there. Dr. K. said he was trying to get other speakers but didn't mention any names. WHen I know more, hopefully today or tomorrow, I will post! Andrew Kern is not too far away in North Carolina and I wonder if he would come.

Ah, you answered me before I even posted. Let me know if you want to assign me a job to do!

Let me know if there is anyone I can Contact! I will Do what I can I really want to help! I can send out some emails to the people I have email address for Like Carol Barnier if that's OK!

I'm starting to get nervous (and crazy excited!) about all this :lol: I was wondering these things this morning. Has anyone started calling around about the cost of a meeting/conference room, and about whether the Radisson will keep extending the $129 rate? Are we definitely keeping this at the Radisson, or do we want to price out some other options?

Based on what Dr. K told me, he is looking into these things. I hope to hear more from him today or tomorrow. I am emailing him right now with the current head count. I'm sure as this moves forwards, there will be some advertising by RFWP etc so the numbers are likely to grow.

Based on what Dr. K told me, he is looking into these things. I hope to hear more from him today or tomorrow. I am emailing him right now with the current head count. I'm sure as this moves forwards, there will be some advertising by RFWP etc so the numbers are likely to grow.

Well, that is just too cool.

ETA: Does all of this have anyone else wondering if there's a market opportunity here? My entrepreneurial-minded DH is starting to get ideas in his head over all this. I wonder just how big a market there is for at least one truly academic-oriented conference, without regard to any specific worldview.

Edited by melissel

Ok here's the scoop as I understand it. I did know before all of this occurring, that Dr. Kemnitz of RFWP was planning to host small conventions with just a few speakers, with MCT being a featured speaker. He was going to hold this in various locations. So the cancelation of the Northeast Convention has spurred this forward I do believe. So RFWP will be holding a mini-convention at the Radisson's convention center which can hold 2000 people for the dates of the Northeast Convention. More to follow on speakers.

We're going to Philadelphia!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOHOOOOO

Edited by Capt_Uhura

Ok here's the scoop as I understand it. I did know before all of this occurring, that Dr. Kemnitz of RFWP was planning to host small conventions with just a few speakers, with MCT being a featured speaker. He was going to hold this in various locations. So the cancelation of the Northeast Convention has spurred this forward I do believe. So RFWP will be holding a mini-convention at the Radisson's convention center which can hold 2000 people. More to follow on speakers.

:party:

(Choose your dessert Capt Uhura :D)

Edited by Luckymama

Ok here's the scoop as I understand it. I did know before all of this occurring, that Dr. Kemnitz of RFWP was planning to host small conventions with just a few speakers, with MCT being a featured speaker. He was going to hold this in various locations. So the cancelation of the Northeast Convention has spurred this forward I do believe. So RFWP will be holding a mini-convention at the Radisson's convention center which can hold 2000 people.

This is the best thing I have heard today :001_smile:

I will copy and paste the email!

Kristine,

This would definitely be a possibility. I obviously still have the date open

as it was just cancelled. So let me know what you need from me as the

planning progresses to see if we can work together.

How exciting!

Carol Barnier

carol@carolbarnier.com

:willy_nilly::willy_nilly::willy_nilly::party::cheers2::cheers2::svengo::svengo:

Ok here's the scoop as I understand it. I did know before all of this occurring, that Dr. Kemnitz of RFWP was planning to host small conventions with just a few speakers, with MCT being a featured speaker. He was going to hold this in various locations. So the cancelation of the Northeast Convention has spurred this forward I do believe. So RFWP will be holding a mini-convention at the Radisson's convention center which can hold 2000 people for the dates of the Northeast Convention. More to follow on speakers.

Can someone help me out with the initials MCT? :)

and just to be clear, this is the same weekend that the North East Convention was to be held? thanks!! :)

~liz

OK I HAVE PERMISSION TO SCREAM that SWB AND MCT will be at the Royal Fireworks Press convention to be held at the Radisson in metropolitan area of Philadelphia for June 23-25!

SWB - YOU'RE THE WOMAN!!!!!!!!! WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

And a BIG thank you to DR. Kemnitz for coming through for us!

OK I HAVE PERMISSION TO SCREAM that SWB AND MCT will be at the Royal Fireworks Press convention to be held at the Radisson in metropolitan area of Philadelphia for June 23-25!

I am so happy for you guys!!!! :D

:party: Yahooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:party::party::party::party::party:

You do know this almost works out better for ya'll. I mean talk about better ratio's!!!! ;)

Although, for their sake I hope this grows bigger than you guys could dream!!!

Yeah really. The selfish side of me is soooo happy that it's a much smaller, cozier crowd but for the sake of our speakers I hope it gets huge.