Menu

Philly Conference

Who are they? "splain. :D

No idea what Sizzle Bop is, but Christopher Perrin is in charge of Classical Academic Press. His talk on "The Lighter Side of Education" in Cinci was truly inspirational, as was "Intellectual Virtues", and his talks on Latin and Logic are very helpful, too. He speaks in favor of intellect, trusting God instead of living in fear, and building relationships with our children as we educate them.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who are they? "splain. :D

We use Classical Academic Press (CAP) for my kids' Latin curriculum. We've used the DVDs so we all feel like Christopher Perrin (and now Karen Moore for dd) are our other teachers. ;) SizzleBop.com is a website for teaching high energy kids and the website author (Carol something) wrote this book "How to Get Your Child Off the Refrigerator and Turned on to Learning." Both were going to be at the NE conference and I was looking forward to meeting them. :(

No idea what Sizzle Bop is, but Christopher Perrin is in charge of Classical Academic Press. His talk on "The Lighter Side of Education" in Cinci was truly inspirational, as was "Intellectual Virtues", and his talks on Latin and Logic are very helpful, too. He speaks in favor of intellect, trusting God instead of living in fear, and building relationships with our children as we educate them.

Oh man...sounds wonderful. Why oh why didn't I go to Cincy?? :cursing::banghead: Pardon me now while I go get dressed in my sackcloth and ashes.:nopity:

We use Classical Academic Press (CAP) for my kids' Latin curriculum. We've used the DVDs so we all feel like Christopher Perrin (and now Karen Moore for dd) are our other teachers. ;) SizzleBop.com is a website for teaching high energy kids and the website author (Carol something) wrote this book "How to Get Your Child Off the Refrigerator and Turned on to Learning." Both were going to be at the NE conference and I was looking forward to meeting them. :(

Oh, that's what Sizzle Bop is. I love Carol Barnier!! I heard her speak on ADHD-ish moms (If I'm Diapering the Watermelon, Where'd I Leave the Baby) in Lansing a few years ago, and I alternated between laughing hysterically and crying.

I spoke with Dr. Kemnitz of RFWP. He is definitely on board with organizing something for the same dates as the Philadelphia conference! He is going to try to get a few other speakers as well!!!!

SWB - Please, please can you meet us there? I will drop her a note and beg. I'm not above begging......:lol:

I spoke with Dr. Kemnitz of RFWP. He is definitely on board with organizing something for the same dates as the Philadelphia conference! He is going to try to get a few other speakers as well!!!!

SWB - Please, please can you meet us there? I will drop her a note and beg. I'm not above begging......:lol:

:thumbup1:

I didn't know how else to get in touch w/ SWB so I left her a message at her blog!

keep your fingers crossed everyone! See what a few worker bees can do if we set our mind to it? :lol:

She's probably preoccupied looking for her missing luggage at the moment, poor thing. :leaving:

On the house convention thread, she suggested emailing her assistant--Patricia Worth (pattie AT welltrainedmind.com). Maybe try that too? This is most definitely the time for overkill!

(SWB, we :001_wub: you!)

I'm a cheap date since I usually only drink water but I will certainly take a chocolate desert! Believe me, this is purely selfish on my part. :001_smile: You all had the idea, I just posted a thread which seems to have gotten the ball rolling.

I will send Pattie an email as well.

Dr. Kemnitz will be posting at the RFWP facebook page as well as at the MCTLA forum and I will certainly cross post any information to this thread as well.

Capt Uhura

Keep posting your auto smiley. I will be giving Dr. Kemnitz a head count late tomorrow so if you know of your friends who do not post at this board who would attend, PLEASE post an auto smiley for each friend so that he/she can be counted.

Does he need a firm headcount? I have a couple other HS moms that might be interested but both are out of town at the moment.