Menu

Philly Conference

Just saw on Facebook...

Royal Fireworks Press posted:

We are sorry to hear that the NorthEast Great Homeschool Convention is Philadephia has had to be canceled due to venue problems. A great disappointment to all.

I'm at Cincy now with my friends, but we haven't been able to confirm this yet. My heart goes out to those who were planning on Philly! Oh my. :confused:

Edited by PhunandFonics

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He said to call Northeast Convention. I already have my hotel booked and it was convenient since it was at the hotel. Hopefully the convention will send out emails soon to those of us that have registered.

I sent an email to Northeast Convention asking about the relocation and if the dates are the same. Let's hope they answer quickly. You would think they would send out an automated email as I assume they will be barraged by emails.

I haven't registered yet, I was actually just about to do that this morning but I checked my message boards first. I have reserved my hotel room, though, because I wanted the one with the convention. I hope they put out info soon, so I know if I have to cancel. :(

I live a few hours away in VA but have a hotel reserved and registered at the conf ages ago. I'm crushed on several levels--but YES to the idea of making our own convention somehow anyway. Count me in on the WTM organizer team if that's the case.

Though the Tigger in me is hoping the guy Capt Uhura spoke with was right, and there's just a change of venue...

With the Cincy convention finishing today, it might be Monday before they have the moment to breathe to have more information to send out.

I do hope they find a new location. I'm really bummed for all those wanting to attend. :grouphug:

-crystal

I already paid and booked my hotel room...If it was cancelled, I think they would have told me, sent me a refund or something...

I think with the Cincy convention this weekend, it might be Monday before they begin to email and post more info.

I don't think the vendors were suppose to announce it quite yet until more was said from the organizers. But I'm sure RWP wasn't expecting this level of chat about it. ;)

So, I'd just wait a few days to hear anything. I know that's hard to do, but the Cincy convention is right now.

The convention is not on the venue's calendar. So.. try to wait and see.

yes, I have my conspiracy theories too. :lol:

but it could be for unrelated reasons as well.

prayers, happy vibes, etc...maybe it will have a happy ending.

-crystal

I'm suspicious. It just seems odd to have this rumor running around at the same time Ham's minions are pitching their fit. GHC says nothing and neither does their FB page. I could be wrong but I smell a rat.

What does this mean?...I am not sure really who Ken Ham is or what would be going on with him...I did see that he was a speaker before, and is now not on the speakers list...

I'm suspicious. It just seems odd to have this rumor running around at the same time Ham's minions are pitching their fit. GHC says nothing and neither does their FB page. I could be wrong but I smell a rat.

no. that is ridiculous. AIG would not do something to sabotage the convention. sorry...that's just silly.

No, I was thinking more along the lines of someone starting a rumor that it was canceled, not actually sabotaging a convention.

it's still silly. one characteristic of the type of people who like ken ham and aig is that they are honest--perhaps too honest and too naive. starting rumors and generating lies in an attempt to pull the rug out from something just seems...sillly. they wouldn't do it. they'll leave the spin-doctoring to KH himself while they all stand around and nod furiously.

I just registered on Thursday. I was so excited because Capt Uhura and I were meeting there and sharing a room!! It just can't be true. I don't want it to be. WAHHHHHH!

I just registered day before yesterday!! The site is still up, and you can still register to attend.... :confused:

I called the Convention Center and told that the Northeast Convention was relocated. He said to call the Northeast Convention and promptly hung up. I've emailed the NOrtheast convention but haven't heard back. I'm sure we'll hear something once they are back from Cinncy.

THIS IS ALL MY FAULT!!!!!! I knew I shouldn't register early or book a room!! I KNEW I shouldn't get excited about all this. I have been homeschooling 16 years...went to one convention about 12 years ago and swore...NEVER AGAIN....BUT.....SWB ANDS MCT!!!! How could I resist.

I am so sorry......:auto:

Faithe

THIS IS ALL MY FAULT!!!!!! I knew I shouldn't register early or book a room!! I KNEW I shouldn't get excited about all this. I have been homeschooling 16 years...went to one convention about 12 years ago and swore...NEVER AGAIN....BUT.....SWB ANDS MCT!!!! How could I resist.

Faithe

This would have been my first convention...This is the first time I registered and booked a room...Maybe it is my fault :tongue_smilie:

I called the Convention Center and told that the Northeast Convention was relocated. He said to call the Northeast Convention and promptly hung up. I've emailed the NOrtheast convention but haven't heard back. I'm sure we'll hear something once they are back from Cinncy.

Were you told by the convention center that it is relocated? I am unsure from you posting...

I hope to go to:(

Sorry, there are a few words missing. I crushed my thumb trying to open a ladder and I'm in a great deal of pain.

I called the Valley Forge Convention Center. I told the person who answered the phone, that I read on a facebook page that the Homeschool convention scheduled for June had been canceled. He said, "yes it has." I said "It has?" in an incredulous voice and he said, "yes, it's been canceled and relocated. Call the Northeast Convention for more information" click. that was it.

I then called the Radisson hotel. The person who answered the phone said that none of the rooms that are reserved for booking for the convention have been canceled by the hotel and as far as she knows, the convention is still taking place.

So I'm hoping just the venue has changed.

Faithe

No you have it all wrong. it is all my fault. I haven't been away from my three kids in almost 11 years unless you count time spent in the hospital having the next one. :glare: This was one chance to get away and spend three days w/ my girlfriends and fellow classical homeschoolers at a convention listening to SWB, MCT, Zaccaro, and others speak. My first convention.

yes, it's all my fault.

No you have it all wrong. it is all my fault. I haven't been away from my three kids in almost 11 years unless you count time spent in the hospital having the next one. :glare: This was one chance to get away and spend three days w/ my girlfriends and fellow classical homeschoolers at a convention listening to SWB, MCT, Zaccaro, and others speak. My first convention.

yes, it's all my fault.

Yep, mine too. :( I put off two local conventions to go to this one. Now, I can't go to any, unless Philly actually comes through with a new venue. One of them I had promised to take my son to to see really cool fossils This is karma getting back at me, I guess. Sorry guys.