Menu

Am I allowed to have baby fever???

I have two children already. They are 3 and 2. Friends and family were shocked and horrified when I found out I was pregnant with #2 so soon after #1. :glare: (My age does not help matters, I was 20 and 21 when they were born) Up until about a month ago I was not ready, but I think I'm getting ready. I've been looking at baby things, thinking about baby things, I even have a maternity skirt in my Old Navy shopping cart. :D I've been doing some pregancy math and even if I got pregnant right now the kids would be about 3 and 4 when the new baby comes. I guess I just know, no matter when I announce pregnancy #3 everyone is going to respond, "So soon, oh my! Doesn't sh already have her hands full." :001_huh:

I just want permission from the hive to have baby fever no matter what my mother or my MIL, or my sister.....think! :lol:

I have 3, 2 and 2 1/2 years apart. It's harder at first, but it's so nice to have them all in a pack like that now that they're older. My kids are as close as any siblings I know (I mean, they fight like crazy sometimes, too, of course). And it makes it much easier to find things to do that appeal to everyone. Oh, and adding my third was a breeze compared to going from one to two.

Baby fever is always good! :001_smile: You can catch some from me!

My youngest just turned 1, and I have had baby fever for 6 months. :lol: I think I will always have it.

Don't worry about what your family thinks. I always wonder why people can't just consider a baby a blessing and bite their tongues??

• 2 weeks later...
OP here, I thought I would update this thread. I'm pregnant! I was pregnant when I started the thread and didn't know it! :lol: I'm a little shocked b/c I wasn't expecting it, but excited!

:lol: That's funny! You had more than baby fever! :lol:

Congrats!!!!!!!!

OP here, I thought I would update this thread. I'm pregnant! I was pregnant when I started the thread and didn't know it! :lol: I'm a little shocked b/c I wasn't expecting it, but excited!

:party: :party: :party:

congratulations. I hope you have a healthy, happy baby and share many happy years together!

Congratulations!!!

Question: does baby fever always result in baby reality? If so, I think I'm going to have to stop giving in to this baby fever; I'm just not ready for baby reality!

:lol:

Congratulations!!!

Question: does baby fever always result in baby reality? If so, I think I'm going to have to stop giving in to this baby fever; I'm just not ready for baby reality!

For me, "baby fever" = hormones + ovulation= unprotected (married) sex=ds2 :001_smile: So there is a good chance of the one causing the other.

In my case it did. As soon as my kids got over their newbornness (around 6 months old) I would start feeling baby fever. I got pregnant when my first was 6 months old and then again when my 2nd was a year old. I also got pregnant when my 3rd was 9 months and 18 months but miscarried both of them.

I am not the best person to be having babies so close together (I'm terribly short on patience) but the baby fever ALWAYS wins :lol:

Plus each miscarriage I have only makes it worse andI get more desperate to have another - even though 3 probably really is a good number for me to stop at.

I'm a terrible family planner :D

Have you ever regretted your other children and wished they weren't here? Does your family truly wish they weren't born? Of course not! Have baby fever all you want; don't worry what others think. :001_smile:

:iagree::iagree:

I am now having Grandma fever!! I am past age to be having my own...but I sure would love snuggle a littley again.

Faithe (who really loves babies)

Congratulations!!!

:lol: I did *not* have baby fever when I was pregnant (or before...), but I have it now. I thought baby reality was going to be tough, but God must be watching over me.

Here she is if anyone needs help getting baby fever. :001_wub:

Congratulations to the OP! That is too funny, but I'm glad you are excited!

You have my permission.:001_smile: When I got pregnant with our second my mil had a fit! My mom sat across the room from her and with a very somber face said, "Well, one thing that was for sure with my babies, there was always at least 9 months and 15 minutes between them." She never cracked a smile but the gleam in her eyes was priceless AND my mil never said another word.:lol:

:lol: I did *not* have baby fever when I was pregnant (or before...), but I have it now. I thought baby reality was going to be tough, but God must be watching over me.

Here she is if anyone needs help getting baby fever. :001_wub:

Congratulations to the OP! That is too funny, but I'm glad you are excited!

Beautiful! I've looked at your blog once or twice, too, and totally appreciate your photography skills (mostly because I have none) :)

But that baby...oh, my! I'd eat her up if she got anywhere too close!

Oh, and thank you for contributing to my (tiny, but growing) baby fever...if I get prego, I'll tell DH it's the Hive's fault. (Because, of course, baby fever is what causes pregnancy...I learn new things all the time here on WTM!)