Menu

nursing bras?

At a 36G (H for the first year after birth), I have to buy mine for a specialty store and there are only two choices in my size. I haven't tried ordering online because the shipping back and forth seems like too much of a pain. I prefer underwire and go with Medela's underwire bras. They don't hold up very well though. The wire usually pokes out under the armpit within a couple of months. I patch them up to make them last longer though.

Any good recommendations for a good, comfortable one for a full figured gal? I'm due in less than four weeks.........thanks!

O

I'm in the same boat and need to order ASAP. I had two great ones last time but they wore out and the styles have been discontinued. I know I'm going to need to spend some $$, but would like to make sure they'll be super supportive and comfy. Unfortunately, online's my only option since I'm a 32 band. :glare:

This site is a great resource: http://www.birthandbaby.com/ They carry every brand and style and their online size calculator is surprisingly accurate. :)

:iagree:This is the company that I bought from when I had my 2yo dd (I wore a 42 J when nursing). I tried every bra that Motherhood Maternity and JCPenney had, nothing worked. I was ready to give up when I came across Birth and Baby, wish so much I had known about them when I had the boys. Reasonable prices, great bras, can't beat the shipping and I can't say enough about the customer service! My mom bought the bras for me and when they had a problem processing payment, the owner personally contacted my mom and got it all straightened, very very nice lady!!!

Good luck finding the right bra and congratulations!!!!

I detest bras, so I'll probably get nursing cami's instead. I did try on nursing bras at JC Penny's, and almost bought some because they were on sale, but they had too much exposed elastic for my comfort. If I do decide I need that level of support, I'll probably make do with the ones I can get at Walmart. I may also just go with plain sports bras and pull them down or up to nurse.

I recommend the Yes! Bra over the bravado one; the bottom elastic band on the bravado tends to roll, making it very uncomfy over time. The Yes! Bra doesn't have that problem. It's very sports-bra in its styling, but so is the bravado. I wore mine non-stop in my last nursing stint. :)

My absolute favorite nursing bra is the Elle MacPherson Maternelle. I have it in several different sizes. Super-comfortable, supportive, and pretty too.

I also love the Glamourmom nursing tanks. (Which reminds me, I have to order more -- I'm still wearing the ones I bought for #2 and they are getting seriously ratty.)

I like the bravado sports bra type for sleeping and the bravado body silk for daytime as it gives you less of the uniboob effect. However, I see they have 2 newer ones called the bliss and the sublime that look nice. Looks like they would give you good shape without underwire (which I was always advised by the LC's to not use as it increases chances for clogged ducts and mastitis esp if you are full figured!).

I am a big fan of Goddess nursing bras. I'm a 38J when I'm nursing, and Goddess makes very comfortable, supportive, underwire-free bras in sizes even bigger than that. ;)

I do have to say, unfortunately, that they are as ugly as homemade sin. I am ready to wean and wear something else.

I'm in the same boat and need to order ASAP. I had two great ones last time but they wore out and the styles have been discontinued. I know I'm going to need to spend some $$, but would like to make sure they'll be super supportive and comfy. Unfortunately, online's my only option since I'm a 32 band. :glare:

I am looking for 32/34 DD. :001_huh: Maybe a cup bigger now.

No luck locally.

I'm full figured and never had good luck with nursing bras. They just are not very supportive. My sister told me a trick that I used and loved when I nursed my 6th one. I just wore my regular bra which was underwire and quite supportive slipped the strap off my shoulder to loosen everything and was able to slip my bOOk out with no problem.

I had to order my 32Es online from the site I linked. I didn't like Bravados. Uniboob isn't my thing and I don't like bras that go on overhead. :tongue_smilie:

I cant stand uniboobs!!! :lol:

Plus I need good support. I will check out your links.

Is E above DD? :001_huh: I am not sure what size to get.

I cant stand uniboobs!!! :lol:

Plus I need good support. I will check out your links.

Is E above DD? :001_huh: I am not sure what size to get.

Go see my first post in this thread and use the calculator in the link (you will need a measuring tape). I was gobsmaked when I got a result of 32E (I had been wearing 34Cs, which fit badly). A properly-fitting, supportive bra was soooo nice!

Go see my first post in this thread and use the calculator in the link (you will need a measuring tape). I was gobsmaked when I got a result of 32E (I had been wearing 34Cs, which fit badly). A properly-fitting, supportive bra was soooo nice!

Just pm'ed you because I want to know what kind you have. :)

• 4 months later...
Guest ojmcwt

try the nursing bras at leading lady. i've always had luck with them. my favorite is the molded seamless wirefree (i have pink) it has a great shape and had marvelous nipple coverage so i wore it out in public! :)

I'm currently a 40 DD (or E) and I've been very happy with the ones I've gotten from Motherhood Maternity, of all places. They were inexpensive, too, like maybe $20. I know you can order from their website, or go in and get measured if you live near one of their stores.

Grumble. THey didn't have any in my size when I was there :(