Menu

Who here has pilfered chocolate from their kids halloween candy?

You know you have a problem when you resort to Whoppers. :tongue_smilie:

I KNOW!!! That's exactly what I said as I was greedily gathering them up. Of course, there is a reason they were still left when there were no Reece cups, Snickers or M&Ms to be found. I think we've come up with ther next slogan:

Whoppers: They will always be there for you!:001_smile:

My kids have to "pay" me in chocolate for each candy wrapper or lollipop stick left on the floor that I have to bend over and throw away. It takes a day or two of this before they really catch onto the concept... THROW YOUR WRAPPERS IN THE TRASH! And I always end up with a tidy sum of chocolate.

We have the same problem in the summer with popsicles. But I'm not really a popsicle fan. I just stop buying them. They haven't really caught on to the cause and effect of that yet. :glare:

Well, no nuts are allowed here due to ds's peanut allergy. Someone had to eat all that nut-contaminated stuff. Actually, there was so much that dh took it to his office, but I still kept a small secret stash, mostly butterfingers and almond joys ;). That's all gone now and yes, I am resorting to pilfering from the kids after they're in bed.

I just ate one of those fun-size snickers - would it not make sense to do ab exercises right now to make up for it? :tongue_smilie: (as in, Ab Ripper X, which I haven't done in months! but the tummy bulge is growing!! don't tell DH)

The day after, I pulled out my food sealer and sealed the tons of candy up in little bags to slow the consumption. After finding they were still sneaking candy, I locked it all in dad's file cabinet. Now dad is the only pilferer and the kids have mostly forgotten about it...all except the 17 year old who posted on facebook that her mom had the nerve to seal up all the candy. :glare: