Menu

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I just have a limited amount of IRL adult interaction. AKA: I talk a lot.

If people were REALLY paying attention, they would probably know whether or not my hubby was in my general vicinity. <--edited to make this bit more clear :D

Apparently some people think Toni and secular_mom is saying no it's not.

I didn't think it was Toni, fwiw. The person I was thinking of was banned well before all of that went down.

Edited by Mrs Mungo

I'm part of the 5000+ crowd, and don't remember more than vague bits and pieces. I'm blaming it on copious amounts of alcohol I'm virtually consuming. Otherwise people will think I either don't care or don't pay attention. :D

I sometimes worry that people don't think I care when I forget everything.

I have absolutely NO CLUE who you guys are talking about or what went down. Link? ;)

?? LOL, I didn't imply anything, except that I think it was a woman who felt scorned. If *you* are implying who *I* think *you* are implying, that wasn't who I was thinking of. That person didn't even post on the old boards (I'm pretty sure she didn't).

:D I was thinking you were either referring to one banned poster or another. In either case, you are wrong.

:D I was thinking you were either referring to one banned poster or another. In either case, you are wrong.

Hmmmm, now I am confuzzled, bc I was thinking of the other. But then, I am still a newbie, only 2 1/2 years under my belt, so what do I know. :D

Nothing to see here folks, move along, nothing to see here. :lol:

If you're thinking of Cat (the old one, not the new one), I know it's not her, I talk on the phone with her almost every day. :D If she's not the other one, I don't know who is. Maybe I missed something when I was out for election season?

Hmmmm, now I am confuzzled, bc I was thinking of the other. But then, I am still a newbie, only 2 1/2 years under my belt, so what do I know. :D

Nothing to see here folks, move along, nothing to see here. :lol:

:lol:

You know, I often feel like I spend too much time here...then a thread like this comes along, and I think, "my goodness; I've got to find more time to read the boards!" But then I'm an Aries, and we hate to be left out of anything.

Oh my gosh, I laughed so hard my kids came to see what was up. I'm a Scorpio, we like to keep it vague.

If you're thinking of Cat (the old one, not the new one), I know it's not her, I talk on the phone with her almost every day. :D If she's not the other one, I don't know who is. Maybe I missed something when I was out for election season?

Nope, not thinking of the cat.

OK, if no one thinks it's Toni or Cat, then who else could it possibly be? I was sure it was one of those two because of everything that happened. Someone MUST pm me...this Cancer hates being left out too!!! :crying:

what happened? Was it a heated post like the crockpot or shopping cart threads? Was it an outright attack? Were they permanently banned? What would cause one to be permanently banned?

I don't remember huge issues. Maybe it was while I was on a board break?

Okay, as a very new newbie, WHAT is the huge debate over crockpots??? (I understand the shopping cart one, as another message board I'm on had it's own blown-out-of-proportion thread on the topic, but the "debate" over crockpots has me stumped!)

I was a member on the oooold boards but I had a different username. And I have no clue about who else it could be. It sounds like a particular whiney person but I don't remember names well. Most of you could totally confuse the bat$%& out of me just by changing your avatar. :lol:

Oh and my bet is for mid morning, say 6amish?

ETA: that is 6a.m.-ish, not 6 amish folk. Although I have nothing against the amish.

Edited by specialmama

Okay, as a very new newbie, WHAT is the huge debate over crockpots??? (I understand the shopping cart one, as another message board I'm on had it's own blown-out-of-proportion thread on the topic, but the "debate" over crockpots has me stumped!)

I did a search for you but couldn't find THE thread. Sorry.

You know, I often feel like I spend too much time here...then a thread like this comes along, and I think, "my goodness; I've got to find more time to read the boards!" But then I'm an Aries, and we hate to be left out of anything.

Me too down to the "aries' part. We really do hate to be left out. I am clueless but still finding this thread hilarious.

I believe the crock pot debate went:

Person 1:I love my crock pot, it's the best tool I have in my kitchen.

Person 2: Why would anyone cook food in a lead lined pot, you are a moron.

OK that is not verbatim at all, but it about sums it up.

Edited by LaissezFaire

Since when is 6a mid morning? That is like the crack of dawn for me. I think people who get up that early on purpose without having to go to work need serious intervention.

Oh, I say 2a.

I don't think Dawn will appreciate that. :lol::tongue_smilie:

And I will gladly take that intervention if you're offering it. Good help is hard to find. ;)

Me too down to the "aries' part. We really do hate to be left out. I am clueless but still finding this thread hilarious.

I believe the crock pot debate went:

Person 1:I love my crock pot, it's the best tool I have in my kitchen.

Person 2: Why would anyone cook food in a lead lined pot, you are a moron.

OK that is not verbatim at all, but it about sums it up.

If you try search lead and crockpot you mostly come up with people making jokes about it...so....that doesn't really work out. But, I agree that sums it up. :lol:

Someone MUST pm me...this Cancer hates being left out too!!! :crying:

Me, too!

I lurked on the old boards and for awhile before joining these boards. I remember the general idea of what's being alluded to, but I don't remember details.

This Virgo is dying to post who I think it is, but wants to stay under the radar when the thread gets closed down so I don't feel like I got into trouble. :auto:

Please, Laura! Melissa and I have to know!

Oh, and I'm betting we don't make it to midnight!

Me, too!

I lurked on the old boards and for awhile before joining these boards. I remember the general idea of what's being alluded to, but I don't remember details.

Please, Laura! Melissa and I have to know!

Oh, and I'm betting we don't make it to midnight!

Yes! Yes we do!!! So far I can only think of three people (plus one suggested to me via PM, and thank you for that!) but it seems like no one else thinks it's these people. And I can't think of anyone else! Oh, actually, I can think of one other person...but I can't remember her name! My brain is so fried...

But! Do you cook it in a lead-lined pot? If you do, you're a moron. (And thank you for eating in an ecologically sustainable way from the foods available to you locally.)

Of course we eat our squirrel with a generous serving of lead! That's why we are all morons.

This Virgo is dying to post who I think it is, but wants to stay under the radar when the thread gets closed down so I don't feel like I got into trouble. :auto:

Well, a person could always add a tag, and then no one would know who said it. Just sayin...

:D

I'd pm you, but there's a fair chance I'm wrong. The person I'm thinking of was banned from this board, but likely posted on the old one. It is not any of the ones previously mentioned. However, there seems to have been some confusion as to whether this individual went by two names at one point, in which case, the 2nd name has been mentioned, and it would seem I might be wrong. If she didn't, then I still have a chance of being right.

How's that for cryptic?

Okay, I was looking for the crockpot thread, because I wanted to know what all the fuss was about when I found this quote telling everyone to get a thicker skin:

Good point. And in addition: if you decide to READ a thread about, say, HEALTH CARE, you ought to go in realizing that there will be strong opinions in it. If that bothers you, read one about crockpots or something instead.

SWB

Just struck me funny.