Menu

What does your family call the Hive?

Ever since I joined a gazillion homeschool-related Yahoo groups way back when, and certainly since becoming active on the Hive, my ds13 has called my homeschool social network the "Mom Mafia".

When explaining this to hsing friends IRL, he demonstrates by acting shifty, looking quickly around and leaning in with a low whisper, saying "Hey, you got a copy of that 5th grade math?" Then opens his imaginary overcoat, glances around and once again whispers, "Yeah, got a good deal on one right here." :lol:

If I'm on the computer for an extended period of time, he'll ask, "Are you writing to so-and-so, checking your mail, or are you on the Mom Mafia?"

Only recently did he discover that this board is called WTM. He then asked, "What does that stand for, 'What-The-Mom'"? :glare:

So, do your families have any cute names for (or comments about) the Hive?

Y'all are the Well-Trained Mind Ladies--apologies to the guys!

And you know EVERYthing. :D

Yes, The Board has become the mother of all references and the arbitrator of many disputes in our house. Any question that can not be answered or settled here is referred to the board by not only the occupants of this house but by many other members of the family as well.

Yes, The Board has become the mother of all references and the arbitrator of many disputes in our house. Any question that can not be answered or settled here is referred to the board by not only the occupants of this house but by many other members of the family as well.

If it is a slow news day at our house, my dh or the kids will ask me what the latest board controversy is about!

Guest Katia

Here, it is "your ladies".

As in, "Are you online talking to your ladies?" or "Why don't you ask your ladies?" or "What did your ladies say to that?"

Yes, they know there are men on here, too. A lot of times I'll read the guys' posts aloud to them, but they still say "your ladies". :001_smile:

I just usually call you my friends. Sometimes I say my online friends, but really....a lot of people don't 'get' that, ("How can you be friends with people you've never met?" :glare:) so I don't elaborate, kwim?