Menu

Our new schoolroom pics.....

A very happy place. And I love me some happy. :)

I just finished up our new schoolroom too. It's on the blog...

Thanks for sharing!

Nice! I may have to give up at least a portion of my living room for a school area also. I finally finished painting it yesterday, and should get the trim done tomorrow.

Is that a pottery barn swivel chair? I sooo want one! :001_wub:

are on my new'ish blog here.

It's been fun decorating. I'm not gonna lie. :)

The girls love it and enjoy being down there for school. The workboxes are a hit.

Thanks for stopping by....:auto:

Wow! My basement is a dungeon. I love how much natural light yours has!

You picked some really nice colors. I love the yellow especially!

Is that a pottery barn swivel chair? I sooo want one! :001_wub:

The chair is actually an antique office chair...I picked it up on craigslist. I was drooling over the PB chairs when I found this one. :001_smile:

I'm totally glad we converted the living room....we don't have a basement, but I don't know that I'd use it if we did unless it was a daylight or walkout. I NEED sunshine to work. My moods are so affected by weather--'specially in the winter. Our schoolroom faces south with the big picture window, so I'm good to go.

A very happy place. And I love me some happy. :)

I just finished up our new schoolroom too. It's on the blog...

Thanks for sharing!

Gorgeous!!! I love everything about your room. I love your blog, too. Tonight when things slow down, I'm going to cozy up in bed with my iPad and read through your blog. :)

Thanks for all the compliments!

I'm a decorating nut. My upstairs is mostly Asian-style, but the daylight basement is more random.

Benjamin Moore colors:

Asbury Sand (yellowish color)

Persimmon (warm red'ish color)

I have another accent color on some other walls in the basement, but not pictured. It's Laura Ashley: Olive. The three colors look awesome together.

Life is too short for white walls. (I don't have a white wall in my house.) :)

The chair is actually an antique office chair...I picked it up on craigslist. I was drooling over the PB chairs when I found this one. :001_smile:

I'm totally glad we converted the living room....we don't have a basement, but I don't know that I'd use it if we did unless it was a daylight or walkout. I NEED sunshine to work. My moods are so affected by weather--'specially in the winter. Our schoolroom faces south with the big picture window, so I'm good to go.

Wow, you really lucked out!

Dh brings up finishing our basement from time to time. I don't think we'd ever get our money's worth out of it as it is pretty much totally underground. The only access is through a narrow addition (basically a landing & stairs) out the back door. I'd like to frame up about a 12 x 18' room down there for an exercise/TV area though. That I could use now that my kids are getting older. Good lighting for that small of a space would be affordable.

I hear you about moods & weather. I'm solar powered. The irony is that I'm a fair-skinned redhead. The sun has no love for me. :tongue_smilie:

Our living room has no windows, since we added on out the front where the windows were. Just this week I painted that room Kilz Basic Lime (not actually KIlz though. I took the chip in and had it custom mixed in Valspar). My mom stopped by earlier and didn't seem to know what to say. :D

The pics below shows the color most accurately. It's actually a touch darker & the flash makes it look like cheap flat paint (It wasn't). That's a 9' wall by the way! I got to paint the ceiling (twice!) too.:svengo:My neck still hurts. :glare:

Edited by darlasowders

Gorgeous!!! I love everything about your room. I love your blog, too. Tonight when things slow down, I'm going to cozy up in bed with my iPad and read through your blog. :)

*snort* It won't take you long....just started it, so there's not a whole lot there yet! Thankfully I've been blogging about other stuff for years, so it doesn't take too long to get one up and running. I should get paid for this, I tell ya.:D

Thanks for all the compliments!

I'm a decorating nut. My upstairs is mostly Asian-style, but the daylight basement is more random.

Benjamin Moore colors:

Asbury Sand (yellowish color)

Persimmon (warm red'ish color)

I have another accent color on some other walls in the basement, but not pictured. It's Laura Ashley: Olive. The three colors look awesome together.

Life is too short for white walls. (I don't have a white wall in my house.) :)

Thanks! I couldn't pick a color to save my life. Just too much to choose from puts me into a tizzy, but I love this combo, and I love that persimmon color.

Putting it on my list to try...

Our living room has no windows, since we added on out the front where the windows were. Just this week I painted that room Kilz Basic Lime (not actually KIlz though. I took the chip in and had it custom mixed in Valspar). My mom stopped by earlier and didn't seem to know what to say. :D

The pics below shows the color most accurately. It's actually a touch darker & the flash makes it look like cheap flat paint (It wasn't). That's a 9' wall by the way! I got to paint the ceiling (twice!) too.:svengo:My neck still hurts. :glare:

I love that color! (obviously) I've had similar comments, er, non-comments about my wall color for the schoolroom. But it makes me happy, even though it doesn't go with the rest of my house AT ALL. I'm more a cottage/beachy gal, but I'm also drawn to happy colors. Funny to talk about decorating on a homeschool forum (and blog) as I have a different bog for interior design :D I suppose they'll inevitably overlap....

I love that color! (obviously) I've had similar comments, er, non-comments about my wall color for the schoolroom. But it makes me happy, even though it doesn't go with the rest of my house AT ALL. I'm more a cottage/beachy gal, but I'm also drawn to happy colors. Funny to talk about decorating on a homeschool forum (and blog) as I have a different bog for interior design :D I suppose they'll inevitably overlap....

That green brings life into the room! I like it. Great ideas on the scrapbooking binders and painting your boxes. Nicely done :)

You have such a nice big space, and it's very cute and organized -- and your girls look so happy in it. I love your carpet, by the way. Can you come help me? :)

How'd you mount things on the wall? Are they all either laminated or framed?