Menu

Minnesota!!

We are homeschooling. Well the oldest just started taking his classes at LSC since we now have residency. So how many of you will be heading to MACHE this spring? I am really glad it is here this year because I don't have to drive for it although I have a list a mile long of things I need to get in the cities. Since we only take short day trips there I only get a few of them done at a time.

Melissa

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All Fellow Minnesotans,

We've been here (transplants from CA) 7 yrs. Each winter is gettin' a bit harder for me! I am ready for spring but will take the warmer wintry mix -- just to be able to get outside and enjoy would be good enough for me.

Momto5, it looks as though we are the only ones from the Cities? Great to meet all of you and nice to know someone else in the TC area enjoys the WTM forums :)

Dh and I are not attending MACHE this year (nor last year) b/c of the $ output and nowhere for our dc to go. Hopefully, MACHE is planning to hold it in St.Paul next year (sorry, Stirsmommy and South MNs!)

See you around the boards! Happy schoolin' w/your littles!

Cheryl

• 10 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

We are living "up north"-about 1/2 hour south of Mille Lacs Lake. We own a dog training/boarding kennel and so are kept busy with all the canines and homeschooling our 9yo ds. This was our first year homeschooling and we regret not making this decision a lot earlier!! Both hubby and I operate the dog business so we are both available to teach and it was just a TON of fun! It was so exciting when ds would learn something new and just had to step out the door to tell Dad about his learning experience!

Glad I found this site it is so informative!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We are in So. East MN... This is our 2nd year homeschooling... first year really delving into classical education. Funny thing I figured out after just reading WTM that every curriculum I chose fits into the classical framework! I didn't even know that's what I was doing! Hoping to learn and share lots!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Anyone else here in Lakeville or the southern suburbs? Would love to connect with some other homeschooling mamas! :) Thinking that homeschooling is the best option for our 4 year old based on his personality, not to mention how much I dislike the public schools, but of course I am questioning myself. This is such a difficult decision! Also hoping to help him make some friends in the area. Anyone else have kiddos who love sports? Curious how this works if we decide to homeschool.

Melanie

Anyone else here in Lakeville or the southern suburbs? Would love to connect with some other homeschooling mamas! :) Thinking that homeschooling is the best option for our 4 year old based on his personality' date=' not to mention how much I dislike the public schools, but of course I am questioning myself. This is such a difficult decision! Also hoping to help him make some friends in the area. Anyone else have kiddos who love sports? Curious how this works if we decide to homeschool.

Melanie[/quote']

I suggest you join the Echo Yahoo group. :) http://www.echo-mn.org/yahoo/index.html

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...