Menu

Miley Cyrus.... another disappointment

Just saw the new I Can't Be Tamed Video online. She looks like another Britney Spears. It's very sad and she's only 17 years old. I'm so disappointed in her dad too. Dd and I used to love watching Doc because it was such a clean show with a great message.

Just saw the new I Can't Be Tamed Video online. She looks like another Britney Spears. It's very sad and she's only 17 years old. I'm so disappointed in her dad too. Dd and I used to love watching Doc because it was such a clean show with a great message.

There's also a video out there from a Hollywood- type party where Miley is rubbing her backside up against a 40+ yr old producer while dancing. She definitely does not live up to the image she & her family have tried to project.

I do think it would be really hard to maintain your integrity while living the "Hollywood" life. What is considered normal in Hollywood is way off the deep end, in my opinion. Sexualized pre-teens, teens as sex symbols, lying is OK if you're "playing the game." It's normal to have many sexual partners, normal to get pregnant out of wedlock, normal to have affairs. How do you behave with integrity when no one else in your circle of "friends" cares?

I know - when Hannah Montana first started, I was so hopeful that finally we'd have a young star with solid parents, who was raised with good values.

Evidently, not so much. And her younger sister is gaining all of her experiences at a younger age. :( I don't understand how, if you were a parent to a young star like that, you wouldn't put the brakes on EVERYTHING when you see this stuff, let alone consent to it ahead of time. I mean, they've literally sold their child to an industry.

Edited by SproutMamaK

So glad that I banned this individual from our home as soon as I learned she existed. She always creeped me out; this latest phase for her may well have been predictable.

:iagree: Well, we don't have cable, so I didn't really have to ban her, but I certainly think this latest development is entirely predictable, and I'd've been much more shocked (although pleasantly so) if she maintained her integrity through her late teen years.

The hard thing for me is explaining to my dd exactly what is inappropriate about her. What does "sexualized" mean, mom? :001_huh: She doesn't know anything about sex yet, and doesn't even truly understand the boy/girl attraction thing, so it's very hard to tell her why I don't like Miley and her behavior. Secret Keeper Girl website has been helpful in this.

I have never paid much attention to the teeny boppers so I had to google this video. OH MY! It is very reminicent of Brittany Spears. I think it is sad the over sexualization of minors in the entertainment industry. It is the quickest way to make me NOT interested in a performer, movie, etc.

From the start I thought she looked like a sexpot in the making -- that it was just a matter of time.

I've totally kept her away from my boys.

When a Kinder teacher was talking about her in perfectly fine terms it was just yet another red flag for me before I pulled them. (Not the main one of course.)

Wendy

There's also a video out there from a Hollywood- type party where Miley is rubbing her backside up against a 40+ yr old producer while dancing. She definitely does not live up to the image she & her family have tried to project.

I do think it would be really hard to maintain your integrity while living the "Hollywood" life. What is considered normal in Hollywood is way off the deep end, in my opinion. Sexualized pre-teens, teens as sex symbols, lying is OK if you're "playing the game." It's normal to have many sexual partners, normal to get pregnant out of wedlock, normal to have affairs. How do you behave with integrity when no one else in your circle of "friends" cares?

:iagree:It is sad, but I don't think most 17-year olds would think there was anything wrong with the video.

Ya that is the problem. They start out cute and innocent, then the fame gets to them.:glare: They all start acting the same eventually. Its sad! That is why we do not allow the kids to get into them, even when the are still good. Its really sad.

The minute she posted herself only with sheet in Vogue magazine, was the day I knew my dd will never watch her. And her Dad was there. What a putz. Her favorite show at 14 was Sex in the City. What does that tell you?

...she was saying something like "well, when I was 12 it was OK for people to tell me what to do, but now I'm 17, and I can make all of my own decisions." She also stated that she didn't "get" what the big deal about the Vogue pictures was...that she was surprised/disappointed that people saw those as "dirty pictures".

I don't remember the exact words but the above is pretty close - the net effect was that it was extremely obvious that she had this vastly inflated sense of herself as a full adult....1t 17.

Give her another five years. She'll be just another has-been. Sorry, but when you play indistinguishable, that's what you end up.

Glad we don't have cable, too.

:iagree:It is sad, but I don't think most 17-year olds would think there was anything wrong with the video.

Actually, they do. My kids friends (mostly public schooled) are absolutely disgusted by the video. They can't believe that she is behaving the way she is. I am :001_smile: that so many teen girls can see how wrong it is.