Menu

So if you were the crazy lady in "Misery"...

Who would your author be?

Okay I know that was a creepy way to put it haha. Or, for those of you going "huh?" because you don't read Stephen King :P If you had one favorite author at your beck and call and could get them to churn out your favorite books for you, because you just can't get enough of them or wanted to see a sequel or whatever, who would the author be, and which books would they be?

Me, I'd love to have Diana Gabaldon writing Outlander books for me one after another so I could get my Jamie fix :D (Anyone else love those books as much as I do)?

So, what about you guys?

Well, mine used to be Stephen King himself but he is currently so many books ahead of me and is hogging a lot of shelf space that he could stop writing now and not break my heart at all. I don't read much other fiction so it would be hard to pick another author. I miss Harry but I don't know if something else by J.K. would be quite the same. :confused:

Oh I agree with Charlaine Harris, and the Twilight books, too! And also the J.R. Ward Black Dagger Brotherhood books. Yum. You guys would like those if you like vampire books. Those and Laurel K. Hamilton books!

Soooo no other Jamie, er, I mean, Diana Gabaldon fans here huh?

Oh I agree with Charlaine Harris, and the Twilight books, too! And also the J.R. Ward Black Dagger Brotherhood books. Yum. You guys would like those if you like vampire books. Those and Laurel K. Hamilton books!

Soooo no other Jamie, er, I mean, Diana Gabaldon fans here huh?

I think I love you! Circus of the ****ed, LOVE that book and the rest, but that was my first and *muah* a fave. And the cellies-JR's fans (what they call themselves) -would beat you all off with machetes, so that might be dangerous.

Edited by justamouse

I'd go after George R.R. Martin. Dang guy has had his fans hanging out for years, waiting for a book that was supposedly already written when the last one came out but nooooo, it keeps being pushed back and now it may NEVER come out at all and... aahhhhhhh!! :glare:

Did you read Gaiman's post to all of the people freaking out about Martin's pushing his deadlines back? Brilliant. But Gaiman is pretty brilliant.

*adds Gaiman to list*

For me it would be a tie and really both authors keep me pretty busy reading their books. I usually only have a couple of months a year where I don't get to read a new book from one or the other.

Christine Feehan and Sherrilyn Kenyon

:001_smile:

Sherrilyn Kenyon has written a novel for a new series Chronicles of Nick that I am delighted to see. Her mythology and world building is interesting to me so I hope her series for YA is as good as her Darkhunters series. So to answer the question it would be Sherrilyn Kenyon, Stephen King and if we could bring back those who have gone to their reward, Walker Percy who wrote many novels, my favorite, The Moviegoer and John Kennedy Toole, author of A Confederacy of Dunces. The thought of never knowing how Ignatius Reilly's life worked out really bothers me. As far as Stephen goes I am working my way through The Dark Tower Series and loving every minute of it. I forgot to mention my favorite poet,there never has been nor will there ever be anyone more brilliant than Dylan Thomas. Unspeakably beautiful and undeniably tragic. Love, love, love Dylan Thomas.

Edited by elizabeth
forgot one more...

I think I love you! Circus of the ****ed, LOVE that book and the rest, but that was my first and *muah* a fave. And the cellies-JR's fans (what they call themselves) -would beat you all off with machetes, so that might be dangerous.

LOL I am always accepting love! hehe. JR Ward has another coming out pretty soon, doesn't she?? I hate waiting so long in between good books! Sigh.

Guest Cindie2dds
LOL Cindie! I knew I liked you, too! I'll forgive you your threesome since mine turned into a whole entire group affair haha. (But seriously: Yay another Diana Gabaldon fan!) :D

:svengo::svengo::svengo:

;)

Mary Kay Andrews. Not my favorite author but definitely a cool author to capture. She could take me on a tour of Savannah. Take me to her home on Tybee Island. Go "junking" with me. Make me her famous southern Chicken Salad. And she seems like a lot of fun. :)

Alice Hoffman and Umberto Eco - it is likely that it may be impossible to produce another book so satisfying as Foucault's Pendulum though.

But, really I think I'd like to keep them around just to listen to them, as much as to have them write new books just for me.