Menu

The Weirdest Fact About You

I also have psycho dreams. I mean really, really, really psycho.

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: I'm so sorry. It sucks doesn't it?? I have nightmares all. the.time. I had one just 2 nights ago and I was screaming in my sleep and my husband was downstairs at the time and he said he got chills all over when he heard my screaming. He was afraid to go upstairs and check on me for fear of what he would find. hehehe He told me he half expected me to be levitating above the bed or something. :lol::lol: The good thing is that I usually don't remember my dreams fortunately. The ones I do remember are awful though. shudder.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: I'm so sorry. It sucks doesn't it?? I have nightmares all. the.time. I had one just 2 nights ago and I was screaming in my sleep and my husband was downstairs at the time and he said he got chills all over when he heard my screaming. He was afraid to go upstairs and check on me for fear of what he would find. hehehe He told me he half expected me to be levitating above the bed or something. :lol::lol: The good thing is that I usually don't remember my dreams fortunately. The ones I do remember are awful though. shudder.

Honestly, I really enjoy my dreams even the ones that scare me. They are so vivid, colorful and action packed. In college I preferred to sleep than be awake because my dreams were always better than real life. Ok, there may have been some depression in there too but the dreams were awesome.

I'll admit I do not like the ones where my kids die. Those tear my heart out. I often wake up crying from those. I guess there are the ones where I'm on an out of control swing too that make me sick to my stomach all day.

Honestly, I really enjoy my dreams even the ones that scare me. They are so vivid, colorful and action packed. In college I preferred to sleep than be awake because my dreams were always better than real life. Ok, there may have been some depression in there too but the dreams were awesome.

I'll admit I do not like the ones where my kids die. Those tear my heart out. I often wake up crying from those. I guess there are the ones where I'm on an out of control swing too that make me sick to my stomach all day.

I know what you mean. They are so vivid and ordinary life can be so dull. The good ones are really good, but the bad ones..... shudder. The memory of them can hang on me like a shadow for days after giving me the creeps. :( I have had at least 4 or 5 dreams lately about Steve Perry. lol The lead singer in Journey. But in my dreams, the time is back in their hey day and I am in the band playing. lol I think Steve Perry has such a beautiful voice so it's awesome to be there (in my dreams) getting to hear him sing in person and getting to play along with them. Those dreams are cool. :)

I know what you mean. They are so vivid and ordinary life can be so dull. The good ones are really good, but the bad ones..... shudder. The memory of them can hang on me like a shadow for days after giving me the creeps. :( I have had at least 4 or 5 dreams lately about Steve Perry. lol The lead singer in Journey. But in my dreams, the time is back in their hey day and I am in the band playing. lol I think Steve Perry has such a beautiful voice so it's awesome to be there (in my dreams) getting to hear him sing in person and getting to play along with them. Those dreams are cool. :)

OK, another little known fact about me, my boyfriend in Highschool for 2 1/2 years was named Jason, and my husband is named Jason. Totally different people, don't look the same, act the same, NOTHING! So, I have these reoccurring weird dreams that I'm going through life, la tee dah, and all of the sudden I realize, I'M WITH THE WRONG JASON!:lol: And then he tries his best to convince me he's the "right" Jason, and that these are his kids, and I always wake up kind of laughing and confused. I'll say, to dh, "dreamed about the wrong Jason again," he'll laugh and say, "As long as you wake up to the right one!":D The first Jason was a nice guy, we were just high school sweet hearts. I went off to college so we broke up, end of story. They're not bad dreams, just weird.

And Ibbygirl, it IS good to be a daughter of the King, isn't it. :001_smile:

I jumped out of a perfectly good airplane. 5 times.

When I told my daughter this, she said, "Mom, why would you want to jump out of an airplane?" (She is very wise for her age and very cautious, she has learned from the mistakes of others since she was 4!)

I tried to remember all the reasons, thinking to myself, "Well, all my friend were doing it. It seemed like fun."

I told her, "You're right, why would I want to, well, it seemed like a good idea at the time, and I was young." (I was 18 or 19.)

OK, another little known fact about me, my boyfriend in Highschool for 2 1/2 years was named Jason, and my husband is named Jason. Totally different people, don't look the same, act the same, NOTHING! So, I have these reoccurring weird dreams that I'm going through life, la tee dah, and all of the sudden I realize, I'M WITH THE WRONG JASON!:lol: And then he tries his best to convince me he's the "right" Jason, and that these are his kids, and I always wake up kind of laughing and confused. I'll say, to dh, "dreamed about the wrong Jason again," he'll laugh and say, "As long as you wake up to the right one!":D The first Jason was a nice guy, we were just high school sweet hearts. I went off to college so we broke up, end of story. They're not bad dreams, just weird.

LOL As long as you wake up with the right one. That's funny. :)

And Ibbygirl, it IS good to be a daughter of the King, isn't it. :001_smile:

Absolutely!! :iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree:

wound up being a Playgirl centerfold and Chippendale dancer. I went to HS with him too, but we didn't go out until after. He was truly gorgeous, but a really sweet guy too.

Sadly, I don't think his life went well; he passed away this past November and things were really secretive with his funeral and service. It was very sad...

I knew my grandmother died before anyone told me. I was in my 7th grade history class and knew something was wrong with her. I started crying and my teacher sent me to the office. They told me I had probably just dozed off and had a bad dream. While I was there, my dad walked in and when he saw me we both started crying. It was absolutely the weirdest thing that ever happened to me.

I had a similar thing happen in 1998. My dh and I were scheduled to go away for a long weekend with friends, and although my mil had come to live with us temporarily we all agreed that dh and I would not change our plans and would still go on our trip. (My mil had lived alone in another state for years prior to coming to Oregon to be closer to us so it seemed okay to everyone.)

As we were preparing to go on our trip I had the strangest feeling about leaving my mil, but everything was set in motion and it was as though it could not be stopped. We said goodbye and I knew -- I just knew -- that we would never see her again, and I think she knew too. It was unspoken, but very real.

When we returned from our trip, I knew she was dead. The lights were not on, and the dog was outside. She had passed away on the kitchen floor that morning.

I have a strong sense of discernment that has come and gone over the years. This was one of the strongest occurrences I've ever experienced.

Blessings,

Lucinda

Edited by HSMom2One

Wow, compared to most of you, I'm quite boring. :)

Well, ok, I do have a few...

My bio mom's mom and my stepmother's dad were leaders of a cult. My stepmom's dad died, and all of the members believed he would be raised from the dead. There was an article written about it in Time magazine. I was raised in the cult, and my mom, dad, (future) stepmom, and most of my extended family on all sides belonged as well.

Ok, I guess that's pretty weird. :D

Oh, and I have only one kidney. My sister has my other one. :)

I grew up in a cult too, although probably different than yours. I don't have any contact with my family anymore. They try and contact me, but I do my best to ignore it. It's been hard this week because my dad was killed in a tragic semi accident on Saturday and they all think I should come. So, I am getting lots of calls.

When I met my dh I was working full time. I kept a mug in the office for my morning coffee - white with a green grid pattern. My dh was a grad student and the first time I went to his apartment I discovered he had the exact same mug - same design, manufacturer, everything. We were both living in Los Angeles, 30 miles apart. There must have been 1,000 different mugs in the stores of LA, but we chose the exact same one. Weird!

We have been married 25 years and still have the mugs.

My policeman uncle was found beheaded in the trunk of a car--the Mob at work.

I don't play Mafia Wars on FB.

Most of the time, I can say what time it is to the minute. Daylight savings screws up this ability! My first guess is usually right--and it's always a guess, not something I think about.

Other than that, I'm quite boring.

Oh--I can "shake" my eyeballs back and forth.

I'm suppose I am my own step-first cousin.

My dad is my uncle and my uncle is my stepdad. To make it even more... 'fun'... my dad/uncle and uncle/stepdad are identical twins. :blink:

this sounds verrry

Jerry Springerish

When my grandmother died my grandfather married her sister so it was a big joke my dads brother was his cousin LOL

Edited by clarkacademy

When I was pregnant with my second child (many years ago) the signals in my brain for "I'm about to sneeze" and "I'm about to throw up" got tangled up somehow. This means I can never tell which is about to happen, but I know that one of the two is coming! I often run to the bathroom to sneeze. :lol:

Sweet! I have tons of family history if you're ever interested. :D

I am your long-lost cousin :tongue_smilie:through my mother's mother's (Lee) family! Any history you have, I would love to see. I'm just beginning to dig into our ancestry and am in some danger of becoming obsessed with the project.

A similar odd thing happened to me - on my honeymoon with (now)xh, I woke up in the middle of the night just knowing that there was something terribly wrong with his mom. He must have had some premonition, too, because he felt the need to call her as soon as we could the next day (we were in Europe - waited for morning here.) We found out she had been diagnosed with stomach cancer the day before, and the doctor measured her remaining time in weeks. This was at the beginning of October and she died before Thanksgiving.

ETA: It was disturbing to have this happen with MIL. That must have been pretty frightening to know that about your dh. :grouphug:

It is an awful feeling isnt it?? I was only 21 when this happened and even though I wrapped my arms around him and held him tighter than ever....the next morning I convinced myself it was just a dream....if I would have only listened to that feeling/smell and made more of those precious days/hours/minutes......:crying: If I would have only kissed him a few more million times, said I love you a million more times... I think he must have had a "feeling"--because the next morning when we got up he said that he wanted to watch the video of our wedding.I never told him about it--I didn't know how.....now I wish I would have.I have dreamt numerous times--the same dream--where he is telling me that everything is fine and that he does not blame me for not telling him and he hugs me and it FEELS SO REAL!!! In these dreams I am screaming over and over and over that I knew he was going to die and he just smiles......and hugs me and tells me to be happy.I have not had these dreams for a few years but there was a period of my life that it was constant. Wow--now I feel drained. This happened a little over 20 years ago and.......Thanks for the hug! :grouphug: It does feel good to get it out!

I'm doing something right now that my dh finds very weird. I'm eating peanut butter with syrup. Yummy

My mom used to do that, except she would also put grape jelly in it. Peanut butter, jelly, and syrup... all mixed together in a bowl... it might have been my favorite lunch. :)

I think the weirdest thing I eat now would be mayo on my french fries (I think it's pretty common, though). Oh, and I also like to put mayo and potato chips on my sloppy joe sandwiches. My kids think that's pretty weird. :tongue_smilie:

I think the weirdest thing I eat now would be mayo on my french fries (I think it's pretty common, though). Oh, and I also like to put mayo and potato chips on my sloppy joe sandwiches. My kids think that's pretty weird. :tongue_smilie:

In South American countries, a packet of mayo is included in every bag of Lay's:001_smile:

We arrived in a country where we were supporting nationals who were build orphanages as well as other projects/ feeding-programs etc. We had just arrived at the airport which was dismal and had numerous armed guards with machine guns. My dh and the head of the organization had to step away to complete all the paperwork, so he handed me a briefcase containing over 20K and told me to watch it for him. Needless to say, it was difficult to keep my composure.

Edited by SusanAR

I'm suppose I am my own step-first cousin.

My dad is my uncle and my uncle is my stepdad. To make it even more... 'fun'... my dad/uncle and uncle/stepdad are identical twins. :blink:

My cousin's bio-father is her uncle, while her uncle is her step-father. My maternal grandfather is really my bio-father and my mom is really my sister. Very weird, but cult families are like that. :glare:

I grew up eating gravy and ketchup on my fries. Yummy!!! My kids like to put ketchup on their mac'n'cheese, I have never figured that one out.

I am your long-lost cousin :tongue_smilie:through my mother's mother's (Lee) family! Any history you have, I would love to see. I'm just beginning to dig into our ancestry and am in some danger of becoming obsessed with the project.

I would love to share. I lost my grandfather 2 yrs ago. He was the one who did all the family stuff. E-mail me.

• 2 weeks later...
:lol: Here goes: My grandparents were 2nd cousins (my GF's dad and my GM's mom were 1st cousins) and they met at the funeral of a mutual relative in Canada. No -- I cannot fathom how that happened. I don't know if they were gazing at each other over the corpse and felt sparks or what. According to my family tree software, that makes my mom her own 3rd cousin and all of the grandchildren are their own 4th cousins. The super-creepy thing about all this? It is rumored that my great-grandmother's family moved to Canada from Maine when she was a young teen because she and my great-grandfather were developing more than a cousinly interest in each other. It's weird that their children ended up getting married!

I'd like it noted that I don't talk to myself -- I talk to my inner-cousin ;)

My grandmother and grandfather were first cousins but I have never even tried to figure out exactly what effect that would have on me and that is just the beginning. Trying to get a big picture of my and my hubby's family tree would likely cause my head to explode.

I was a member of THE premier handbell choir of the USA, possibly the world, in the 1980's. We travelled the US, England and Canada, made albums (remember vinyl? :lol:), were on TV and radio. We once played with Dave Brubeck.

Wow, you are like the only other person I know who is big in the handbell world besides my dad. He has been playing since the 80s and touring all over the US and Europe...I wonder if you two have ever crossed paths???

Hmm. Well it's not about me, but the only thing I can think of is that my dad won a gold medal in the 1968 Olympics.

One more thing, just to include something that is actually about me. I was the youngest child, and often went to Grandma's rather than on family trips. My parents were also pretty awful about actually telling us that stuff was going to happen. I think they assumed that the info would trickle down to me, but it didn't. Anyway, I noticed everyone packing and heard "Australia" and assumed that they would all leave me behind again. So I got all dressed including my warmest coat (since I did know about Austria from "Heidi" but had never heard about Australia) and my snoopy doll that was the same size as me, and sat right in front of the door all night. I figured that way they could not forget me! It turns out they were planning on bringing me all along, but how cute must I have looked sleeping there at the threshold?

Julie

This is a hilarious thread.

Ok mine is just plain odd. Apparently I have a very grab-able behind. I know it sounds weird, but I have had my behind grabbed by a professional hockey player at a fan event, and another pro hockey player in a trading card store. When my high school went to Disneyland for grad night you could have your picture taken with the character of your choice. I chose Tigger and just as the picture was taken he grabbed my rear. You should see my face in that picture! I was in the receiving line for two siblling wedding and was the recipient of repeated bottom squeezes by strangers. When my FIL re-married and we were meeting the new extended family I had my tush grabbed by my new step-BIL within moments of meeting him. While on my honeymoon in Mexico, I had my bottom grabbed by a toothless, old man who spoke no english. I only count actual grabs, not brushes. Just last year when we moved to a new church the congregation was having a "linger longer" after the service and I was being introduced to everyone and I met a man who had gone to school with my dad. As I left he smacked me on the hiney, not a little pat either. Last week at the grocery store, I was leaning into the dairy case for the carton of milk in the back when a felt a hand on my tush. I thought it was Dh, so I didn't protest. You can imagine my surprise, when I straightened up and looked over my shoulder at a total stranger.

I don't know what it is. I am a short, round mother of four.

Amber in SJ

In high school my first job was at a Kids R Us in Evansville, IN. I dressed up in a Pound Puppy costume for the grand opening. I had a blast, except when the kids would pull my tail and step on my paws!

Also, I can do a fair job of mimicking voices. Some British, Irish, the 88 year old lady from New York I met during my internship, John Wayne, the elderly Chow dog that used to live next to my parents (he had this weird bark that sounded like the "Oy! Oy!" of an old man)...there are apparently many people in here. My classmates and coworkers are only now just beginning to hear some of these voices, as I am kinda quiet until you get to know me and I get comfortable in my craziness...:001_smile:

OMWord!!! I think I was there!! What year was it? I think I was about 9-10 and my baby brother was *terrified* of that dog!!!

I'm going to ask my mom, she's online right now!!!!

Kris