Menu

We are buying our first home!!!!

This is such an exciting day for us...after almost 15 years of marriage, we are about to buy our first home! Our contract was accepted this morning, and our closing date is Jan. 29th!!! It has been so obvious from the very start of this process (which only started one week ago today!!!!), that the Lord was fully guiding every step of the way. We put out the word that we were thinking about seeing a realtor, and then the same day a friend emailed us a listing in her area for an incredible house offered for an unbelievably low price, we went to see it, fell in love with it, had it inspected and found that absolutely no repairs were needed, called and got a preapproval for a loan, made an offer this morning, and a few hours later we got the call that it was accepted! The asking price for the house dropped $40,000 in the past 4 months, because the previous owner was about to enter foreclosure, and tax liens were accumulating on the house.

I cannot believe this... the house is only six years old, in a beautiful neighborhood on a cul-de-sac. It has a finished basement, 4 bedrooms, 2 and 1/2 baths, a deck, 1/2 acre land, central air, a garage... these are things I have never had in my entire life. I grew up in rented apartments, and have continued that since we've been married. I cannot believe the Lord's goodness and amazing provision for us. To not only have a house, but *this* house, just blows me away. My kids said this was the best day of their entire lives! :001_smile: We're going to take them to see the inside of the house tonight, since they've only seen the outside once so far.

Anyway, wanted to share our super-exciting news!! You've listened to enough of my sob stories over the years, and I wanted to share this wonderful thing that God has done for us!

How wonderful. CONGTRATULATIONS.

Before closing make sure all tax liabilites are paid off by prior owner.

Yes, that is very important!! Our realtor had it written into our contract that we are not responsible for any of those liabilities, and covered all of those bases. We'll be sure to stay on top of that!

Congratulations! I am so excited for you! That is just wonderful. We were preapproved for a loan last week and have just begun our search for a new home - we have been married 12 years and never owned so I really know your excitment. I hope ours goes as smoothly as yours! You have really encouraged me today :)

Update: Thank you so much everyone, for your support and for rejoicing with us!! It has been amazing how everything has been coming together! I do have a prayer request to share... yesterday our mortgage broker informed us that a $4000 fee that we thought would be covered by our loan, will not be... and not only that, it needs to be in our account ASAP before they will proceed with the loan. We don't have the money, so we likely will need to ask a family member to lend us the money, tonight. Would you please pray that this money would be provided, one way or another, as soon as possible?

Thank you!

Update: Thank you so much everyone, for your support and for rejoicing with us!! It has been amazing how everything has been coming together! I do have a prayer request to share... yesterday our mortgage broker informed us that a $4000 fee that we thought would be covered by our loan, will not be... and not only that, it needs to be in our account ASAP before they will proceed with the loan. We don't have the money, so we likely will need to ask a family member to lend us the money, tonight. Would you please pray that this money would be provided, one way or another, as soon as possible?

Thank you!

Praying that it works out!

Thank you!

I hope it works out! I'd be a little annoyed with your broker.