Menu

My sweet dog ate broken glass today...

I dropped a glass bowl of onion dip today. The bowl broke into a hundred teeny pieces. We scooped up what we could with a wad of paper towels, and when I turned around to wipe up the rest, my dog had eaten it.

I called the vet and he told me to feed her a bunch of bread, and that she might be ok. We'll see. Not a very merry Christmas after all. :crying:

To give you hope...

When our Boxer Mix was less than a year he pulled off the counter (while we were gone to work) a crock pot which was cooking a whole chicken. When we got home, we found no one shred of the chicken left. And the broken pieces off the glass lid were gone too. He lived to a ripe old age of 12.

Thank you all! I feel really silly because I'm so teary and upset. I'm not even a "dog person", or at least, haven't been until we got this one. She's just so sweet and well-mannered, especially for a 2yo.

Last week she broke her foot. The vet's x-ray showed one of her bones broken into several little pieces. She was healing amazingly fast, but now....the glass. :glare:

So far, she seems okay. It's been 13 hours.

Thank you all! I feel really silly because I'm so teary and upset. I'm not even a "dog person", or at least, haven't been until we got this one. She's just so sweet and well-mannered, especially for a 2yo.

Last week she broke her foot. The vet's x-ray showed one of her bones broken into several little pieces. She was healing amazingly fast, but now....the glass. :glare:

I hope she continues to be OK!!!

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:Poor doggy. Prayers for the two of you. I hope she's okay.

To give you hope...

When our Boxer Mix was less than a year he pulled off the counter (while we were gone to work) a crock pot which was cooking a whole chicken. When we got home, we found no one shred of the chicken left. And the broken pieces off the glass lid were gone too. He lived to a ripe old age of 12.

My mom came home once to find that her huge black lab had ingested a huge section of the new red carpet she'd installed in the porch. It all made it's way out eventually and he never chewed carpet again.

Here's hoping your pup will be okay. I know what you mean--I never, ever was going to have a cat and then one day a little black ball of fluff appeared all alone in my back yard...

not to be upset when a dog eats glass

Thank you all! I feel really silly because I'm so teary and upset. I'm not even a "dog person.

I hope your baby is okay. Dogs seems to manage to eat amazing things, and I hope that yours will just come out fine. I'm sorry that it made your Christmas stressful. Let us know how she is.

Hi Dayle,

Thanks for asking! Amazingly enough, so far, so good! It's been more than 24 hours, and she seems ok. I'm supposed to be checking for blood when she "goes", but the kids keep putting her out as usual, and she "goes" without me. :001_huh:

((Julie))

I'm not an animal person, either, but I absolutely love our dog. That doesn't mean I don't want to choke him at times, lol, but it is disconcerting when they eat something *wrong*. (And I think that most do, at some point.)

Praying that she's out of danger! (It sounds encouraging.)