Menu

We usually go to the movies at Christmas. What's looking good?

You might want to rethink Sherlock Holmes--ds tells me they really play up the decadent side of him, with the drug use and women aspect.

Avatar should be amazing, however. I am going with the most enthusiastic, 20 year old film student in the world...seems that way, anyway! lol

It's been awhile since I've read all the Sherlock Holmes but I don't ever remember him being with any women. There was a woman who tricked him (Irene something?) but I don't remember any insinuation that he had been intimate with her.

I'll probably skip Sherlock Holmes if that's the case. I like him very true to the books.

I'm itching to see The Princess and the Frog. I know, it's romantic, a kids movie and probably more girl oriented, but it's my pick for our Christmas time movie!:D

Well, if this is coming out then that's what we will see. The kids have been waiting for it. Maybe hubby and I can sneak off to see Sherlock sometime.

All my boys and dh are going to see Sherlock Holmes. I hope there is not too much inappropriate stuff in there for my 11yo. My 23yo is a huge fan of the books (reads them over and over), so he will be disappointed if they are too far off.

My girls and I are going to see the Alvin and the Chipmunks Squeakquel. :001_smile:

My ds21 who is still in Japan, but should be on his way home this weekend, saw Blind Side and said it was a fantastic movie. We may try to see this one as well at some point over the holidays.

The Blind Side. It was an AWESOME movie. I'm not sure why it is rated PG-13....I thought it was very clean.

That is exactly what my 21yo ds told me. He wants me to take the kids to see it. He said he couldn't remember anything in the movie that would be inappropriate for them.

The Blind Side. It was an AWESOME movie. I'm not sure why it is rated PG-13....I thought it was very clean.

Perhaps because of these?

WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13 For one scene involving brief violence, drug and sexual references

also

PROFANITY At least 2 slang terms for sex ("tap"), 2 for breasts ("t*ts" and "t*tty"), 6 asses, 5 hells, 3 ****s, 1 crap, 1 S.O.B., and 1 use each of "Good Lord," "Mother of God" and "Oh my God."

We are Christmas movie-goers too. I just checked into Sherlock Holmes, and this is what they said:

Sherlock Holmes is rated PG-13: for intense sequences of violence and action, some startling images and a scene of suggestive material.

doesn't seem like there's too much sexual content. Here's the review on Parent Previews (full review won't come out until it's released). We might go for it, just because nothing else seems all that interesting to me, and this one looks really good!