Menu

Tennessee, anyone?

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TN for, gulp, only 6 more days after living here for over 8 yrs. :( I **LOVE** TN. It has been one of my absolute favorite places that we have lived. My oldest is staying here, so more of my heart is staying it TN than just a love for the state. His girl-friend's family has lived in the same house for more than 30 yrs!! (something tells me that my ds will be living within an X mi radius of that house!!) So, even though we are moving, I will be coming back quite a bit. :D

I live in small town about 30 minutes off I-24 -pretty much half-way between Nashville and Chattanooga. Whoever that was going to a VBS conference - you are welcome to stay with us but you would still have a 1 1/2 hour drive to Nashville from here!! In the past we have hosted homeschool families who were passing through! I mostly just read and learn from these boards so my name will probably show "just visiting" forever!

I live in small town about 30 minutes off I-24 -pretty much half-way between Nashville and Chattanooga. Whoever that was going to a VBS conference - you are welcome to stay with us but you would still have a 1 1/2 hour drive to Nashville from here!! In the past we have hosted homeschool families who were passing through! I mostly just read and learn from these boards so my name will probably show "just visiting" forever!

Karen, you're a sweetie! While I'd love a chance to meet any of y'all, I was just being silly. I'll actually have 2 other gals with me and we won't get out of the conference late at night and then up again early on Friday, so I would be an extremely rude houseguest! In and out with strangers accompanying me. :)

But I love Tennessee and I am really looking forward to going to this conference!!!

Karen, you're a sweetie! While I'd love a chance to meet any of y'all, I was just being silly. I'll actually have 2 other gals with me and we won't get out of the conference late at night and then up again early on Friday, so I would be an extremely rude houseguest! In and out with strangers accompanying me. :)

But I love Tennessee and I am really looking forward to going to this conference!!!

Well, Jenn, the family of 9 that we put up a few years ago were complete strangers when they got here but sure weren't by the time they left! And rude overnight guests are our favorites - we don't have to entertain them -- they just go on their merry way! But I do hope you enjoy your time in Nashville! I used to live there before I got bride-napped by my husband and spirited away to this small town!

Oh, and I'm still learning this posting thing so I'll be fascinated to see how "post quick reply" actually works. Next, I am going to learn how to put those cute little smiles into my posts -- although my favorite is the one that looks confused.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It is so nice to see all the Tennesseans on the message boards. I'm Laura from the Knoxville area. We are new to hsing...actually haven't started yet. I am researching curriculum to use with my almost 7 yo dd. She is currently in 1st in ps. I've found after making my decision to hs next year, it is very hard not to just yank her out today! :)

Looking forward to this journey...

Laura

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...