Menu

Tennessee, anyone?

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

I'm 1 1/2 south of Nashville. Lots of Middle TN folks here too. :D Although I'm closer to Huntsville, AL so I go there for most everything. We love going to Nashville but the traffic is horrendous and I don't know my way around.

The Hermitage had a homeschool day recently but we just couldn't afford to go...maybe next year.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mrshorn1975

Hi everyone!

I am from Collierville, TN (just outside of Memphis) but we are moving to Brentwood in May. We are new to homeschooling and would LOVE some advice/guidance for our journey.

Melissa

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jsneuser

We are in Harrison, between Cleveland and Chattanooga.

I've got a 15 year old niece that will be homeschooling with us, 7 and 4 yo DD's and a 1yo DS (aka handful).

• 5 weeks later...
Guest ThankfulHeart622

Hi! I'm new to this forum and I saw this thread so I thought I'd post.

We are in Middle TN about 1.5 hours East of Nashville. :seeya: This is our 8th year of homeschooling!

• 1 month later...

TN farmer!

About 1.5 hrs south west of Knoxville & about 1 hr north of Chattanooga.

We are a very small town. McDonald's & Subway & NO red lights.

Such a pitiful little town.:lol:

Anyone near by?

Homeschooling my dds 11yo & 12yo & dairy farming with my dh.

Blessings!:tongue_smilie:

Hi! Soddy Daisy, TN homeschooler here, just a little north of Chattanooga.

Hi, not far from you. Pikeville!

Do you have much hs support in Soddy Daisy? Not much here. Met 1 mom that hs & that's about it.

We finally got a homeschool 4-H chapter started though! Yay!

• 1 month later...

New to homeschooling..planning to start with my 11 year old son for 2011-2012. Have met some lovely folks already at 2 rivers park and am looking for connections with similar aged kids. Still trying to get my curriculum plan together!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi all -

I am in Franklin - south end of town.

Since I only have one left at home, I am doing more and more tutoring this year - math is my main subject. Elementary (with lots of hands-on) thru high school specializing in Algebra. Coached MathCounts for several years in addition to teaching at the college level. Positive and patient. Feel free to contact me.:)

Susie

Edited by Susie-Knits
typo

• 1 month later...

Hello all! I would be very interested in getting together with those close to my location (Murfreesboro) for some fun park days, picnics, greenway walks...anything fun. My middle three dc are very social and would love to get to know some other homeschoolers but we aren't really into co-ops.

I'll note a few things about ourselves so anyone interested might better determine if you'd be interested in getting together.

We are Christian but don't attend a church right now and I teach secularly. We follow some WTM recommendations, but I would say we are pretty eclectic in our methods and choice of curricula. I try to customize our curricula to meet the learning styles and preferences to each of our dc.

Dd12 is very creative and artistic, is very interested in horses, baking and all things to do with the ocean. She is quirky and has a very silly sense of humor.

Dd8 is also creative and artistic and loves to pretend play, dress up, and do girly things. She is very sweet and empathetic, and surprisingly loud for such a little girl.:tongue_smilie:

Ds5 is trying desperately to get away from all things girl (4 sisters). He loves GI Joes, legos, toy guns, and Star Wars. He is a sweet little guy.

Dd13 is pretty laid back but prefers solitude and isn't the park\picnic type of gal. She is into video games and her music (plays piano), horses and rpg.

Then ofcoarse there is the 2yo (soon to be 3). She's into whatever everyone else is doing...she's not picky.:D

Anyway, if your interested in getting together and hanging out pm me!

Hello all! I would be very interested in getting together with those close to my location (Murfreesboro) for some fun park days, picnics, greenway walks...anything fun. My middle three dc are very social and would love to get to know some other homeschoolers but we aren't really into co-ops.

I'll note a few things about ourselves so anyone interested might better determine if you'd be interested in getting together.

We are Christian but don't attend a church right now and I teach secularly. We follow some WTM recommendations, but I would say we are pretty eclectic in our methods and choice of curricula. I try to customize our curricula to meet the learning styles and preferences to each of our dc.

Dd12 is very creative and artistic, is very interested in horses, baking and all things to do with the ocean. She is quirky and has a very silly sense of humor.

Dd8 is also creative and artistic and loves to pretend play, dress up, and do girly things. She is very sweet and empathetic, and surprisingly loud for such a little girl.:tongue_smilie:

Ds5 is trying desperately to get away from all things girl (4 sisters). He loves GI Joes, legos, toy guns, and Star Wars. He is a sweet little guy.

Dd13 is pretty laid back but prefers solitude and isn't the park\picnic type of gal. She is into video games and her music (plays piano), horses and rpg.

Then ofcoarse there is the 2yo (soon to be 3). She's into whatever everyone else is doing...she's not picky.:D

Anyway, if your interested in getting together and hanging out pm me!

Gosh, it's a pity we're not closer to you - our 8 yos sound like two peas in a pod!

• 4 months later...

Hi. We are moving back to the Knoxville area this week. We are looking for a teen group, or to get one started, for kids 11 and up. Mainly we are looking for families that get together just to have fun. We are Christian, but are looking for an eclectic mix of people. They enjoy hanging out with girls and boys, so that doesn't matter.

My dd 15 is in to manga, writing, books and drawing.

My twin dds are 11 and like video games and playing outside.

I like photography, scrap booking, art, gardening and anything crafty. I am also thinking about teaching art.

Now that this has started to sound like a personal ad..lol. Anyone in our area?

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We are considering a possible move to the Sneedville, TN area from a large city in Florida. What would be the closest town that offers homeschool activities and co-ops? Will we be completely isolated in that area? Would we be able to find any other homeschool friends somewhat nearby?

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
Guest rileynjadensmom

Bumping this thread- a homegrown TN girl here! I've lived all over TN and have been back in my hometown for 10 years now. I'm in Crossville- right between Knoxville and Nashville and straight north of Chatt!  :thumbup1:

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Any West TN folks- This is an inclusive/eclectic group, and is a free event.

Save the Date!!!!!

Menagerie of HOMeschoolers mini-conference will be July 12, 2014. This is our annual kick-off mini-conference for HOMe, all are welcome, including those curious or new new to homeschooling. Funshops (not workshops) will be offered for seasoned and new homeschoolers, so we hope you will be able to attend.

Date: July 12, 12pm-4pm
Where: Neshoba Church
7350 Raleigh-Lagrange Rd
Cordova, TN 38018
Funshops: TBA