Menu

Best birthday present ever on an otherwise crappy day (JAWM whine)

Halftime Hope

The good: Catcalls this morning as I walked into my workplace. (First time in, oh, about 30 years. I did look really nice, and losing 35 pounds is paying off, apparently.)

The bad:  two family members completely forgetting my birthday, and the one who should care the most not even trying.  Not to mention, my dad didn't even remember my birthday, and my mom is gone.

So, wanna join the pity party tonight?  What's your beef?  (The pity party will only last an hour or so, so make it a good one!  :001_rolleyes: )

:party:  Just adding a Happy (Belated) Birthday since I just saw this.

There's no particular reason for the party (online) to end, right?  ;)

And rewards are super important when one copes with bad things.  You seem to have coped well with family forgetting your birthday, so what are your "reward yourself" plans?  A meal out?  A movie out?  A short trip?  Someone else doing the dishes/housework? Buying yourself a gift?  I can think of multiple options...

• Like 2

There's no particular reason for the party (online) to end, right?   ;)

And rewards are super important when one copes with bad things.  You seem to have coped well with family forgetting your birthday, so what are your "reward yourself" plans?  A meal out?  A movie out?  A short trip?  Someone else doing the dishes/housework? Buying yourself a gift?  I can think of multiple options...

Yes, this.

I hope you'll celebrate your life with some fun or a Happy Birthday to me gift.

My oldest 'skipped' Mother's Day and my birthday (8 days apart) this year. Sigh...some years are better than others...

• Like 2

There's no particular reason for the party (online) to end, right?   ;)

Nope, I just didn't want the pity party to carry on.  ;-)   Gift to myself -- yep.  I'll see if I can link a photo.  (It's a bit more frou-frou than I normally choose, but I'm a sucker for pretty glass.  I never, ever bake cakes--none of us are cake lovers--or I'd have vintage cakes stands and other colored glass pieces from the '20s through '50s as collectibles.)

• Like 2