Menu

Lunar Eclipse Report - what are you seeing?

Clear skies in Oregon! That is quite rare on a winter night. We have enjoyed watching this eclipse. We did not wake up our youngest last August for the 4:00 am eclipse, so this is her first. She keeps saying, "your first eclipse is always the best!". The shadow is slowly lifting now. Very cool!

I forgot about it until ten o'clock. I thought about letting it go, but I decided to wake the kids up so they could see it. I don't think I'll ever forget their expressions when I went in their rooms and said, "Hey, do you want to go see the moon?"

We missed the full eclipse, but it was still about 2/3. Still fun.

:) The kids even just saw a shooting star. Wow!

I believe we saw that shooting star too!!! My middle one said, "Hey mom did you see that shotting star?" The oldest missed it. It was a very cold (6 degrees) but clear night out here. We had to limit our time to a couple of minutes outside then 10-15 minutes inside before heading back out to check the progress.

In VA we have an amazing view. I thought it was going to be cloudy tonight, but NO! :) The kids even just saw a shooting star. Wow!

What are you seeing?

:) Cindy

We went up on a hill and watched it all together. Beautiful clear night. I took pictures of the whole thing (well, until it was fully covered... after that we had to head home and get people in bed.) Fun! The kids thought it was so cool.

I posted to another thread and mentioned that after several lovely days, the clouds were rolling in. Fortunately the skies cleared in the evening so we had great viewing here! I was somewhat disappointed, though. The lunar ecplise last year (summer, I think?) was much more stunning. That one occured in the dead of night, our time, so my boys missed it. They did enjoy this one, but it just seemed less spectacular to me than the last.

I was so excited about seeing the eclipse. I was going to get my butt out there and take pictures even though it was freezing cold yesterday. (Nasty, nasty wind!) Sadly, no moon in sight. We woke up this morning to freezing rain and a good cover of ice on the ground. The older kids have a 2 hour delay:(