Menu

Which Algebra program do you use?

Which Algebra program do you use?  

1. 1. Which Algebra program do you use?

http://www.ucopenaccess.org/

It's free. It has its flaws and occasional glitches and mistakes, but we're finding it very workable for my son. And, in fact, there are things I now understand after working through this with my son that neither my own school experience nor helping my daughter through algebra ever made click for me.

Dolciani!

BTW, I'm taking my DS#2 through her Pre-Algebra, An Accelerated Course book and we are both loving it. Well, HE would NOT say he is loving it but he is so understanding the material. Only 2 chapters left in the book before we switch over to NEM 1 or maybe we'll go into Dolciani's Algebra 1 book.

Carole

My senior used Lial's for Algebra I and II (Jacobs' for Geometry). She subsequently took College Algebra and Trigonometry at the local community college; the text for both classes there was Sullivan's PreCalculus. This year she taking AP Statistics through PA Homeschoolers using The Practice of Statistics by Yates, Moore and Starnes.

Regards,

Kareni

Oldest dd used Jacobs Algebra.

Middle dd started off with Jacobs Algebra and Kinetic Books Algebra combined, but switched to just KB halfway through, because it had better instruction and immediate feedback.

I like both programs, but think Kinetic Books is better. It's definitely more thorough, and the immediate feedback and stepped help are also very good.