Menu

Puppy name

Nam2001

My favorite girl-dog name at present that I doubt I will get to use (no plans for a dog in the next several years) is Jewel. This puppy looks like a shepherding type and that is the kind of dog I would be considering too. 

Good luck. I love dogs but don’t have time to give a dog proper attention. 

• Like 3

Is she a border collie? Are her eyes likely to stay blue? If so, I vote for Bluebell. Dd says, though, that she’s going to grow up to be stunning, so her name should reflect that by being something regal and perhaps mythological. Pondering… maybe Guinevere, Gwen for short? Lots of choices here: https://nameberry.com/list/325/mythological-baby-names-for-girls

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Katy said:

My kids have chimed in Princess Peach, Peaches, Biscuit (“when they get another they can call it Gravy!”), Bandit, or Sasha. 

Biscuit and Gravy! 😂. I love it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Innisfree said:

Is she a border collie? Are her eyes likely to stay blue? If so, I vote for Bluebell. Dd says, though, that she’s going to grow up to be stunning, so her name should reflect that by being something regal and perhaps mythological. Pondering… maybe Guinevere, Gwen for short? Lots of choices here: https://nameberry.com/list/325/mythological-baby-names-for-girls

She’s a mini-Aussie 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grace Hopper said:

Looks like a Sheila to me. So cute. Take your vitamins and keep running shoes handy, she looks like a breed that wants to be very active. Adorable!

Yeah I’m betting so! 

1 hour ago, ScoutTN said:

Oooh, I like Cookie. My first thought was Oreo, but it sounds like a boy name to me.

Does your oldest Dd still have a border collie? 

Hey there! Yes, we still have the border collie. But she will be moving out this summer with my oldest into an apartment. We are probably crazy for getting another breed with this much enthusiasm for life, but we do hear that this breed at least has an off switch. The border collie doesn’t have that. 🤣

definitely lots of exercise and agility classes! 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Nam2001 said:

Hey there! Yes, we still have the border collie. But she will be moving out this summer with my oldest into an apartment. We are probably crazy for getting another breed with this much enthusiasm for life, but we do hear that this breed at least has an off switch. The border collie doesn’t have that. 🤣

definitely lots of exercise and agility classes! 

Our dog is moving out with college girl next yr too. But Dh says no new dog. (Yet.😉)