Menu

August craft/ maker /sewing thread

Dearest @Melissa in Australia,

Sending you warm thoughts for diagnosis, a treatment plan and a quick recovery. Thank you for keeping the crafting spirit going from your hospital bed!

Today I finished stitching the short sleeved version of the Negroni (a Colette pattern) for the dear progeny.  I'll mail it tomorrow with one of my embroidered throw pillows.

I feel like I haven't knitted in an age since I couldn't settle on a project.  But these hands just need to knit so I started a colorwork hat.  I usually like to have an intended recipient and for this I do not.  We'll see where the yarn wants to go!

Negroni short sleeve.jpg

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jane in NC said:

Dearest @Melissa in Australia,

Sending you warm thoughts for diagnosis, a treatment plan and a quick recovery. Thank you for keeping the crafting spirit going from your hospital bed!

Today I finished stitching the short sleeved version of the Negroni (a Colette pattern) for the dear progeny.  I'll mail it tomorrow with one of my embroidered throw pillows.

I feel like I haven't knitted in an age since I couldn't settle on a project.  But these hands just need to knit so I started a colorwork hat.  I usually like to have an intended recipient and for this I do not.  We'll see where the yarn wants to go!

Negroni short sleeve.jpg

I sent you a pm.

• Like 1

I can't get pictures to post well here from my phone (too big), and the phone is a bit capricious about offering to let me post smaller ones.

Some of this was the end of July, but I finished off some bowl cozies (Star Wars themed) that will probably be Christmas presents. I made a couple of pillow cases from a bedsheet that lost it's mate. Today my teenage boy learned how to make a drawstring bag, which was fun--I think he enjoyed it. I thought it was good for him to have some exposure to how to put something together and how to use the machine just as a life skill. The bag will likely be a laundry bag he can take on car trips.

In July, I also finished a fall cross-stitch on a towel (pumpkins and corn stalks), and a NOEL that has greenery. Both had been started when my kids were little but persnickety little things made me put off finishing them (the NOEL had a lot of metallic thread that was not easy to use).

I did quite a bit more work on a biscornu that I started a few months ago. The top is nearly done except for some beadwork, which I've never done. I don't know if I will make the bottom according to the pattern or put my own spin on it.

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, Miss Tick said:

I wonder if you took a screen shot of the photo of that would be a smaller file size... Not very efficient, I realize.

I think that is one of the things I’ve tried, but I will try again when I am feeling up to be annoyed with technology. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, kbutton said:

I think that is one of the things I’ve tried, but I will try again when I am feeling up to be annoyed with technology. 

😆I feel this! If you have posted pictures or memes in the past you may have reached your limit. Then you have to delete some of those before you can post again.

4 hours ago, Miss Tick said:

😆I feel this! If you have posted pictures or memes in the past you may have reached your limit. Then you have to delete some of those before you can post again.

Yes and no. My phone takes higher resolution pics than my old one, and it’s been a consistent problem since then. I do delete images from time to time, but I still have problems with the size.  Sometimes it offers to upload a smaller file, but it’s not consistent, and I don’t know why.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jane in NC said:

I pieced one of my little embroidery pieces with some Essex linen remnants for the pillow front. The pillow back and piping were made from purple shot cotton that has been hiding in my stash for a while. I'm pleased with the result!

PXL_20230812_175823513.jpg

I love that embroidery design!

• Thanks 1

On 8/12/2023 at 2:09 PM, Jane in NC said:

I pieced one of my little embroidery pieces with some Essex linen remnants for the pillow front. The pillow back and piping were made from purple shot cotton that has been hiding in my stash for a while. I'm pleased with the result!

@Jane in NC I immediately thought of you, and this embroidery project, today when a friend sent me to her favorite pattern designer's website. Have you seen the Nest Sweater by Sew liberated? It would be a great home for one of your beautiful embroidered panels!

Edited by Miss Tick
added adjectives
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Miss Tick said:

@Jane in NC I immediately thought of you, and this embroidery project, today when a friend sent me to her favorite pattern designer's website. Have you seen the Nest Sweater by Sew liberated? It would be a great home for one of your beautiful embroidered panels!

Not sure how a woven panel would do on a knit sweatshirt though.  Hmmmm...

But funny you should mention Sew Liberated!  My next sewing project is the short sleeved Joanie top. I love shawl collars so I'll probably opt for that one.

• Like 1

On 8/12/2023 at 2:09 PM, Jane in NC said:

I love this!

• Thanks 1

Neither of these is a brand new finish, but I am pleased that now they BOTH hang on the wall.  (Excuse the glare and shadows). 

Isn't it a little bit maddening how we put off projects that take 5 minutes?  

IMG_0361.jpeg

Edited by Kidlit
S/V agr
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I've had both of these fabrics for about 10 years and no longer remember what autumn themed project I originally planned to make. Since downsizing and moving to this house 3 years ago I've had trouble finding seasonal wedge shaped placemats to fit our small round table. I haven't liked any of the ones I've seen so I finally decided to just make some. I have enough material left to make a round piece for the middle of the table.

20230822_155726.jpg

20230822_155638.jpg

20230822_155714.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I've been playing with miniatures, since FB recommended me a "dollhouse crafting from household items" group, and got the idea of doing the haunted basement at my community center.

So, the first one is the utility closet off my room...some of the kids decided to try to make contact with the ghost 🙂 (inspired by a song called "Don't play with Ouija boards" I've heard come from L's room more than a couple of times over the summer). 

The second is a shelf for a mad scientist who prefers organics :). 

IMG_0587.jpeg

IMG_0589.jpeg

• Like 7

On 8/22/2023 at 4:42 PM, Lady Florida. said:

I've had both of these fabrics for about 10 years and no longer remember what autumn themed project I originally planned to make. Since downsizing and moving to this house 3 years ago I've had trouble finding seasonal wedge shaped placemats to fit our small round table. I haven't liked any of the ones I've seen so I finally decided to just make some. I have enough material left to make a round piece for the middle of the table.

20230822_155726.jpg

20230822_155638.jpg

20230822_155714.jpg

These are great!

• Like 1