Menu

I have a poltergeist

ktgrok

I think?

Last night, my nearly 100 pound hound dog came walking into the bedroom wearing a (costume, foam) medieval breastplate. All the kids were asleep. Husband swears he didn't put it on the dog. I questioned everyone that lives here. No one has any idea how it got on him. (It should have been in the costume box in the closet)

Then today, I went to get my hair cut and as I'm digging in my purse for my wallet find $50 in crisp new bills in my purse, loose. I remembered that I'd asked DH to pick up cash the next time he was at the ATM, so assumed he put it there. But no. 

I did have my purse at youth group last night, so theoretically someone could have put money in it then - but why? I asked the leader if anyone was missing any money, and she said no one had mentioned anything. 

Then I thought, well, the person we cat sit for might have put it in there - but remembered that I was already at the hair cut place when he came by to get his cat. I did let another friend keep frozen rats in my freezer while their power was out, and I suppose they could have stuck it in there when they came to retrieve them, but $50 is pretty excessive for letting someone stuck something in my freezer - even rats - and they had already brought us a bag of avocados from their tree. So I really don't think it was them. 

So...poltergeist?

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Oooohhh.....maybe that's what stole all of my husband's pants.  

Like, we all got covid (like 3 weeks ago at this point), and when he emerged from disease and wanted to wear non sweat pants pants, he discovered that they're all missing.  

It's also possible he did laundry in a feverish state and did something weird with them, but we've looked EVERYWHERE.  I'm half expecting a new, badly knitted sweatshirt to pop up.

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, cjzimmer1 said:

If storing frozen rats was the source of the money, then you earned every penny and then some.  I promise you, I wouldn't have done it for that price.

LOL. He did start the request with, "So, you are the only person I feel I can ask this...."

1 hour ago, kristin0713 said:

I don’t understand the rats. Do I want to know more? 🤔

The have several pet snakes, and the frozen rats are to feed the snakes. They had placed a bulk order right before the hurricane came and knocked out power. We had a generator and had our freezer plugged in, and we are weird enough to ask that kind of favor of, lol. 

• Like 5

10 hours ago, ktgrok said:

LOL. He did start the request with, "So, you are the only person I feel I can ask this...."

The have several pet snakes, and the frozen rats are to feed the snakes. They had placed a bulk order right before the hurricane came and knocked out power. We had a generator and had our freezer plugged in, and we are weird enough to ask that kind of favor of, lol. 

Frozen rats are expensive (about $8 each at the pet store for the size Pinkie Py(thon) eats. And they've also been harder to get (a lot of breeders stopped breeding snakes during 2020-2021, so a lot of feeder breeders cut back, too). If he'd just done a bulk order, you probably saved him well over $50. 

• Like 3