Menu

Looking Ahead to 2022 - Day 21

Granny_Weatherwax

Eating mindlessly/stress eating.  ETA: Oh, the chips! I can eat so many chips! 

Putting off boring tasks that are not immediately urgent but would make my life easier if I just got them done. 

Worrying about money. It's a trait I disliked in my mother and here I am doing the same thing. 

Edited by marbel
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Please STOP procrastinating on balancing the company accounts until it’s six months behind, takes all darn day and drives me mad with the missing $457.19. 

STOP responding to idiots with keyboards. I have mostly blocked and banned everyone this applies to, but I can still eradicate more. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Quill said:

I don’t know if you meant this to be funny, but it strikes me funny! 😄

I am a verbal processor and really need to speak things to think them through carefully, to weigh options and make a plan. Also to process emotionally. 

But it has become clear to me in the last couple months that my family hates this and that it has had some negative effects on our relationships. So I just need to stop. 

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 6

I don't think I can stop, it will not work for me. But I can certainly take concrete steps to lessen.

Reading news a lot. I have stopped relatively to what it was before. Then I get sucked in. So only breaking news.

Less time online.

Less Amazon ?  It has increased a lot in the last 2 years, but I want to cut it down.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ScoutTN said:

I am a verbal processor and really need to speak things to think them through carefully, to weigh options and make a plan. Also to process emotionally. 

But it has become clear to me in the last couple months that my family hates this and that it has had some negative effects on our relationships. So I just need to stop. 

I do this, too. I think out loud to process things but then I continue thinking about it and forget to share the new thoughts so then everyone else only knows the previous thoughts and then confusion abounds and no one is happy.

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, Slache said:

I'm going to start writing these down. You're making think about things differently and I don't think I'll remember otherwise.

I have them written down in my journal. I leave a few lines in between each prompt. There are some days I can write a response quickly and others when I have to really think about things. I have been doing this for a few years and I enjoy being able to look back through my responses and see what has changed over time and what hasn't.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, mom31257 said:

If I stop buying chips, then I will stop eating them, right? 😁

Being so anxious over an issue...I think I have identified some of the source of it, which may not ever change, but knowing it may help. 

Yes! I can no longer have potato chips, veggies chips, or corn chips in the house. If I know they are here, I have no control. They call to me, Softly, From the pantry. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

7 minutes ago, Granny_Weatherwax said:

Yes! I can no longer have potato chips, veggies chips, or corn chips in the house. If I know they are here, I have no control. They call to me, Softly, From the pantry. 

My tortilla chips have been shouting at me and bullying me to eat them.  I. can't. resist.  90% of my daily calories are now from tortilla chips.  Eek.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, ScoutTN said:

Aww that makes me sad, because I do this too. My kids have all asked me why I whisper/murmur to myself so much; it’s this. It’s how I understand problems. I tried to stop once because of my kid but I decided after maybe two days that it was his problem if he didn’t like it. 😉 

• Like 6

First of all, add me to the list of us that processes things verbally.  I do it constantly.  Fortunately, my teen does the same thing so neither of us is bothered by the other one doing it.  

Things I will (try to) stop doing:

-being so hard on myself

-being so anxious all the time. My anxiety is high on a good day and has really ramped up in the last 2 years.

-ruminating

-spending too much.  I really need to reign it in.  I have already started working on this but need to even more.

-resenting my estranged husband for deserting me in every way that truly matters---this is much easier said than done but I will try hard because ultimately it will benefit me greatly

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Stop

-  with the chips!  😄

- putting off the small tasks that only take a minute. 

- putting things down to deal with later.  Later just never seems to come until I absolutely need it and can't remember where it is, or when company's coming!  

- spending so much time on my computer and be more present in my life.  School is over.  I need to set limits.  I've been relying on it for veg time.

- picking at my "maskne".  It's not making things better.  😏

- looking at my phone in bed.  I need something else to distract me from the racing thoughts in the middle of the night.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Things to Stop Doing:

• Trash talking myself and my life.
  • Procrastinating - specifically, doing everything except the one thing that should be prioritized in the moment.
  • "Sleeping" in between morning alarms.  Get up and do some yoga instead.
  • Keeping secrets that weigh on me.  Do things right and there won't be any reason to avoid the truth.  [These are not serious things, but I am a wuss so I don't share worries with people who will just compound them.]
  • Lazy eating.  Spend a couple more minutes and eat something healthy.
  • Saving my kids from their poor decisions.  Or at least some of them.
  • Thanks 1

Things to Stop Doing:

Added sugar. 

Mindless eating - no more eating at the computer or while looking at my phone.  

I really have to focus on weight-loss this year.  It’s not the first year I’ve said this or failed on the resolution after a month, but 2022 needs to be the year that I don’t sabotage myself.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Hannah said:

Things to Stop Doing:

Added sugar. 

Mindless eating - no more eating at the computer or while looking at my phone.  

I really have to focus on weight-loss this year.  It’s not the first year I’ve said this or failed on the resolution after a month, but 2022 needs to be the year that I don’t sabotage myself.

I'm right there with you. Eating at my computer needs to stop because I don't enjoy what I've made (mostly because I'm distracted by whatever I"m doing on the computer) and then I go eat something else to satisfy myself and I end up overeating.

• Like 1