Menu

We accepted an offer on the old house!

ktgrok

Dh and I, especially DH, have been working non stop to get the old house ready to show. As in, he'd work all day, then go there until 2am painting, putting in flooring, etc. DS21 has been there with him most of the time. Then twice DH stayed all night working on it, once he took a nap while there but Wednesday night worked around the clock to be ready for showings at 10:30am Thursday. I have been going during the day, while DH is working from home, then basically tagging out so he can go in the evenings, but Thursday I was there by 6am. It was madness, and we still have stuff left to do. 

But, we had 22 showings on Thursday, and 5 offers. 3 were cash offers from various companies looking to rent it out, two were from real people. We took the highest real people offer, which was second highest overall. Closing would be Jan. 19, a bit longer than the cash offers but a reasonable amount of time given holidays between now and then, and it gives us time to finish up the things we need to do (empty garage, fix two fence panels, finish hanging light fixtures that are purchased and sitting in the boxes on the floor below where they go, etc). 

Overall, very pleased!

• Like 48

1 minute ago, ktgrok said:

Dh and I, especially DH, have been working non stop to get the old house ready to show. As in, he'd work all day, then go there until 2am painting, putting in flooring, etc. DS21 has been there with him most of the time. Then twice DH stayed all night working on it, once he took a nap while there but Wednesday night worked around the clock to be ready for showings at 10:30am Thursday. I have been going during the day, while DH is working from home, then basically tagging out so he can go in the evenings, but Thursday I was there by 6am. It was madness, and we still have stuff left to do. 

But, we had 22 showings on Thursday, and 5 offers. 3 were cash offers from various companies looking to rent it out, two were from real people. We took the highest real people offer, which was second highest overall. Closing would be Jan. 19, a bit longer than the cash offers but a reasonable amount of time given holidays between now and then, and it gives us time to finish up the things we need to do (empty garage, fix two fence panels, finish hanging light fixtures that are purchased and sitting in the boxes on the floor below where they go, etc). 

Overall, very pleased!

Wow! That is amazing! So happy for you. ❤️

• Like 1

Thanks - even our Realtor was glad we went with a person. Partly because she hates dealing with those out of town companies as she can never get a real person on the line and they tend to be unreasonable, and partly because she - like us - hates that they are pricing regular people out of the market. 

• Like 7

We just found out that it is a young couple buying their first house - they put have put in offers on SIXTEEN other houses and lost out over the last several months and were about to give up! Their lease ran out on their rental place and they had to move in with his dad, and are SO grateful to finally get a place! That makes me feel so good! Definitely worth the 5K less that their offer was than the highest one 🙂

• Like 17