Menu

My Navy kid is about to be deployed

lynn

And won't have a shipping address😪. Can't send him a Christmas or birthday gift😢.  As if deployment isn't hard enough on a Navy mom.😭.  He believes he'll have internet to keep in contact🙄.  He did enlist for the adventure so I am all the feels......happy ,sad, anxious and proud

Edited by lynn
  • Like 22
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, lynn said:

And won't have a shipping address😪. Can't send him a Christmas or birthday gift😢.  As if deployment isn't hard enough on a Navy mom.😭.  He believes he'll have internet to keep in contact🙄.  He did enlist for the adventure so I am all the feels......happy ,sad, anxious and proud

Having a shipping address did not help my Navy daughter's package to arrive in time.  Mailed early November.  Received January of following year.  She was in the Persian Gulf at time of mailing.  Deployment is certainly stressful on mommas; when a sailor fell overboard, I could barely sleep until identity of person was released.  It is indeed an adventure .... maybe not the one expected but an adventure nonetheless.  I hope he can occasionally contact you when in port.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, lynn said:

((Hugs)) It IS all the feels. Is the no shipping address a permanent thing? Is that because he’s on a ship? I’m utterly clueless about the Navy. 

4 hours ago, Lanny said:

OP thank you to your DS for serving. And thank you to you and your DH and everyone else. You are now a military family and you are serving. Thanks to you and your DS and your family!

I came into this thread to thank your son for serving . . . and for the sacrifices you are making now.  We are grateful.