Katy

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Terabith said:

IMG_6117.jpeg

My son has been able to do this since he was three (how the heck does a pre literate 3 year old who watches only PBS know make and model anyway?!). And now he often can pinpoint year as well. I so don’t get it! Besides this, we live two miles from an interstate with eight lanes—let’s start with the basics, like, is the car going the same direction as us, or are referring to something that just blazed by going the other direction? lol!

And now that all brands seem to want to look like the other brand, I am completely pitiful.

You don’t want to know how long it took me to learn to recognize the car we bought a couple of years ago in a parking lot. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, kbutton said:

My son has been able to do this since he was three (how the heck does a pre literate 3 year old who watches only PBS know make and model anyway?!). And now he often can pinpoint year as well. I so don’t get it! Besides this, we live two miles from an interstate with eight lanes—let’s start with the basics, like, is the car going the same direction as us, or are referring to something that just blazed by going the other direction? lol!

And now that all brands seem to want to look like the other brand, I am completely pitiful.

You don’t want to know how long it took me to learn to recognize the car we bought a couple of years ago in a parking lot. 

I have often said that I would be the absolute worst witness ever.  My memory is just weird and I don’t make note of things that I don’t see as relevant. So I might be able to say, “A car drove through that building,” but I would have no idea about make or model or year or license plate.  Color is iffy in my memory, and I would know nothing about the driver unless I had a full fledged conversation with them, in which case I could tell you their life story but probably not identify them in a lineup or remember their names or anything useful.  

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Terabith said:

I have often said that I would be the absolute worst witness ever.  My memory is just weird and I don’t make note of things that I don’t see as relevant. So I might be able to say, “A car drove through that building,” but I would have no idea about make or model or year or license plate.  Color is iffy in my memory, and I would know nothing about the driver unless I had a full fledged conversation with them, in which case I could tell you their life story but probably not identify them in a lineup or remember their names or anything useful.  

I'm similar and my dad was an FBI agent so I'm always so ashamed of myself 😂

• Haha 10

7 hours ago, kbutton said:

Once I notice a certain make and model, I see them everywhere. They just pop out at me and I can see them in a flash. Right now it's the Honda Fit. Great car, but who knew that there are so many in my neighbourhood!? 😂

• Like 1

18 hours ago, kbutton said:

Wednesday I had to drive the car dh usually drives, a Subaru of some sort - I'm not even sure what kind but it's the size of a Honda CRV so a small SUV.   Leaving a store, I walked up to a totally different car that I thought was the car I usually drive and didn't figure it out until the key didn't work and I stood there for a minute.   

My car is a Honda Pilot.   The car I tried to enter was a Yukon.   They look nothing alike.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5