Menu

Jokes & memes

Katy

3 minutes ago, TechWife said:

I have never in my life been put in a waiting room on any stage of undress. That’s horrible! 

The normal clinic mammogram room I've gone to has two connected rooms. The first one has a curtained area to change and then you go right to the mammogram room.

The cancer clinic I've been to for callbacks has a main waiting room. Then you get called back, change to a robe on top (it's not really a hospital gown, and doesn't gap the way those can) and leave your pants on, and sit in a secondary waiting room before getting the mammogram/ultrasound/whatever. I'm guessing she was at one of those types of clinics. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, TechWife said:

I have never in my life been put in a waiting room on any stage of undress. That’s horrible! 

The hospital where I get my mammograms has a waiting room set apart for it. Everyone in there is a woman waiting for her mammogram. They only make you take off your top and top undergarment and you’re wearing a top gown.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Matryoshka said:

You have individual mammogram waiting rooms?

I do. I get shown to a waiting room the size of a small fitting room at a clothing store, when I'm done changing I walk through the other door into the mammogram room. There is at least one other changing room connected. When I'm done I reverse and leave.

I hate the entire process, but now I'm going to hate it slightly less knowing that communal waiting rooms happen.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Katy said:

IMG_9352.jpeg

They are not vegetarians.  They will kill animals and eat them.  They will kill crocodiles . . . 

eating a zebra they killed.  Killed the crocs that tried to take it .

Edited by gardenmom5

41 minutes ago, Matryoshka said:

You have individual mammogram waiting rooms?

No - there’s the practice waiting room, there are a few chairs in there. I check in & sit down for a couple of minutes. Then they call me in, direct me to a private dressing room, I put the gown on and then go straight into the room for the mammogram, come out and go straight back to the dressing room to change back into my clothing. It’s been this way with three different providers. If the tech needs the radiologist, the radiologist comes to me. Leaving someone partially undressed in a public area is incredible invasion of privacy and disrespectful. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, scholastica said:

The hospital where I get my mammograms has a waiting room set apart for it. Everyone in there is a woman waiting for her mammogram. They only make you take off your top and top undergarment and you’re wearing a top gown.

That doesn’t make it any better. My body, my business. 

54 minutes ago, silver said:

The normal clinic mammogram room I've gone to has two connected rooms. The first one has a curtained area to change and then you go right to the mammogram room.

The cancer clinic I've been to for callbacks has a main waiting room. Then you get called back, change to a robe on top (it's not really a hospital gown, and doesn't gap the way those can) and leave your pants on, and sit in a secondary waiting room before getting the mammogram/ultrasound/whatever. I'm guessing she was at one of those types of clinics. 

The second scenario is what it's like where I go.

1 hour ago, silver said:

That's what it's like where I had my last couple of mammograms. There was a private changing room and then a separate waiting room just for the mammogram patients, with 3-4 women waiting.

Also when I had my most recent colonoscopy, we changed into hospital gowns privately but then everyone was in gowns in hospital beds in a big room waiting for their turn to be wheeled into one of the procedure rooms. There were probably 8-10 patients in gowns waiting.

No one is changing in front of other people, and everyone is completely covered in waiting areas that are designated specifically for those patients. And it's not like people are hanging out chatting, people are really just focused on getting through the procedure, not looking at other people.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Corraleno said:

That's what it's like where I had my last couple of mammograms. There was a private changing room and then a separate waiting room just for the mammogram patients, with 3-4 women waiting.

Also when I had my most recent colonoscopy, we changed into hospital gowns privately but then everyone was in gowns in hospital beds in a big room waiting for their turn to be wheeled into one of the procedure rooms. There were probably 8-10 patients in gowns waiting.

No one is changing in front of other people, and everyone is completely covered in waiting areas that are designated specifically for those patients. And it's not like people are hanging out chatting, people are really just focused on getting through the procedure, not looking at other people.

Are these areas curtained off w/ the curtains closed? If not, how in the world do they prevent disclosure of PHI? At the very least, there's a lot of Q & A between the nurse and the patient when prepping for a colonoscopy. 

59 minutes ago, Corraleno said:

My mammogram place has a whole separate entrance just for mammogram patients ("Women's Imaging Center"). Inside, there's a general waiting room, then someone walks you back to a private dressing room, then straight to the mammo room, then back to your clothes... I've never seen another woman in the back while I was there.

My colonoscopy place had a waiting room, and then the pre-op area with beds. Curtains are closed all the way around while you change and then kept just to divide patients. I could hear the answers of the guy next to me (he quit smoking a couple months ago! 🥳) but never saw his face.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, TechWife said:

Are these areas curtained off w/ the curtains closed? If not, how in the world do they prevent disclosure of PHI? At the very least, there's a lot of Q & A between the nurse and the patient when prepping for a colonoscopy. 

What areas?  The changing rooms are individual and curtained, no one to talk to.  The secondary waiting room is just a room with chairs.  You sit, watch the tv, read a book or scroll your phone, like any other waiting room.  The actual mammogram room is a separate place with a physical door (not just a curtain).  That's the only place you interact with a nurse.  No one can hear you.

Edited by Matryoshka
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Matryoshka said:

What areas?  The changing rooms are individual and curtained, no one to talk to.  The secondary waiting room is just a room with chairs.  You sit, watch the tv, read a book or scroll your phone, like any other waiting room.  The actual mammogram room is a separate place with a physical door (not just a curtain).  That's the only place you interact with a nurse.  No one can hear you.

I’m responding to another post about a common waiting area for colonoscopy patients.