Menu

Jokes & memes

Katy

10 hours ago, kbutton said:

I still do if there is any chance of losing cell signal, lol! I have been dumped in dead spots by some GPS programs.

I have a recent Rand McNally in my car too. 

Me too. GPS, WAZE, Google Maps, all make mistakes such as the most direct route is "Drive across Fort Knox", and you really do NOT want to try that. On a recent trip, Google Maps wanted us to use a " do not enter" forestry rd, and at our house on the mountain, it tries to navigate people down the switchback with the washed out road blocked by rock slide and nowhere to turn around so folks have to drive two miles in reverse to get to the nearest driveway to turn around.

Big fan of Rand McNally. 

• Like 2

On 1/30/2023 at 4:23 PM, Katy said:

27BA27D7-014D-4CED-A0E4-CFE84C978AE3.jpeg

Wait, what??

On 1/31/2023 at 1:48 PM, Katy said:

Don’t bother. It’s hot, messy, you get splattered with tiny bits of oil, and it doesn’t taste better than take out. 

Truth. I made it once. it was a mess, and not that great. 

On 2/12/2023 at 7:29 PM, Katy said:

EB89A1A2-F6AC-474B-8A05-30BCDB3C62B9.jpeg

Someone I know in colorado had their booth outside a recreational dispensary. TONS of sales. I cracked up. 

12 hours ago, Brittany1116 said:

And the smart ones also printed return directions instead of trying to reverse each turn in an unfamiliar city and on crowded highways. 

OH! Yeah...that would have been smart. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Faith-manor said:

Me too. GPS, WAZE, Google Maps, all make mistakes such as the most direct route is "Drive across Fort Knox", and you really do NOT want to try that. On a recent trip, Google Maps wanted us to use a " do not enter" forestry rd, and at our house on the mountain, it tries to navigate people down the switchback with the washed out road blocked by rock slide and nowhere to turn around so folks have to drive two miles in reverse to get to the nearest driveway to turn around.

Big fan of Rand McNally. 

Google tried just last month to take us down a farm track that I happen to know dead-ends in an open field...

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Faith-manor said:

Big fan of Rand McNally. 

Once years ago Google tried to get me to drive into a lake. I was pretty sure my nursing job was NOT that way. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Katy said:

Once years ago Google tried to get me to drive into a lake. I was pretty sure my nursing job was NOT that way. 

The first time I tried to drive across the new road bridge across the Firth of Forth - which had been under planning and construction for ten years or so - Google Maps freaked out, declaring repeatedly that I was in a field and needed to go back to the road.  So not only does it invent non-existent routes, it is really slow to recognise new roads.  The bridge had been open for over a month when I took it, and countless cars had already crossed.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Terabith said:

2213A92A-6629-4BFF-9583-452FD39CEC11.jpeg

My mom was on a short flight and the attendant was distributing drinks when the flight crew announced that they would be landing shortly and everyone needed to be in their seats. The flight attendant was surprised and a bit flustered but then packed up and started to announce a welcome to the destination city, when in fact they had turned around and we're making an emergency landing at the departure airport. Poor dear. The emergency turned out to be a non-issue (thank goodness)

• Sad 2