Menu

Daunte Wright

Scarlett

7 minutes ago, ktgrok said:

I'm still trying to understand how people plotting a revolution didn't guess that the other side might fight back?

Right? And they're usually so astute. For example, why else would they go around around calling everyone else "sheeple" if they weren't very intelligent, independent thinkers?

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, OH_Homeschooler said:

Right? And they're usually so astute. For example, why else would they go around around calling everyone else "sheeple" if they weren't very intelligent, independent thinkers?

In this case they did seem genuinely shocked that the cops didn’t join them. I’m not sure what was in that kook aid.  

12 minutes ago, ktgrok said:

I'm still trying to understand how people plotting a revolution didn't guess that the other side might fight back?

I think they expected that the cops would be on their side. And some were — there's video of cops removing barriers and waving people through, smiling and taking selfies, even helpfully providing directions to Pelosi's office. And this just came out:

"A US Capitol Police officer directed "all outside units" on the morning of January 6 to only monitor for anti-Trump agitators "who want to start a fight," not any "pro-Trump in the crowd," according to the findings of a newly revealed internal investigation."

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

20 minutes ago, ktgrok said:

Right? Where are all the reports of the the injured protesters? Hundreds of police injured, and only one protester shot and killed? 

Was no one injured enough to seek medical attention? Surely, that would be a story. If anyone has information, please link for me!

The others who died were natural causes and an OD.

35 minutes ago, HeartString said:

In this case they did seem genuinely shocked that the cops didn’t join them. I’m not sure what was in that kook aid.  

Yeah, I guess I hadn't considered that. Possibly the echo chambers they are in made it seem like everyone was on their side. 

Edited by OH_Homeschooler

2 hours ago, ktgrok said:

They were under the impression that the storm was upon them and all the good people would help and all the bad people would be arrested and killed.

• Like 3

re the speed with which Blue Lives Matter transformed into F@ck the Police

2 hours ago, ktgrok said:

There's mounting evidence that the seditionists carrying swastikas, Confederate flags, Iron Crosses and Camp Auschwitz slogans, erecting gallows and hurling racial epithets... truly believed that most police would support their actions.  (As @Corraleno noted, there have been some reports and social media clips suggesting that a handful of Capitol Police may indeed have waved rioters in and/or posed with them.... though I have seen no mention or evidence of this in any of the court filings I've read thus far.)

Also that the then Commander in Chief supported the seditionists' objective to halt the certification of the election; and that, therefore, no National Guard or other federal resources would come to the aid of the police. 

• Like 7

On 4/18/2021 at 6:58 PM, Ausmumof3 said:

Do you mind me asking if you’re new here or just posting under a new identity?

Not sure why that matters. I used to read/post on this board several years ago. The board at that time was certainly more open minded. I don't think SWB ever intended for the Well Trained Mind to become the Well Indoctrinated Mind as it seems to have devolved into. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

22 hours ago, Scarlett said:

I don't even know why we are arguing with people who have so few post counts and yet who are obviously longtimers back under cover.

Sorry to disappoint. As I already posted, not a "longtimer back under cover". 

7 hours ago, Fritz said:

Not sure why that matters. I used to read/post on this board several years ago. The board at that time was certainly more open minded. I don't think SWB ever intended for the Well Trained Mind to become the Well Indoctrinated Mind as it seems to have devolved into. 

I’ve kind of lost track of the thread now but we have had a few posters with new names or accounts and it gets kind of hard to figure out who you’re talking to.  I haven’t experienced that.  People are pretty open to discussion here.

• Like 1

Otoh, I can't be the only person who isn't bothered by name changes, even serial ones. It doesn't matter to me. Half the time I don't know who posted the thing I'm responding to, and I almost always forget about run-ins with posters and just blithely go on liking their subsequent posts. ( A few exceptions).

I think it's to do with my face-blindness. Certainly profile pics don't mean anything to me. 

Idk. I can think of one serial banned returnee, and it would be annoying not to know it was her, and invest time in answers to her, but not super annoying.

• Like 5

I'm not especially bothered by name changes, but I'm not really interested in interacting with people who aren't here for conversation and dialogue about a variety of topics but just want to argue about their own niche pet issues. I can get that anywhere on the internet. So if someone comes here or comes back and immediately starts fighting on one or two threads about a single thing and doesn't post anywhere else, I don't consider that a useful addition to the boards. 

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, Melissa Louise said:

Otoh, I can't be the only person who isn't bothered by name changes, even serial ones. It doesn't matter to me. Half the time I don't know who posted the thing I'm responding to, and I almost always forget about run-ins with posters and just blithely go on liking their subsequent posts. ( A few exceptions).

I think it's to do with my face-blindness. Certainly profile pics don't mean anything to me. 

Idk. I can think of one serial banned returnee, and it would be annoying not to know it was her, and invest time in answers to her, but not super annoying.

I don’t notice avatars much it’s just people have a few specific identifiers in the posting style that I can usually figure out.  

1 minute ago, Ausmumof3 said:

I don’t notice avatars much it’s just people have a few specific identifiers in the posting style that I can usually figure out.  

I'm really bad at that too, mostly. I reckon I could work out two posters total. Idk. You could all name change en masse and I'd just sort of accept I was talking to a whole new board. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Melissa Louise said:

I'm really bad at that too, mostly. I reckon I could work out two posters total. Idk. You could all name change en masse and I'd just sort of accept I was talking to a whole new board. 

lol there’s definitely plenty I wouldn’t identify but I know I’ve spotted a few in the past and been right.  Actually I didn’t realise you were you this time round till you posted about it.  I was so glad to realise you were back.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Melissa Louise said:

I am actually this same way.  Sometimes I can vaguely remember that someone was nasty to me but I really just don’t care.  

• Like 1