Menu

Daunte Wright

Scarlett

13 minutes ago, MercyA said:

@HeartString, I'm enjoying your posts and wondering if you've posted under another username before? If you'd rather not answer, I understand, but am curious. 🙂 

I'm bad with names in general and when people change names (or even avatars) I am easily confused. 😉 

I did.  It’s the same account but a new display name.  My old was a little too close to my actual name.  Cnew02.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

On 4/18/2021 at 8:56 PM, HeartString said:

Since one theme here has been excessive police force this seemed relevant.  Police slam elderly lady with dementia to the ground, dislocate her shoulder and break her frail arm.  This is not a healthy system.  😞 

Those officers were under no threat.  They were annoyed. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/colorado-police-accused-injuring-elderly-woman-dementia-during-arrest-n1264347

"Just eight seconds passed between Officer Hopp reaching Ms. Garner and Officer Hopp throwing her tiny body to the ground and putting her in handcuffs."

Learned more about this case today. When the 73-year-old woman (who not only suffers from dementia, but sensory aphasia, limiting her ability to communicate) left Walmart, she had forgotten to pay for a candy bar, soda, and a few other items. When employees stopped her, she held out her credit card, but the employees wouldn't take it and instead took the items from her. When the police were called, they were informed that Walmart had suffered no loss and that the woman was elderly and frail.

Garner was picking wildflowers in a field on her way home when the police accosted her. She kept clutching the flowers when they threw her on the ground and hogtied her. 😞 She kept saying, "Why?" They fractured her arm, dislocated her shoulder, sprained her wrist, and bloodied her nose. She weighed 80 pounds.

The female police officer who threw her on the ground grinned and said, "A little muddy, a little bloody; you know how it goes" when another officer asked about the state of her clothes.

They then put this injured, elderly lady in jail for SIX HOURS without medical aid while she cried and called for help.

Her family said that walking to Walmart was the one thing outside her home they still felt comfortable allowing her to do. Now she is scared to leave her house at all. 😞 

There was no discipline brought against these officers. At all. The family has filed a civil suit.

And people wonder why we don't trust the police. Disgusting, shameful, and evil. 

Edited by MercyA
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 26

9 minutes ago, MercyA said:

Learned more about this case today. When the 73-year-old woman (who not only suffers from dementia, but sensory aphasia, limiting her ability to communicate) left Walmart, she had forgotten to pay for a candy bar, soda, and a few other items. When employees stopped her, she held out her credit card, but the employees wouldn't take it and instead took the items from her. When the police were called, they were informed that Walmart had suffered no loss and that the woman was elderly and frail.

Garner was picking wildflowers in a field on her way home when the police accosted her. She kept clutching the flowers when they threw her on the ground and hogtied her. 😞 She kept saying, "Why?" They fractured her arm, dislocated her shoulder, sprained her wrist, and bloodied her nose. She weighed 80 pounds.

The female police officer who threw her on the ground grinned and said, "A little muddy, a little bloody; you know how it goes" when another officer asked about the state of her clothes.

They then put this injured, elderly lady in jail for SIX HOURS without medical aid while she cried and called for help.

Her family said that walking to Walmart was the one thing outside her home they still felt comfortable allowing her to do. Now she is scared to leave her house at all. 😞 

There was no discipline brought against these officers. At all. The family has filed a civil suit.

And people wonder why we don't trust the police. Disgusting, shameful, and evil. 

I didn’t see the part about Walmart telling them they hadn’t suffered a loss. That makes it even worse.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MercyA said:

I cried when I first heard about this. That poor woman!!!

And NO disciplinary action?!?! That is DISGUSTING!!!

I hope the family is victorious in their civil suit, but no amount of money will be enough to compensate for what that poor woman went through. 

This has got to stop. 😢

• Like 7

I just saw this news story yesterday about a deaf Black woman who was pulled out of her car while cops yelled at her, despite her signing that she was deaf and couldn't hear them or read lips since they were wearing masks. Then they shoved her to the ground, and handcuffed her hands behind her back so she couldn't even sign, while telling her distraught and screaming children to "talk some sense into her." 

The department justified the actions, saying the woman was detained for failure to comply with police orders — that she obviously could not hear. 🤬

• Confused 1
  • Sad 27

3 hours ago, Corraleno said:

I just saw this news story yesterday about a deaf Black woman who was pulled out of her car while cops yelled at her, despite her signing that she was deaf and couldn't hear them or read lips since they were wearing masks. Then they shoved her to the ground, and handcuffed her hands behind her back so she couldn't even sign, while telling her distraught and screaming children to "talk some sense into her." 

The department justified the actions, saying the woman was detained for failure to comply with police orders — that she obviously could not hear. 🤬

These are SYSTEMIC issues that need systemic solutions. It’s beyond obvious at this point that while it disproportionately affects some groups, those aren’t the only groups affected. I hope that this increased awareness really does result in a wholesale reevaluation of a LE system that’s largely based on post-reconstruction mores, an effort to criminalize low-risk behavior and reenslave people (be it with fines or through incarceration).

Edited by Sneezyone
  • Like 14

1 hour ago, MercyA said:

Guys, I was able to find Karen Garner's address online. Do you think she would like receiving cards and gifts, or would that only confuse and distress her?

I can't imagine it would upset her.  Also she has family who seem to help care for her so they would explain it to her.  Very sweet idea.

• Thanks 1

On 4/19/2021 at 11:24 AM, Spryte said:

I’m heartbroken about all the loss of life that day.

Agreed, heart attacks, strokes, & drug overdoses, are horrible things. Only one person was killed at the Capital Building that day, her name was Ashli Babbitt. The MSM just refuses to tell the truth about it cause it doesn't fit their narrative.

https://greenwald.substack.com/p/the-media-lied-repeatedly-about-officer

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Fritz said:

Agreed, heart attacks, strokes, & drug overdoses, are horrible things. Only one person was killed at the Capital Building that day, her name was Ashli Babbitt. The MSM just refuses to tell the truth about it cause it doesn't fit their narrative.

The truth is she was shot during an armed coup attempt on the United States Capital. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 8
  • Sad 1

54 minutes ago, Fritz said:

Agreed, heart attacks, strokes, & drug overdoses, are horrible things. One of the people who died at the Capital Building that day was Ashli Babbitt, incidentally while she was trying to overthrow the rightful government of the nation. Some people just refuse to acknowledge the truth about it cause it doesn't fit their narrative.

YEAH, all these gosh-darn hand-wringers getting all upset about this guy getting brutally killed by police for no reason when we can instead be upset about *checks notes* an insurrectionist in the middle of a violent act to overthrow the government getting shot as she tried to do said overthrowing. 

Also, fixed your post for factual correctness, you're welcome in advance.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, Sneezyone said:

These are SYSTEMIC issues that need systemic solutions. It’s beyond obvious at this point that while it disproportionately affects some groups, those aren’t the only groups affected. I hope that this increased awareness really does result in a wholesale reevaluation of a LE system that’s largely based on post-reconstruction mores, an effort to criminalize low-risk behavior and reenslave people (be it with fines or through incarceration).

The number of times I’ve read about people who don’t speak English well or at all, are deaf or hard of hearing, have autism, have some mental illness, etc etc, who don’t act “appropriately” when a police officer screams something at them that they can’t understand...clearly there is a massive problem with the entire concept. And yet, we are told, “Do what the officer tells you to and it will end safely for both of you.“

• Like 5
  • Thanks 8
  • Sad 2

29 minutes ago, stripe said:

The number of times I’ve read about people who don’t speak English well or at all, are deaf or hard of hearing, have autism, have some mental illness, etc etc, who don’t act “appropriately” when a police officer screams something at them that they can’t understand...clearly there is a massive problem with the entire concept. And yet, we are told, “Do what the officer tells you to and it will end safely for both of you.“

Yes. 

And it is real hard to think it is just a "few" "bad apples" when LEOs are posting on twitter that the American system of policing is on trial. I mean, that's admitting that this behavior is the system. But then we are supposed to believe that it isn't?

• Like 9

Just to give another example of what happened to me while driving:  When I was 20 I drove from North Carolina to Maryland in a red Mazda rx-7.  It was mostly an empty interstate and I hate driving long distances so I was most definitely speeding - 95 miles an hour.  I also was listening to my books on tape and it was very loud.  A Virginia state trooper started chasing me to stop me for speeding but my book was too loud for me to hear the sirens and I never checked my mirror.  I don't know how long it was that he was chasing me, but I finally realized and pulled over.  He came to my door with his gun drawn.  He thought I had stolen the car at that point, and was evading arrest.  But instead of getting shot I ended up crying in the back seat of his police car while he asked me repeatedly to PLEASE stop crying.  I got a hefty ticket and a suspended license in VA but was allowed to go on my way.  

He was black, I was white, young, and female. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, ktgrok said:

Yes. 

And it is real hard to think it is just a "few" "bad apples" when LEOs are posting on twitter that the American system of policing is on trial. I mean, that's admitting that this behavior is the system. But then we are supposed to believe that it isn't?

Even this “bad apple” phrasing that’s always used: I was under the impression that the saying was that a few bad apples spoil the barrel....which means we have to GET RID of the bad apples! Not just say, “well, there’s only a few!”

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

19 hours ago, ktgrok said:

The truth is she was shot during an armed coup attempt on the United States Capital. 

Armed with what? Jill Sanborn, assistant director of the FBI’s counterterrorism division, told a Senate committee that the FBI did not recover any guns at the Jan. 6 Capitol riot and that only one shot was fired that day. An unarmed young woman was shot in the neck and killed.

So, a question from a person close to me, who thinks all of this is overblown, led me to a google search which led me to the link below, which is likely not new information for many of you, but which I thought I'd share here anyway. 

I cant' quite figure out the way they have %'s listed (as decimals of %'s), but I'm looking only at the data charts, not the full report at the moment, BUT if anyone does need "cold, hard facts" this is helpful. 

ETA: okay, looking at the full report, which also has the charts in it, it seems the % given (why it's a decimal of a %) is in comparison to total number of persons with police contact of any sort (rather than, say, the % of people who had any force, and showing what % of those people who had force shown had each type of force) -- so, "handcuffed" as a % is the percent of total police contacts that result in handcuffs, not the % of contacts with any force. 

https://www.bjs.gov/index.cfm?ty=tp&tid=702   -- from that page, I'm referencing the "Contacts Between Police & the Public, 2018" and specifically the "data tables" download. 

What astounded me most was that in one of the charts, type of force (broken down by race), *everything but white* has "not applicable" under shocked/sprayed.  Not.Applicable. Just straight to gun pointed/shot.  How anyone can see that and not admit there is a problem is beyond me.  (chart pasted below, maybe/hopefully)

Type of force Total   White   Black   Hispanic   Other
  Any 0.21 % 0.2 % 0.86 % 0.72 % 0.69
Threat of force 0.12   0.1   0.62   0.39   0.12
Handcuffing 0.19   0.17   0.79   0.65   0.69
Pushing/grabbing/hitting/kicking 0.11   0.08   0.56   0.39   0.47
Spraying/shocking ~   0.05   ~   ~   ~
Pointing/shooting gun 0.08   0.05   0.3   0.29   0.42
~Not applicable.                  
Source: Bureau of Justice Statistics, Police-Public Contact Survey, 2018.        

Edited by TheReader
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Fritz said:

Armed with what? Jill Sanborn, assistant director of the FBI’s counterterrorism division, told a Senate committee that the FBI did not recover any guns at the Jan. 6 Capitol riot and that only one shot was fired that day. An unarmed young woman was shot in the neck and killed.

Are Parler and 8chan out of business these days? You have to resort to a home education forum? Damn, life is hard for homeless Qnuts and white supremacists! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 6

7 minutes ago, TheReader said:

So, a question from a person close to me, who thinks all of this is overblown, led me to a google search which led me to the link below, which is likely not new information for many of you, but which I thought I'd share here anyway. 

I cant' quite figure out the way they have %'s listed (as decimals of %'s), but I'm looking only at the data charts, not the full report at the moment, BUT if anyone does need "cold, hard facts" this is helpful. 

https://www.bjs.gov/index.cfm?ty=tp&tid=702   -- from that page, I'm referencing the "Contacts Between Police & the Public, 2018" and specifically the "data tables" download. 

What astounded me most was that in one of the charts, type of force (broken down by race), *everything but white* has "not applicable" under shocked/sprayed.  Not.Applicable. Just straight to gun pointed/shot.  How anyone can see that and not admit there is a problem is beyond me.  (chart pasted below, maybe/hopefully)

Because that is the standard errors table.

the table with the data I think you are looking for is a couple tables up

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, bibiche said:

Are Parler and 8chan out of business these days? You have to resort to a home education forum? Damn, life is hard for homeless Qnuts and white supremacists! 

Facts matter. I guess when you don't like the facts you resort to name calling and play the "racist card".  

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, Fritz said:

Is it just me, or does anyone who spouts "MSM" instantly lose all credibility? I've never met someone who talks about the MSM who wasn't completely brainwashed by far-right media sources. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Amira said:

Here's a fact check about the claim that the insurrection wasn't armed.   https://www.factcheck.org/2021/03/capitol-protesters-were-armed-with-variety-of-weapons/

Fritz, I'm not at all interested in arguing with you about this, just posting the link in case other readers would like to check the facts.

No firearms were recovered from anyone within the building. 

I will disagree with Fritz in that I had read 1 person on the grounds was arrested with a firearm.

did they have other weapons? Yes, they did. And anyone who (assumedly, verifiably) used a weapon has been arrested and charged. 

How many “insurrections” have occurred in the 21st century with only 1 firearm? 

5 minutes ago, WildflowerMom said:

This thread turned ridiculous.  If I go into a government building with the idea of taking it over (even just my local courthouse!) I expect a cop to shoot me.    If one doesn't, I'll chalk it up to a miracle from God. 

I don't even know why we are arguing with people who have so few post counts and yet who are obviously longtimers back under cover.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 5

12 minutes ago, Scarlett said:

I don't even know why we are arguing with people who have so few post counts and yet who are obviously longtimers back under cover.

I was just about to start a thread in this but then figured why bother. In my fantasy scenario, posters who are back from the grave and ready to party are flagged as zombies. Often it’s easy to spot the zombies, but sometimes one wastes time and effort dealing with them before realizing one has been zombie punked. It’s tiresome. 

Edited by bibiche
  • Like 10

11 minutes ago, Scarlett said:

But if we didn’t respond to them, we might start running out of people to talk to! 😉 

Seriously, so many people have changed their names since I was last here, and it’s so confusing to read posts by people I think I know, but I’m not sure who they used to be! I liked it when we used to be able to visit a profile page and see the name history.

When I see a “new” person that doesn’t strike me as actually being a new forum member, I try to assume the best of them and figure they must have had a good reason for making the change — and that’s why they may not respond when we post to ask them who they used to be. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bibiche said:

I was just about to start a thread in this but then figured why bother. In my fantasy scenario, posters who are back from the grave and ready to party are flagged as zombies. Often it’s easy to spot the zombies, but sometimes one wastes time and effort dealing with them before realizing one has been zombie punked. It’s tiresome. 

I know that there are a few people who have left the forum more than once and re-joined under new usernames, and as far as I know, the only reason they did it was because they felt like it — and that is annoying! But I do think some people have good reasons for changing their names. I know at least one person was outed in her real life and she had to delete all of her old posts and change her name in a hurry. I never thought much about that being an issue until it happened to her, so now I try to give people the benefit of the doubt and hope they aren’t trolling.

But I think you’re on to something with your zombie idea. Because ZOMBIES!!! 🧟‍♂️🧟‍♀️ 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Catwoman said:

But if we didn’t respond to them, we might start running out of people to talk to! 😉 

Seriously, so many people have changed their names since I was last here, and it’s so confusing to read posts by people I think I know, but I’m not sure who they used to be! I liked it when we used to be able to visit a profile page and see the name history.

When I see a “new” person that doesn’t strike me as actually being a new forum member, I try to assume the best of them and figure they must have had a good reason for making the change — and that’s why they may not respond when we post to ask them who they used to be. 

I try to assume the best, as well.  There's one in particular that I just assume the best, and treat her well since I know she needs it.  
But then some are just back to argue anonymously.  🤦🏻‍♀️

btw, I changed my name because our laptop is going between two houses and I thought it best.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Fritz said:

I hav a friend who works for the US Senate who has PTSD as a result of the January 6 coup.  His flashbacks mostly involve people armed with flagpoles.  

There's something especially evil about the American flag being used to beat someone.  130 police officers had serious injuries.  

• Like 5
  • Sad 13

Just now, WildflowerMom said:

I try to assume the best, as well.  There's one in particular that I just assume the best, and treat her well since I know she needs it.  
But then some are just back to argue anonymously.  🤦🏻‍♀️

btw, I changed my name because our laptop is going between two houses and I thought it best.  

I’m still trying to figure out who you used to be. 

I know you were someone I liked, so it’s all good! 😄

• Haha 2

Just now, Catwoman said:

I know that there are a few people who have left the forum more than once and re-joined under new usernames, and as far as I know, the only reason they did it was because they felt like it — and that is annoying! But I do think some people have good reasons for changing their names. I know at least one person was outed in her real life and she had to delete all of her old posts and change her name in a hurry. I never thought much about that being an issue until it happened to her, so now I try to give people the benefit of the doubt and hope they aren’t trolling.

But I think you’re on to something with your zombie idea. Because ZOMBIES!!! 🧟‍♂️🧟‍♀️ 

Yes, a compelling reason for a new identity is one thing. But we have some seriously serial zombies and I am over it.  Sometimes I’m tempted to make a little history of their identities as they’re not as sneaky as they imagine. And all the incognito stuff just makes them look like *bigger* tools. 🙄 And that’s saying something!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Just now, WildflowerMom said:

When I changed my name, I actually made a thread saying who I was/am.   

I have my old name in my signature.  (That boy of mine) one word... 

Oh. You mean RIGHT THERE IN FRONT OF ME ALL THE TIME???

I swear, if they gave out trophies for being clueless, I would have a house full of them. 

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, bibiche said:

Yes, a compelling reason for a new identity is one thing. But we have some seriously serial zombies and I am over it.  Sometimes I’m tempted to make a little history of their identities as they’re not as sneaky as they imagine. And all the incognito stuff just makes them look like *bigger* tools. 🙄 And that’s saying something!

I am getting better at recognizing people.  So in my mind I reply to the original user name.....so hopefully I am correct!

2 minutes ago, bibiche said:

I can only think of two of them — and I don’t think one of them is here right now, but I’m sure there are more.

I know people have their reasons sometimes.  Indigo Blue deleted her account but came back with the same name.....of course it would do me no good to delete my account because someone would still remember everything I ever hoped to delete.  

Anyway, when people have very controversial opinions and then leave and come back as a different name.....and continue on with the same controversial opinion....it does just get old.  Why leave in the first place?  Unless they are afraid someone will out them in real life.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Scarlett said:

I know people have their reasons sometimes.  Indigo Blue deleted her account but came back with the same name.....of course it would do me no good to delete my account because someone would still remember everything I ever hoped to delete.  

Anyway, when people have very controversial opinions and then leave and come back as a different name.....and continue on with the same controversial opinion....it does just get old.  Why leave in the first place?  Unless they are afraid someone will out them in real life.  

I don’t get it, either — but I’m like you in that we have both been here for so long that we could post under a new name and everyone would know who we were almost immediately, anyway!

Personally, I think it would be very stressful to start posting under a new name if I didn’t want anyone to know who I was. It wouldn’t be any fun, because I would be spending all of my time worrying that I would post something that would give me away. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, OH_Homeschooler said:

Is it just me, or does anyone who spouts "MSM" instantly lose all credibility? I've never met someone who talks about the MSM who wasn't completely brainwashed by far-right media sources. 

Yes. It's an immediate "tell." At this point I don't know whether to (mentally) laugh or just roll my eyes. Tedious, tedious, tedious. BTDT got a whole wardrobe. Get a new line already.

I don't have whatever it takes to keep up with/figure out who old posters with new names are or might be. So I need y'all to clue me in when it matters, although mostly I think it doesn't.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Pawz4me said:

Yes. It's an immediate "tell." At this point I don't know whether to (mentally) laugh or just roll my eyes. Tedious, tedious, tedious. BTDT got a whole wardrobe. Get a new line already.

I don't have whatever it takes to keep up with/figure out who old posters with new names are or might be. So I need y'all to clue me in when it matters, although mostly I think it doesn't.

Same here...it rarely matters, and I am not very good at it.  But lately I seem to be better.  I think that is a sign I have been here too long.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

re weapons at the Capitol coup attempt

2 hours ago, Terabith said:

I hav a friend who works for the US Senate who has PTSD as a result of the January 6 coup.  His flashbacks mostly involve people armed with flagpoles.  

There's something especially evil about the American flag being used to beat someone.  130 police officers had serious injuries.  

I go back and forth, on the relative evil of using a sharpened American flagpole as a weapon to beat police, versus one carrying the Confederate flag, vs one with a swastika.  All three have been named in the indictments, as has multiple metal bats, at least one "walking stick" containing a taser and etc.

But as multiple indictments have also made evident, the Oathkeepers and Proud Boys had an explicit pre-coordinated plan, which was to leave firearms at a Comfort Inn just over the VA line as a "quick response force."  Given WDC firearm laws and Enrique Tarrio's arrest prior to the Big Day, the conspirators' leadership didn't want to risk any more premature arrests interrupting the effort.

The first-force plan, also outlined in recovered communications between indicted conspirators, was to wrestle off Capitol police gasmasks and shields, disable them with bear spray, and then take their tasers and guns.

1038323019_MatthewGreene-DOJsuperseding.jpg.833e05603c6da9a908024760ed431bba.jpg

Yesterday's detention hearing for PB Charles Donohoe revealed, again, the explicit OK/PB plan that the trained & coordinating "stacks" of conspiracy leaders to were to exhort "normies" -- that is, regular folks just in for the fun, who were not trained militia members but more like sedition tourists caught up in the fervor, to go in first, take the heat, serve as a sort of human shield advance guard.

It is entirely possible that Ashli Babbitt was such a "normie," swept up in the excitement of the moment, duped by her political fervor and intentionally disseminated lies about fraud, exhorted by trained ex-military leaders into climbing through the window first, duped into offering herself up to the cause much as -- in other contexts -- gullible teenagers are strapped into suicide bomb vests and sent into crowded markets.  I feel for her family.

To equate a mob of hundreds smashing down barricades, breaking windows and rushing TOWARD police with the expressed aim of HANG MIKE PENCE, with a single man prone and in handcuffs, is preposterous.

Preposterous.

Edited by Pam in CT
omitted word
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 10