Menu

HBO documentary suggests Q’s identity

Katy

Garga, I once read an article about one of the Sandy Hook parents who was suing Alex Jones - and rightfully so!

He said he used to be really interested in conspiracy theories before his son died, spending hours on the subject. The way he described it, it's almost like an addiction. He said that even though he knew better, sometimes he wondered if maybe it was only his son who died, that every other death was faked. And that's craziness, and he knew it, because of course he knows those other families - but even knowing it, it's like the addiction to the conspiracy theories kept trying to suck him back in 😞

Moving aside from the fact that Pen clearly thinks that the government has a much tighter control over the internet than it does, including the ability to remove other people's redirects and hush it up so they can't complain, there's the lingering question of why, exactly, top secret conspiracies would post obvious clues all over the internet for people to figure out.

I mean, let's look at this. Pen said it's "weird". You know what I think is weird? I think it's weird that a secret group that secretly controls the white house would publicly link to the white house website under their not-so-secret group name.

That's not how you keep a secret!

Edited by Tanaqui
  • Like 11
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Pen said:

There appear to be more than one person being called “Biden”.  with some differences in ears , cartilage as well as lobes, that seem almost like whorls versus loops on fingerprints— not something requiring nitty gritty forensics capabilities as would two sets of prints both whorls and having to distinguish between similar whorls. 

To me, it does matter if who is supposedly in the presidency and signing laws is who it is supposed to be.

But if it does not even matter to you one way or the other, then yes, save yourself the trouble and do not bother. 

It is not that I do not care.  I just do not see any compelling reason to believe this to be true.

If there were 2 Biden's I would care.  I do not believe there are 2 Biden's, therefore I am indifferent to the proposition.

If there were aliens mustering to invade the planet I would care.  I do not believe that there are aliens mustering to invade the planet, therefore I am indifferent to the proposition.

Why am I not persuaded you ask?

well, first I wonder who would replace Biden.  I come up with Republicans, Liberal Democrats, the people working with Q in secret and the cabal of baby eating bad guys Q is fighting, or Biden died and they don't want to tell anyone.

If the Rs had replaced Biden, he wouldn't be signing laws that Rep say they hate.  Probably not them.

If the more liberal Dems replaced Biden, he might be acting about the same, fair enough.  BUT if they can replace Biden, they surely would have replaced Manchin who is currently the main thing blocking Biden's agenda in the senate.  It has to be easier to replace a senator than a President, so why do one and not the other...  This explanation is lacking.

Q's people...if they wanted to replace Biden, why would there be 2 of him walking around?  I understood the story to be that Biden was kidnapped, tried, executed and replaced?  and I see "confirmed... Biden arrested 5 minutes ago" about 3 times a week from crazy people on twitter. If there are 2 wouldn’t they real Biden notice? Would Qs replacement act like the real Biden?  Then what’s the point?

The baby eating cabal...why would they replace one of their own? 

Biden secretly died...why wouldn't they just let Harris be president?  She's popular.

So...not that I don't care.  I just think its wrong.

Edited by Cnew02
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 5

3 hours ago, Pen said:

I know people change as they age and I know that politicians get plastic surgery. I also realize Biden had surgical procedures for something (aneurism?) that perhaps would have changed skull shape.  

I also know from doing art that there are aspects that don’t tend to change merely with age. 

Any of you feel certain of yourselves enough to try to answer? 

Have any of you taken older and newer photos and compared things like relative distances frenulum to chin, or across nose bridge to eyes as compared to eye width. Or set on face of ears relative to mouth, eyes, and nose?

1, 2 and 3 look the same, 4 looks different.  But so what?  Even if they are all Biden, there are a million explanations starting with they're pretty crappy pictures and ending with plastic surgery, not something off the wall like he's been replaced and the only evidence is in his ears.    Honestly if they could make a fake Biden that looks so much like him, you don't think they would have been able to get the ears right?   

I did an activity with a class that was supposed to determine height when fully grown based on size of the femur and arm span and something else, plus head circumference compared to something else.  And 1/2 the class didn't have measurements that matched the "correct" ratios.   So is my class 1/2 full of non-human clones?  Way more likely we had some measuring errors or the "correct" ratios just aren't always correct for a variety of reasons.  

• Like 7

On 4/5/2021 at 1:08 PM, Katy said:

Is Ron Watkins.

The evidence, as laid out in several articles about the documentary is fairly convincing. Do you think it will be enough to finally discredit Q, or do you think anyone who’s still a believer will just double down?

I quoted the first post on this thread. 

I think we know the answer now.

• Like 13
  • Sad 5

3 hours ago, Pen said:

There appear to be more than one person being called “Biden”.  with some differences in ears , cartilage as well as lobes, that seem almost like whorls versus loops on fingerprints— not something requiring nitty gritty forensics capabilities as would two sets of prints both whorls and having to distinguish between similar whorls. 

To me, it does matter if who is supposedly in the presidency and signing laws is who it is supposed to be.

But if it does not even matter to you one way or the other, then yes, save yourself the trouble and do not bother. 

I'm not sure why I'm bothering to respond, except that you did seem to agree with something I posted on another thread.  🙂  

If it's really true that there's a Biden stand-in, or that two or more people are pretending they're Biden, don't you think every Republican politician who would do anything possible to get Biden out of office, many who have known Biden for his entire career and have constant contact with him, would have noticed?

Edited by J-rap
  • Like 7

4 hours ago, Pen said:

I am left thinking that “the emperor has no clothes” with you guys. 

I’ll look back in a day or two to see if anyone tried on the ears. 

No, the biggest US example of the “Emperor Has No Clothes” started over five years ago and the price we are all paying just continues. I’m truly sorry you have been influenced by one of the many dark results of people setting aside reason and morals to follow bad people because the ends justify the means. I hope someone  IRL will soon be able to help you.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 9

Again, I don't mean to offend, but it's completely obvious that this thread is going nowhere & is going to continue to go nowhere (other than circles).

One cannot use logic or reason or practical examples with people who are convinced that body swaps can happen (at any level of anything) and that you can tell that one has occurred by looking at someone's ears. Among many other things.

At some point, you gotta recognize that the argument (if there ever really was one) is over. Especially on the internet.

• Like 9

4 hours ago, Pen said:

I used to work in a junior position for a small IT company.  Redirecting is basically just like linking.  Anyone can put a link to another site.  It would be interesting to look up who owns the domain for antifa.  Here you can look up who owns domain names using domain name look up - is that something you can do in the US?  I once got money from a scammer back that way.

Biden seems to me to have a very distinct face - something about the eyes.  But maybe his face type is more common in the US.  Lots of world leaders do use body doubles from time to time but I think it would be hard to pull it off now with the amount of technology we can look at someone’s face close up from a distance.  How widely used is retina scanning or finger print type stuff?

4 minutes ago, Ausmumof3 said:

It would be interesting to look up who owns the domain for antifa.  Here you can look up who owns domain names using domain name look up - is that something you can do in the US?  I once got money from a scammer back that way.

It's registered through NameCheap, which allows masking of ownership.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Several months ago over on Politics we spent some time on a couple of deep dive articles that examined the idea that conspiracy theories tap into some of the same adrenaline, satisfaction of problem-solving, and sense of community that gaming offers.  (Here is one by a game designer that I remember finding particularly eye-opening; here is another in the (conservative leaning) Financial Times in the UK that has a video overview of some of the ideas.)

The first of those articles taught me a new word:

Apophenia is : “the tendency to perceive a connection or meaningful pattern between unrelated or random things (such as objects or ideas)”

and tells a rather hilarious, but also telling, anecdote about the game designer was "watching" gamers work through the puzzles of an "experience fiction" game he himself had designed, and as he watched, the players came across three bits of (virtual) wood he'd left strewn about randomly, and as they scrutinized the random wood it looked to them like a perfect arrow, which HAD to be a clue, and so -- completely ignoring the blatantly obvious ("Scooby-Doo easy") clue he had left for them, they started (virtually) tearing down the wall of the basement room he'd built for them. 

Because the brain seeks patterns, and therefore finds them.

In most ARG-like games apophenia is the plague of designers and players, sometimes leading participants to wander further and further away from the plot and causing designers to scramble to get them back or (better yet) incorporate their ideas. In role-playing games, ARGs, video games, and really anything where the players have agency, apophenia is going to be an issue.

That author goes on to make a case that whoever (or whatever group of possibly but not-necessarily-coordinated group of people) is "running" QAnon and dropping the clues, inverts the apophenia mechanism.  That there are no puzzles, no solutions, no scripts; it's not actually moving toward any endpoint, because the game is playing the players rather than the other way around: the apophenia (and the ensuing chaos) is the point. 

Whether the gamemaster/s dropping the clues is a single scofflaw in the Philippines running 8chan, or a coordinated group under the explicit direction of hostile state actor, or a bunch of distributed incels who don't even know each other IRL and are simultaneously astonished and gleeful that a gazillion people around the world have fallen for their antics which came within a hairs' breadth of bringing down the republic... almost doesn't matter.  At this point the apophenia is the point.

Anyway, that's one game designer's hypothesis.

I was reminded of all this anew as I was gardening (ahhhh spring has finally arrived, here in the New England iceland....) and running this exchange, about extended hands, over in my mind:

16 hours ago, Harpymom said:

This feels so so sad to me.  Apply some critical thinking here, as I say to my kids.  "Online exploration" will only lead you right back down your accursed rabbit hole.  @Ordinary Shoes is telling you a fact.  She has no reason to lie.  She is offering you a hand to climb out.  Don't look back.

11 hours ago, Pam in CT said:

re the climb out from the darkness

Sadly, that isn't how the story goes.  Eurydice, Lot's wife -- the compulsion to look back is overwhelming.

As a kid, I used to spin out alternate endings.  It does happen: JK Rawling wrote one, in Percy.  Just keep on extending the hand....

and something clicked for me, connecting those September articles and today's exchanges; and I realized it was the concept of compulsion, that very-nearly absolute power to pull folks back into the abyss.  Not just back to Hades for Eurydice, or into salt for poor Lot's wife; but all sorts of modern-day and all too real compulsions, substance abuse and gambling and, yes, gaming and, yes, the rewards of conspiracies.

And then the hands to climb out. 

Two truth that lie in tension with each other:

1. It is an ethical imperative, to keep on extending the hand; and
  2. No one comes out until they WANT to. Ever.
Edited by Pam in CT
typo
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 8

On 4/10/2021 at 7:17 PM, Pam in CT said:

Several months ago over on Politics we spent some time on a couple of deep dive articles that examined the idea that conspiracy theories tap into some of the same adrenaline, satisfaction of problem-solving, and sense of community that gaming offers.  (Here is one by a game designer that I remember finding particularly eye-opening; here is another in the (conservative leaning) Financial Times in the UK that has a video overview of some of the ideas.)

The first of those articles taught me a new word:

and tells a rather hilarious, but also telling, anecdote about the game designer was "watching" gamers work through the puzzles of an "experience fiction" game he himself had designed, and as he watched, the players came across three bits of (virtual) wood he'd left strewn about randomly, and as they scrutinized the random wood it looked to them like a perfect arrow, which HAD to be a clue, and so -- completely ignoring the blatantly obvious ("Scooby-Doo easy") clue he had left for them, they started (virtually) tearing down the wall of the basement room he'd built for them. 

Because the brain seeks patterns, and therefore finds them.

That author goes on to make a case that whoever (or whatever group of possibly but not-necessarily-coordinated group of people) is "running" QAnon and dropping the clues, inverts the apophenia mechanism.  That there are no puzzles, no solutions, no scripts; it's not actually moving toward any endpoint, because the game is playing the players rather than the other way around: the apophenia (and the ensuing chaos) is the point. 

Whether the gamemaster/s dropping the clues is a single scofflaw in the Philippines running 8chan, or a coordinated group under the explicit direction of hostile state actor, or a bunch of distributed incels who don't even know each other IRL and are simultaneously astonished and gleeful that a gazillion people around the world have fallen for their antics which came within a hairs' breadth of bringing down the republic... almost doesn't matter.  At this point the apophenia is the point.

Anyway, that's one game designer's hypothesis.

I was reminded of all this anew as I was gardening (ahhhh spring has finally arrived, here in the New England iceland....) and running this exchange, about extended hands, over in my mind:

and something clicked for me, connecting those September articles and today's exchanges; and I realized it was the concept of compulsion, that very-nearly absolute power to pull folks back into the abyss.  Not just back to Hades for Eurydice, or into salt for poor Lot's wife; but all sorts of modern-day and all too real compulsions, substance abuse and gambling and, yes, gaming and, yes, the rewards of conspiracies.

And then the hands to climb out. 

Two truth that lie in tension with each other:

1. It is an ethical imperative, to keep on extending the hand; and
  2. No one comes out until they WANT to. Ever.

Both “sides” to the extent I have delved in to any of this stuff see a similar situation for the “other side”. Both “sides” see themselves as up in the light of reality and the other in a hole of darkness. 

• Sad 1

On 4/10/2021 at 6:02 PM, Ausmumof3 said:

I used to work in a junior position for a small IT company.  Redirecting is basically just like linking.  Anyone can put a link to another site.  It would be interesting to look up who owns the domain for antifa.  Here you can look up who owns domain names using domain name look up - is that something you can do in the US?  I once got money from a scammer back that way.

Biden seems to me to have a very distinct face - something about the eyes.  But maybe his face type is more common in the US.  Lots of world leaders do use body doubles from time to time but I think it would be hard to pull it off now with the amount of technology we can look at someone’s face close up from a distance.  How widely used is retina scanning or finger print type stuff?

I agree that Biden has a distinctive face (and ear! 😉)  and to me it doesn’t look the same as it did years ago- even allowing for age and plastic surgery  . I don’t want to go on here, but will send you a pm perhaps.