Menu

Again, I am stumped for gift ideas for DDs 3 and 6. What are yours getting?

I love wish lists, this is first yr. w/o one, but that is because dd's are teens. Its like freefalling.

I would go for basics, playing house supplies. Hearthsong and Magic Cabin are great sites to get ideas and set up wish lists if grandparents go online, they can just order from the wish list. We used to do this w/American Girl stuff.

Good luck.

My 6yr old loves her babies and any baby things, so I'm getting her stuff for her baby dolls. It's mostly furniture and stroller type stuff. She's going to love it and I can't wait to give it to her.

The 3 yr old also loves babies and got a stroller and infant seat for her birthday (last month). She loves to carry her baby around in the car seat and when she's not doing that, she's pushing her in the stroller. She also likes the Fisher Price Little People stuff, so I got her a LP pink bus for Christmas as well as a LP tea party. Both girls also got books (6 yr old gets one of planets and outer space-her current enjoyment in books and the 3 yr old is getting A Fish Out of Water-my all time favorite kids' book). My oldest is getting a DVD on volcanoes, another interest of hers.

http://www.rainbowresource.com/product/Pretend+and+Play+Baking+Set/015857/1228677359-2087279

http://www.rainbowresource.com/product/Pretend+and+Play+Cooking+Set/015858/1228677359-2087279

My dd, just turned five, is getting these.

The cooking set is to take outside for mud pies, etc. We have an old play kitchen outside as well.

The baking set is to use in our kitchen. We make our own "play-doh" and this looked like a nice set for making dough creations. She can also use the cookie cutters for actual cookies.

Mine were close to that age last year. They got:

-My Little Pony and Littlest Pet Shop

-paints, pastels, fancy crayons and pencils, glitter pens

-cameras- younger one a Little Tykes one that takes real digital pictures and displays them on the screen and you can hook up to computer and print, the older got a $60 4MP camera. The girls still use their cameras almost daily

-colouring books and fancy craft paper

-karaoke machine

-each got a favourite doll they both really wanted

-oldest recieved a gift card to Barnes & Noble worth $50- she got to go spend this on any books of her choice

-lots of books for the younger

-beading sets

-Little House on the Prairie Paper dolls to go along with our read alouds at night

-jig saw puzzles

-classic novels for read alouds

Gosh there are tons of things I could get the kids at that age. They are so easy to shop for when they are that young. Some other ideas :

-Leapster

-other Leap Frog products that are age appropriate

-how about a big doll house or horse stable- Melissa & Doug has a nice one

-board games- my kids love Twister, Monopoly Jr, various Cranium games

-play-do sets

-toy animals for make believe play

-Melissa and Doug products or other educational toys

-how about the new TAG reading system?

-books on CD or tape

-early readers for your 3yo

-fancy pillowcases for their beds

-new pink comforters or with princess designs

-classic movies- Sound of Music, Mary Poppins, Heidi

Edited by plain jane
adding a few more ideas

Gifts my dd3 has received in the last year or will be getting:

Dress-up clothes/shoes/accessories

Little playsets with small people/animals (she'll be getting a Calico Critters playset for Christmas--these are so sweet)http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=critters+calico&tag=googhydr-20&index=toys-and-games&hvadid=1104376901&ref=pd_sl_41sqeea49i_b

dolls/blankets/clothes/gear

hello kitty stuff

wooden food with cutting board

tea set

this cute, floating stovetop for the bath http://www.leapsandbounds.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=345760&cmSource=Search which they use out of the bath, too--they can take it anywhere in the house

princess castle

small tinkerbell doll

madeline doll (you can buy on ebay) and other madeline stuff

books

DVDs

New crayons and coloring books.

Coloring books/paper doll books/stickers that match your read-alouds. I'm thinking of getting the "Little House" boxed set, paper dolls, and some Lincoln Logs for my dd's 4th B-day. She loves to act out what we've been reading.

Audio books

Rainbow resource has magnet and felt doll sets that look cute.

Target has those roller skates you hook on to your shoes. I loved those as a kid, and I know my dc have those coming this year.

a very simple tea cart. It was so cheap I was kind of angry but it turned out to be the best gift ever. When she became to big for it she cried. It was just plastic but she loved playing house with it and restraunt. She already had a few dishes, she would play with it for hours with her dolls and teddies, and we often had to be includes.

When she was 6 dress up was the big thing, we never had enough dresses and shoes at 12 she is just now parting with all the gowns.

I miss those years, my grandson at 5 is all about DS and Wii games.

DH and I waffled on this for days..... her big sisters are getting iPods.

BUT, there was nothing else "big" like that she wanted - so she is getting one too. It's nuts - but she is my techno baby anyway..... We said if we found something else for her before CHristmas we'd end up doing that - but we haven't yet.

Here sisters are getting her some toy thing..... she'd love most anything list above though! (i just really didn't want to listen to her the bigs getting the Nano and her not - and they are getting the older style from teh refurb section at apple)

My dds (4yo and 2yo) are getting: a couple playmobil sets, a fisher price kid's digital camera, a gears set, a sit and spin, and a little playtent. A kid's yoga video and a small lite brite. The movie Enchanted. Grandma is buying them a bunch of dress up clothes (halloween costumes from the day after sales).

Other stuff on their list is games, stamps and sticker books, puzzles, travel toys (that they can play with in the car). And books, always books. :001_smile:

It has been SO fun to shop for them this year!

My 5.5 yo dd will be getting an Our Generation doll and 3 outfits from Target because she likes dolls, but I'm not willing to risk an American Girl yet. For less than $60, she'll have a nice doll wardrobe and a big girl doll. She'll also be getting the original Colorforms, fairy dollhouse dolls with tree blocks, and Colorix crayons. She already got a Barbie Christmas ballerina doll for St. Nicholas' Day which she loves, but the shoes require a lot of mom time to put back on and fasten with rubber bands.

Dd loves dress up too, but she has several dresses, a cape and silkies that we've accumulated over the last 2 years and they still fit.

My 3 year old dd is getting Baby Alive(Amazon had this for $18.99 last week), cupcake playdough thing, Elmers no mess Hello Kitty Paint set, pink fp doctors kit, sleeping beauty purse with "makeup", cellphone and sunglasses, little petshop puzzle

Some other ideas; color wonders, crayola has some great sets of crayons, markers etc. paints, smocks/aprons(monogrammed), wheeled backpacks, wooden food that can be "cut", jewelry box, dress up jewels, scarfs, gloves, hats, shoes, blocks, lego has a pink girl set, vanity if you have the room, dollhouse, littlest pet shop, my little pony.

ETA: On 3rd Christmas' for the boys I always got them drs kit, magnadoodle, view master, play dough set, mr potato head, some game like cooties, ants in the pants, memory, etc.

Edited by lynn

We already gave our presents because we go shopping on Black Friday, but don't celebrate Christmas.

My DD got a pen to use for decorator's frosting. It has batteries so the icing comes out without squeezing or pushing anything. It is from Easy Bake, we just use it on our regular cupcakes. It works really well.

We also got a kitchen set for both of the kids to play with, including metal pots and pans and a playdo set to make fake food with.

She loves Barbie styling heads. They have a new one with fingernails to paint as well.

The gift I really wish I could get her is a play horse to ride on. They hold up to 100 pounds, and are only $99. She has a horse that she can sit on (we got it at a garage sale). She named it and plays with it--loves it.

My girls will be 4 and 6 in March.

Sylvia is getting a LOT of My Little Pony things. She's also got some Moon Sand, an Etch a Sketch... she's a lot harder to buy for than Becca.

Becca is getting an I Love Horses jewelry kit and pillow, a jewelry box, some activities for studying the human body, a beginner's microscope, a hop ball...

Each girl will be getting a bike and several games to share (Monopoly Jr., Twister Hopscotch, Hyper Dash, I Can Do That), as well as a learning cash register and of course - BOOKS! :D

They enjoy playing with:

1. Art supplies -- this could go on ALL DAY, if Mama didn't have work to do in the kitchen! But we do tolerate the messes to encourage the artists. What do we get? Crayons and colored pencils (Crayola Twistables are great), glue sticks, watercolor paints, construction paper, glue sticks, glitter pens, glitter glue, chalk, pipe cleaners, cotton balls, glue sticks, tissue paper, small Fiskars scissors, glue sticks, sandpaper, felt, school glue, rice, beans, and did I mention glue sticks?

2. "Baby Stuff" -- at this age, that's a good thing, LOL! They have three strollers, so we're covered in that area... but *(GASP)* only one high chair! So Aunt Barbara is getting them a second high chair for Christmas. We will still have to share. ;) BUT there will be a baby swing, a new baby carrier, and (I think) some other baby "stuff." This is always a big hit. If your girls are into playing with baby dolls, you could get a pack of Size 1 diapers (the real thing) and a package of preemie onesies -- we saved ours and the girls do love to put the diapers on and off and on and off and on and off..... Actually, it's Mommy who does this right now. :glare:

3. "Grocery Store" -- we have a tub of plastic food, a little "stove" (really small, fits on a table top), and a little cabinet in the kitchen, just for their grocery store/food/cooking things. Into the cabinet go all the boxes of corn muffin mix, raisin box, yogurt tub, cottage cheese tub, etc. It's a different form of recycling! :D My girls pretend to make soup. Yesterday the soup du jour was "Carrot Hot Dog Potato Chip Grapefruit." Yummy. For Christmas their Grammy is getting them a little "blender" and a little "mixer." I'm getting a THIRD (child-sized) BROOM! No more beating sister on the head with the broom! Now if I could only get them to mop, too...

4. Blocks & Magtastic -- someone gave us the blocks. Someone else gave us the Magtastic. Maybe if I had boys, I'd be more excited about these, but my girls are not as enthusiastic about building as they are about playing dolls, kitchen, store, and house. It is a nice diversion, though.

5. Kumon books -- we have Easy Mazes, Tracing, Numbers, etc. I cut out the pages and put them in plastic sheet protectors and put them in a 2" three-ring binder with a marker case full of dry erase markers and an old wash cloth in the pocket. My oldest enjoys doing these on her own.

6. Melissa and Doug -- this company has some nice wooden toys that I think are good quality and reasonably priced.

7. Clothes -- the toddlers are just now becoming aware of clothes that are new ("Pretty shirt"), but the almost 4 year old will definitely enjoy getting some new clothes, especially pajamas. (Why pajamas? I'm curious, over the years I've noticed that 3-4 year olds seem to LOVE getting and wearing pajamas.)

8. Activities/Outings -- Last weekend we went to "Brunch with Santa" ($5/each), and last night we went to "Winter Wonderland" for free at a local park. It was night time, there were pretty lights, AND it snowed! Next week we go to a free Christmas concert that will have over 100 children and adults singing in it. After that, our church's activities will be in full gear. I think this is part of the magic of Christmas for 3-6 year olds. For example, it may not be a gift UNDER the tree, but if you and your children go out to get a real tree (if possible), then that will create a memory.

9. Books -- I'm still working on this one! No rush, right?

10. Peace -- Hopefully, we will also give our children the gift of happy, peace-filled parents and a joyful home during the holidays.

Thank you, everyone, so much! I'm a little disturbed by the fact that we already own SO MUCH of the stuff you all listed :( No wonder I'm :willy_nilly: trying to keep this place clean. Some of you mentioned things I'd forgotten I'd wanted to add to the list (Monopoly Jr.), and the idea of wish lists at the sites never occurred to me! Although, Newbie, that was a bad idea for me. I spent half the day poring over the Hearthsong site--ugh! Now I want everything on there :lol: I didn't even go to Magic Cabin because I knew I'd have the same problem.

Thank you all!