Menu

Help me find some NICE looking demin blue jeans!!!

sheryl

DD and I went shopping the other day and I miss wearing nice looking jeans. 

I'm on the shorter side (but will not wear petites as the proportions are always off)

Dare I say I'm overweight so would like a slimming denim blue jean

As I type this I'm wearing jeans with an elasticized waist band!  I'd like to get away from the "full" elastic band.  Would consider just the back with a flat front.

DD and I are thinking high waisted, skinny jeans.   Is that good?

What would you recommend?  BRAND?  LINK!

Thanks!   :)

Edited by sheryl

I just bought these and I love them!

Search on Amazon: Signature by Levi Strauss & Co Women's Curvy Straight Jean

I wear an 18, so definitely plus-sized. They are so stretchy and forgiving in the waist. They are a slim-fitting straight leg. They also have a skinny jean in this "curvy" line.

They are stretchy but not so much you see everything, you know? And they look cute and with flats.

• Like 1

I love my JAG Nora jeans! They are so comfy, but look really nice, IMO. They do not have a zipper or button, which makes them very comy. I do not think anybody can tell that they don't have a zipper, fly, or button. I wear mine just about daily. 

https://www.zappos.com/p/jag-jeans-nora-pull-on-skinny-in-comfort-denim-in-durango-wash-durango-wash/product/8987756/color/358172?ef_id=WBHq-AAAAHdTz6Pd:20171110014833:s

• Like 2

Thanks for both!

Alison, "plus" or no?

I ordered a size 18 medium (I'm 5'4"ish), regular sizes. (I think 18 is as high as it goes in the "regular" listing.)

I have the same exact jeans but without the "curvy" specification (they're like $5 cheaper) and they feel quite similar. The Curvy ones maybe have a little more stretch and fit more comfortably at the waist. (For me, anyways.)

• Like 1

How about these hi-waisted skinny jeggings (they really do look like jeans) from American Eagle?  Don't let the skinny legs of the model throw you off.  My DD wears them and looks great, and she has extra in the waist, behind, and legs.  Go with the dark wash "deep sea blue".

ETA: Read through some of the comments to get a good idea about sizing.

Edited by ChrisB
  • Like 1

Jag is an awesome brand, wearing a dark wash pair right now. They have a wide elastic waistband, that is comfortable and is very flattering with hip length or longer shirts.

Another brand I like that has a traditional waistband/zipper is Democracy. The Ab-Solution ones fit well.

• Like 3

I love my Kut from the Kloth jeans.

I gave up on finding any other jeans that work for me. They're consistent in quality and size and there's a ton of styles. You can probably find them cheaper somewhere else, but here's an idea http://bit.ly/2zs6uBI

I'm not a fashion maven, but I'm not sure I'd do high-waisted skinny jeans if I was shorter and not super skinny. Don't high-waisted jeans massively accenuate your derrière? Idk, though, really. Did you already try them on and like them?

• Like 1

Have you tried Torrid? I absolutely hate buying jeans bc I am short and overweight and could never find them to fit and that are flattering. I love Torrid jeans and that is the only place I go now. I get the short skinny jeans or the short curvy skinny jeans.

• Like 2

Not Your Daughter's Jeans

Drop you one full size in appearance.

Come in women's sizes.

A variety of styles.

Made of stretch denim but they don't look stretchy.

For instance:  https://shop.nordstrom.com/c/womens-not-your-daughters-jeans?top=72&flexi=8000786_60126871&size=%272%3Aplus18w~~203%27%7C%272%3Aplus20w~~204%27%7C%272%3Aplus22w~~205%27

• Like 2

I love American Eagle. I'm 5'2", 160 pounds and I wear a 12 short. They are very flattering and slimming. My favorite are the Artist Flare, in the dark wash. I have four pair! Two dark, two light.

https://www.ae.com/women-artist-flare-jean-purssian-dark/web/s-prod/1435_9969_935?cm=sUS-cUSD

Edited by meganrussell
  • Like 2

Thanks!  I really like these suggestions.   However, I'm looking for high waisted (high rise).  DD suggested it.  And, after researching, I learned high waisted on shorter women, like me, makes us look taller (longer legs). 

I always liked wearing Lee when I was a size 10 (far from that now!).  Will check out the others but some of the pics look like low/mid waist jeans.  Also, I'm really NOT wanting elastic all around.   It will be fun to look more in-depth at these suggestions!  

If I’m being perfectly honest, I’m in the market for some jeggings I can wear with tunics. They’re smoother than jeans under long tops and they feel like pajamas.

Talbots has a good jegging. I am wearing a pair right now. They have a good, high waist, which I would not wear with anything tucked in, but I love under tunic-length.

• Like 1

This is turning out to be more difficult than I imagined.  One of you said this upthread! LOL!  It's true; it's hard!

I'm looking for a pair of mostly cotton demin jeans that lay (is that the right word, or lie?) just above the belly button.  I found out I do NOT want high waisted/high rise jeans as the definition says they lay 3" above the b.b.   Mid rise lays just below the bb. Isn't there one that lays at a 1/2 - 1" above bb? 

This is hard?  I've looked at every suggestion given to me but the "drop" in front from top of band to bottom of zipper is very short which I'm incline to say is low rise or mid rise, at the very most.

HELP! 

For those of you that like JAG jeans, how do you keep them up?  I have a pair, and while I like how they look, I spend all day tugging them back up.  I bought a size down when I purchased them.

I have this problem with lots of pants, but it's because I have no booty.  For people with a booty, the booty keeps them up!

Alloy has Layla jeans that are midrise and fit me like you describe.  Right now they only have the distressed ones though.  The pair I bought was a dark wash.

So, your pair is tagged as "mid size" but in reality it lands at your belly button?  At, above, where exactly?  And, how tall are you?

So, your pair is tagged as "mid size" but in reality it lands at your belly button?  At, above, where exactly?  And, how tall are you?

At the belly button, I'm 5'10 but get the tall size, so it should be proportionate.  

Adding, maybe slightly below when they shift down some.  See above "lack-of-booty" problem! :)

Edited by goldberry
  • Like 1

At the belly button, I'm 5'10 but get the tall size, so it should be proportionate.  

Adding, maybe slightly below when they shift down some.  See above "lack-of-booty" problem! :)

OK, thanks!   I guess I'm too visual for my own good, sometimes.  The models make the jean look so different. But, they are what I'm not LOL - 5'10 or so and size 2 or 4.  :)

I'll check them out. 

OK, thanks!   I guess I'm too visual for my own good, sometimes.  The models make the jean look so different. But, they are what I'm not LOL - 5'10 or so and size 2 or 4.  :)

I'll check them out. 

Oh, I'm a 13 or 15 in Alloy brand.  10-12 normally.  Still no booty, though! ;)

• Like 1

I am 5' 2", am hourglass-shaped, and wear 10P jeans. I have a pair of NYJD jeans that rise over my bb that are really comfotable. The denim is incredibly soft in this pair. I got them in a thrift store, though, so I can't link. Thrift store are great places to find jeans because they have many different brands. Another brand I like is Bandolino.

• Like 2

I’m not sure if you were asking me, but the democracy jeans cover the belly button, have a good amount of give and a really comfortable waist band.

Do they appear to sit differently b/c they are on "tall" models?  I'll have to check them out, again!  :)