Menu

DS 4. Had a seizure last night.

MommyLiberty5013

Prayers for your dc!

Have they checked him for diabetes? Just asking because we've dealt with a couple hypoglycemic seizures and they're pretty violent.

(((Hugs)))

Don't hypoglycemic seizures happen because of too much insulin?  So, they'd only happen in a diabetic who is being treated with insulin, not one who is undiagnosed?

I think that hyperglycemia can cause seizures too, but I imagine they checked for that. 

I'm glad that your son is better and that you have a diagnosis.

Two small items to pass on to you: long-term epilepsy meds can cause vitamin d deficiency and if your son was prescribed keppra a daily dose of b6 can help with the initial mood side effects. Good luck.

• Like 1

You sound like you are coping as well as can be expected. It's hard, and so scary the first time because you've never seen any of this before and don't know what will happen. I remember when my baby girl went limp after a seizure and I thought she was now paralyzed! And having to give the rescue medicine is scary at first because you don't know how they'll react (it's always worked perfectly for dd at the lowest dose). But you know where your strength comes from and you'll be able to go through whatever you need to go through with your son. God's peace to you.