Menu

Comfy pants, NOT leggings

busymama7

I do not wear leggings by choice unless with a pretty longish tunic or something. I'm going on a trip with issued t shirts each day and I need another pair of pants or two. I will take jeans too but would like something sorta sweats like but not sweats and not yoga pants or leggings. My shirts are a bit long on me as I am very short but chubby and went up a size so they wouldn't be tight on my stomach but have lost a bit so they are a bit looser and longer than a normal t shirt. I'm about a size 18 or 20 so anything tight would not be an option even if I didn't have a stance against leggings as pants ;)

I don't care all that much what I look like but want to be comfy and not self conscious. I posted for help with my shoes and ended up with these:

Skechers Sport Women's Breathe Easy Lucky Lady Mary Jane Flat, Charcoal Knit Mesh/Gray Trim, 7.5 M US https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01B64B1MO/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_FLP6bOTEeIyjY

Love them! Breaking them in this week.

Thanks for any help. Prefer Amazon or other fast shipper.

ETA: I've been browsing a bit and maybe yoga pants would be ok if they aren't tight in the rear. Straight or boot legged maybe?

Edited by busymama7

I know some will pooh-pooh them but I have a couple pairs of pajama jeans that I wear on long car trips.  They are comfortable and look decent.  I am in the same size range you are and in the skinny cut I go up a size (20-22) and in the bootcut I can wear the 16-18.  I am also short but have a 30" inseam so I get the regular with a 30-31" inseam.  They do have a petite as well.  The darker washes look more like real jeans than the vintage wash.

I get them at Amazon

HTH

Amber in SJ

• Like 1

I love the LL Bean Perfect Fit knit pants.  They are comfortable and flattering.  I usually get the boot-cut, but they also have straight leg.  They also have petite sizes if you want a shorter leg.  I generally wear 14-16 in pants and buy size large in the perfect fit pants.

I also like the Lands End Starfish Pants.  They are a basic knit pant that is a step up from yoga pants.  Best of all you can return to Sears if you don't like them :)

Amber in SJ

As soon as I read the OP I thought of both of these.  I have a slight preference for LL Bean's, but both are very nice!  

You want something with a bit of lycra so the knees don't bag out immediately.  Both these have it (or something similar).  Lands End has another line - Sport Knit pants - that are 100% cotton (or were last time I looked at them) which are not going to look nice after sitting in them  for a while.

ETA: In both LLB's and LE's, I wear the straight leg.  I prefer boot cut, but they are cut a little too slim in the thigh for me. 

Edited by marbel
  • Like 1

There's a yoga pant at Target that is not tight. They've got something like premium in the name. My google isn't cooperating this morning.

I live in these all summer: http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?vid=1&pid=338335022 (order a mix of sizes--the misses fit me better than the plus, but I normally wear plus.)

From amazon, check Jag Jeans brand (they have twill options) and XCVI (might only be zappos). Much more expensive though.

Edited by zoobie
  • Like 1

I found some quick-dry Cloudveil pants at Costco last year. They are super comfy and actually look pretty decent. The bottoms can be rolled up and buttoned in place to make them capri length. I layer them in the winter with long-johns, as the material is quite thin. 

These are possibly them:

https://www.amazon.com/Cloudveil-Womens-Cool-Pant-Vetiver/dp/B001OMGH6E/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_pdt_img_top?ie=UTF8

Edited by wintermom

ETA: I've been browsing a bit and maybe yoga pants would be ok if they aren't tight in the rear. Straight or boot legged maybe?

I get annoyed with panti-lines and the tightness of yoga pants. They also tend to shrink for me. I prefer a little looser fit in the hips/rear, and don't buy yoga pants anymore.

I like yoga pants from Walmart. I know, I know. They fade quickly, but new, they look great. They are not a tight style, but looser like real pants. And very comfortable. The brand is Danskin Now.

I'm wearing these right now! I like the semi-fitted ones. They fit like a comfy pair of pants. 

The lands end starfish pants are comfy like yoga pants, but look like dress pants and even have pockets. I just wore a charcoal grey pair to a meeting and it looked like I had on a nice pair of slacks. 

You need my new favorite pants. They are Made for Life Cargo Pants. They are a wonderfully stretchy, but hold their shape. The fabric is light and breathable, yet strong. They travel beautifully. It says cargo pants, but in no way is it a bulky pant. They are flattering and slimming. They are available in petite sizes. You can dress them up or down. I could go from wearing them at the gym to wearing them for a night on the town by changing up my shirt, shoes and accessories. Don't take just my opinion, they have an average review of 4.8 out of 5 stars. 

• Like 1

Do those wrinkle and is the white see though?  (they have talls, yay!)

They're a linen blend, so they don't wrinkle like linen. They don't need to be ironed. They do have a comfy, worn look, so if you want crisp, these aren't the pants for you. I haven't bought the white ones, but I bought the pants based on seeing the white ones on a fellow baseball mom. She has four boys and wears the white all summer. They didn't seem see-through to me, but I had a newborn and was chasing an insane 2 year old, so I didn't really focus on much else. ;) She's rather conservative, so I can't imagine she would wander around in see-through pants. Her mom is a hoot and would totally tell her daughter that her butt was showing. Now, those are pants from 3 seasons ago--so maybe now they're made of paper. 

I didn't need the talls and am 5'8" tall. The regular length were a little long on me in most of them. They shrunk a bit in the wash, and it wasn't enough to make me want to hem them. (Quality control not really their strong point.) 

• Like 2

I know some will pooh-pooh them but I have a couple pairs of pajama jeans that I wear on long car trips.  They are comfortable and look decent.  I am in the same size range you are and in the skinny cut I go up a size (20-22) and in the bootcut I can wear the 16-18.  I am also short but have a 30" inseam so I get the regular with a 30-31" inseam.  They do have a petite as well.  The darker washes look more like real jeans than the vintage wash.

I get them at Amazon

HTH

Amber in SJ

I second taking a look at pajama pants.  I was going to post that some of the best non-schooling advice I had gotten was from someone on these boards who recommended pajama pants from Target (they have a brand that sells solid-color pj pants that I swear are not noticeably distinguishable from office pants).  I have several pair in several colors, one or two pair even have some pockets.  I don't wear them when it is hot out because hot here requires crops or shorter, but I do get several months' wear each fall/winter/spring.  No one yet has caught on, and they are quite inexpensive.   :D   They also pack well.

There's a yoga pant at Target that is not tight. They've got something like premium in the name. My google isn't cooperating this morning.

I live in these all summer: http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?vid=1&pid=338335022 (order a mix of sizes--the misses fit me better than the plus, but I normally wear plus.)

From amazon, check Jag Jeans brand (they have twill options) and XCVI (might only be zappos). Much more expensive though.

I just ordered the Old navy ones with high hopes....2 different sizes, pants and crops.  Hopefully 1 or 2 will fit.  If they had navy in the crops I would be all set :-)  Just a note, they are on sale for $12-13 today.