Menu

SASH bag...does anybody own one of these?

ProudGrandma

well, maybe you guys can help me find something that is crossbody, that holds the basic things without hurting my back or shoulders.    Something that doesn't look like a travel bag, but rather something that looks a tad bit nicer.  

I am just exploring my options....can't spend a lot of money...

we are going to DC in May and I want something that I can wear that won't get in the way when I am walking, biking, hopping on the metro..

what options do you suggest??

I have a Healthy Back Bag, but I am getting tired of how that looks.....I would love something different. 

https://www.amazon.com/KAVU-Kavu-Rope-Bag-Fable/dp/B01HX3OLJ2/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1486074995&sr=8-8&keywords=kavu+bags

The Kavu bags are really popular around here.  I think they have sort of an outdoorsy, rock climbing kind of feel.  They are a cross body bag that fits really securely and doesn't swing around and knock down a small child like a backpack does.  I bought the bag that I linked above for my oldest dd for Christmas.  Her younger sister has it in a plain rusty orange, and it is really cute!  It holds a lot but is not too bulky.

So, not the sash bag, but something kind of fun.

well, maybe you guys can help me find something that is crossbody, that holds the basic things without hurting my back or shoulders.    Something that doesn't look like a travel bag, but rather something that looks a tad bit nicer.  

we are going to DC in May and I want something that I can wear that won't get in the way when I am walking, biking, hopping on the metro..

I have a Healthy Back Bag, but I am getting tired of how that looks.....I would love something different. 

I use a Vera Bradley very small crossbody bag.  It holds the essentials.  It is very light weight.

• Like 1

I agree!

The only thing worst than this fugly purses are the videos they've made to promote them. Yikes!!!

At least the girl with a (normally) unattractive purse gets asked for a date (even if it is by a loser who spaced out on carrying his phone). 

Edited by Spy Car

https://www.amazon.com/KAVU-Kavu-Rope-Bag-Fable/dp/B01HX3OLJ2/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1486074995&sr=8-8&keywords=kavu+bags

The Kavu bags are really popular around here.  I think they have sort of an outdoorsy, rock climbing kind of feel.  They are a cross body bag that fits really securely and doesn't swing around and knock down a small child like a backpack does.  I bought the bag that I linked above for my oldest dd for Christmas.  Her younger sister has it in a plain rusty orange, and it is really cute!  It holds a lot but is not too bulky.

So, not the sash bag, but something kind of fun.

this looks kind of what I have now..http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001CE0Z9O/ref=twister_B001CE0ZJ4?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1  only yours is more fun.

I am looking for something that could be a tad bit nicer looking...but still very comfortable and functional.

• Like 1

They do look a little like the playground patrol sashes teachers wear. They just need to be "safety orange."  :laugh:

Or a girl scout uniform. We can earn mom badges and sew them on.

I'm working on my "Parenting a Young Adult" badge. I've already checked off "Bite your tongue to the point of bleeding" and "Gracefully let her move back home."

• Like 13

The only thing worst than this fugly purses are the videos they've made to promote them. Yikes!!!

At least the girl with a (normally) unattractive purse gets asked for a date (even if it is by a loser who spaced out on carrying his phone).

I LOVE this ad because it's so ridiculous! Also, I think the Sash bag is too hideous. You couldn't give me one.

I am an evangelist for minimalist purses. I use a Vera Bradley wristlet that can be turned into a crossbody. The dimensions are the same as my phone, and the compartment fits cards, cash and coins. If I'm going to be somewhere that I need to have more carrying power (knitting, water bottle, iPad), I use a tote bag. If I'm traveling, I use a backpack. I never, ever carry around a bunch of clutter anymore. I quit that when my car window was smashed in and my purse stolen in broad daylight at a soccer field.

• Like 1

I have at minimum my wallet (which is fairly large because I have a lot of cards....debit card, Costco card, Target red card, Sam's card, credit card, insurance cards (3), library card, science center membership card, zoo membership card, and some gift cards, plus my ID. 

Phone.

Wipes of some kind for dirty faces/hands

lip balm or lipstick

eye drops 

Poop bags for dog (just a few)

keys

Then whatever randomness is in there.....right now that means a rawhide chew, a stick my son insisted we save, a flower my daughter found, and a granola bar. 

A wristlet won't cut it, lol. 

• Like 1

I have at minimum my wallet (which is fairly large because I have a lot of cards....debit card, Costco card, Target red card, Sam's card, credit card, insurance cards (3), library card, science center membership card, zoo membership card, and some gift cards, plus my ID.

Phone.

Wipes of some kind for dirty faces/hands

lip balm or lipstick

eye drops

Poop bags for dog (just a few)

keys

Then whatever randomness is in there.....right now that means a rawhide chew, a stick my son insisted we save, a flower my daughter found, and a granola bar.

A wristlet won't cut it, lol.

I made this happen in spite of all that stuff I believed I had to carry. (Told you I was an evangelist for the wristlet!) my wristlet is my wallet; it zippers open with the card slots, bill holder and coin pouch. I pared down cards so there are no extras in there. I have store loyalty cards in mini form, if they are needed at all (most times a phone number will suffice); these are on my key chain, which has a carabiner that I clip to my wristlet strap.

All these things:

Eye drops

Pens

Tissues

Ladies products

Lip balm/color

Sunscreen

Cough drops

Charging cable

Breath mints

Etc.

I keep in my car. If I will be unable to access a car all day or for several hours where these things will be needed, I use my backpack. The wristlet is then just like a wallet within the backpack. If I really have to have those things with me (i.e., someone is unwell, or period needs attention, we're in strong sun for hours), I bring a tote bag and again, the wristlet acts just like a wallet.

Part of what's bad about carrying a big bag all the time is that everyone will assume you can carry all their garbage around as well. If you have a little wristlet, you don't end up carrying around somebody's Very Important Stick. If it's so important, they can carry it. ;)

Yup. I'm fanatical about less is more for purses! Having my purse stolen was very upsetting (and the damage to my car cost >$700) but the good thing about it was that I totally and permanently changed my view of carrying a purse. I don't carry a standard purse anymore ever. Wristlet that can be a crossbody for most things; tote with wristlet as wallet for when I know I have to carry some things like knitting or books; backpack for travel/all day events where a wristlet is insufficient. :)

RTA: fixed the redundancy

Edited by Quill
  • Like 2

I don't think a wristlet would do it for me...and a big bag is...is well...too big...so i am still looking for the "perfect" bag....something that looks nice, but is functional...something that is comfortable for walking and biking all over DC in the spring.  

Hoping for some specific suggestions here.

thanks.

Is the strap adjustable?  I can't tell. 

I like the concept.  I go for functional with this stuff.  I don't carry a bag of any kind unless I absolutely have to.  I have a men's wallet that I keep in my back pocket.  Pretty much only when on vacation do I have to get some sort of bag.  I like bags I can wear across my shoulder comfortably.  They have to be widely adjustable though because I'm short. 

• Like 1

Is the strap adjustable?  I can't tell. 

I like the concept.  I go for functional with this stuff.  I don't carry a bag of any kind unless I absolutely have to.  I have a men's wallet that I keep in my back pocket.  Pretty much only when on vacation do I have to get some sort of bag.  I like bags I can wear across my shoulder comfortably.  They have to be widely adjustable though because I'm short. 

yes, the strap is adjustable. 

• Like 1

Baggallini has some nice smallish cross bodies with lots of pockets. I love their organization, but I don't like how they hang. 

Not pushing ebags here, it was just a handy link to show the variety. http://www.ebags.com/category/handbags/cross-body-bags/b/baggallini?origin=left_nav

I have one of these (I got it at TJ Maxx). 

I got it for the fact it fit across my body. 

It's fine for walking around.  It wouldn't work for biking or be so great for hiking.  Or basically anything that was more active than just walking around. 

Baggallini has some nice smallish cross bodies with lots of pockets. I love their organization, but I don't like how they hang. 

Not pushing ebags here, it was just a handy link to show the variety. http://www.ebags.com/category/handbags/cross-body-bags/b/baggallini?origin=left_nav

Does anyone know if the Baggalini mini-crossover is large enough to hold a Kindle paperwhite? 

I like a small crossover-style bag, but it has to be large enough to hold my paperwhite. I've been carrying the same Vera Bradley for several years, but a 4 year old girl at church told me that it was a retired pattern, so...well...maybe I need a new one. I don't want a print anymore for that reason... :huh:

I am a big fan of the PacSafe bags. I got this one for our Disney World trip and it was fabulous!

https://www.amazon.com/Pacsafe-Luggage-Metrosafe-Shoulder-Black/dp/B006QKRLNW/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1486132558&sr=8-9&keywords=pacsafe+purse

That one is bigger and can get a little heavy when it gets filled up with stuff, so I would like to get a smaller one too. Something like this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Pacsafe-Citysafe-Anti-Theft-Cross-Body-Travel/dp/B018X0ELW6/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1486132558&sr=8-6&keywords=pacsafe+purse

I have the Mosey Life convertible backpack; I find it at TJMaxx and I love it. It's hard to find online now, apparently, but you can see videos of it to see if it's something you might like and still find it somewhere:

http://luggage-sets.net/shop/mosey-life-convertible-backpack/

It has so many pockets that I can really organize things and I love it for traveling.

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...

I know this thread is old, but somehow I stumbled on it and wanted to reply because the Sash bag is one of my top favorite products ever. I'm in love with how comfortable and secure it is. It doesn't pull on my neck the way other bags do and I am not worried about losing it because it stays on me at all times! I have two leather sash bags and a cloth one as well. I just love that everything is so easily accessible (I can pull out my keys and phone without looking) and the card slots allowed me to ditch a wallet all together which has been another load off my back. I love how they look too and the customer service is great! Seriously I have nothing but good things to say about it. If you want a coupon code PM me.

I love my Vera Bradley Hipster bag for traveling. Lightweight, lots of pockets, zip top close, adjustable strap. 

​I wore this a solid week in Orlando-  I travel a lot and this was a fun and practical bag to wear all day long. 

I tried to do a link but failed--google Vera Bradley Hipster and you'll find images of this just the right size bag. 

Remember to not stuff it full of other people's stuff....you know like stuff your kids hand you. :)

Edited --- just realized this was an old thread revived by a possible Sash salesperson. Sigh.

Edited by Happy

I love my Vera Bradley Hipster bag for traveling. Lightweight, lots of pockets, zip top close, adjustable strap. 

​I wore this a solid week in Orlando-  I travel a lot and this was a fun and practical bag to wear all day long. 

I tried to do a link but failed--google Vera Bradley Hipster and you'll find images of this just the right size bag. 

Remember to not stuff it full of other people's stuff....you know like stuff your kids hand you. :)

Edited --- just realized this was an old thread revived by a possible Sash salesperson. Sigh.

Hi Happy, I totally understand why ya'll might think I am a sales person because I am obviously enthusiastic. I'm a blogger and I love introducing people to new products. I assure you that I do not in any way work for Sash. I have a coupon code to share that gets me discounts of future purchases as well as a discount for the buyer, but I was genuinely responding to the thread because I stumbled across it in a search. Sorry if old threads shouldn't be resurrected, I'm not a frequent poster and it's been awhile since I read the rules. I know how annoying it is when weirdos come on your forum and post spam though so I want to make sure you guys know I'm genuinely a homeschool mom who joined the forum to read about math curriculum. In fact I am a second gen. homeschooler, does that give me double street cred?   :hurray: