Menu

s/o Who was the VP when you were born? (The forgotten men?)

Spirol Agnew and Gerald Ford

So we know your birthday: October 10, 1973. I was in high school on that unusual day. And it was noteworthy because my congressman became VP.

ETA: My memory may not be quite right here. I don't think that Agnew's resignation was immediately followed by Ford's nomination to the position on the same day. If something had happened to Nixon on October 11, 1973, the Speaker of the House, Carl Albert, was positioned to become president. Now who remembers Carl Albert? Certainly not I!

Edited by Jane in NC

Agnew

My dh is named after the VP the year he was born. His name is Humphrey. His parents' wanted a name that began with H. I'm glad they didn't go with Hubert. :)

We traveled to Minnesota this summer and dh got a kick out of getting his picture taken under every Humphrey sign at the airport.

George Bush Sr.

Which means that during my entire life time the Bush's have been either president or a breath away from the presidency apart from the 8 years of Clinton.

Did you know that for those under the age of 35 have never voted in an election where the winner was not named Bush or Clinton. :001_smile: