Menu

Don't you expect

Night Elf

long lines at places like clothing stores this close to Christmas? I was standing in line and the couple behind me were talking about the line. It really wasn't even that long and all the registers were open, but she was complaining she had to wait. He was trying to calm her down by saying the line was moving and all the registers were open and they would be through in no time. She sounded surprised that there was a line. I expected it before I even left my house! It was worth the wait though. With a coupon and my rewards, I got a free nightgown for myself.

• Like 7

I got surprised last week.  

We have a tiny Walmart at the edge of my neighborhood.  It's only 12 months old, and it's never busy.  Our neighborhood tends to run snobbish liberals, and i've had more than one neighbor duck their head in shame at being caught shopping at the evil empire.  :D  The bonus for me is that it's truly a convenience store...easy to get in, get out, no wait...ever.  Last Christmas, I did a lot of shopping there because of it, but the store was only a month old.

I went last Friday at lunchtime, and it was CRAZEE.  So many lines, so many people.  I was honestly shocked.  

Depends on how expensive the store is.  The more expensive, the more annoyed I am at long lines.  I mean to a point.  I am not generally that impatient.  But if you are charging me top dollar and you don't have enough people working there I'm not going to be happy.

I went to Target yesterday to buy a notebook.  They were pretty mobbed, but they had a lot of people working there so it wasn't bad at all.

It was Kohl's and with all the registers open, it really didn't take long. I've waited longer at that store during non-holiday time. I was pleasantly surprised.

I have never been to Kohl's when there was not a line. They generally have some of the worst lines I've ever waited in all year long. The week before Christmas I wouldn't be caught dead near a Kohl's unless I was picking up an online order, which is the only way I shop Kohl's anymore because the lines are always long whether they have tons of opened registers or not.

• Like 1