Menu

For those of you missing politics...

JFK, and the reason I know that is:

DH is 5 1/2 years older than I, and grew up in Dallas. A few months after he started school, the classroom door burst open, and in ran a passel of police officers, who grabbed one of his classmates and ran out. It turned out that 'little Johnny' was the son of some local official. JFK had just been shot in the city, and emergency measures had been triggered, in case a full-scale attack was in progress.

Laura

I remember Nixon well. My mom was very involved in the McGovern campaign in 72', we went door-to-door for what seemed like hours. I also remember going to see Nixon as he drive threw our town, Larchmont NY, with my friend. Her parents supported Nixon. He never got out of the limo, just breezed past. It did not make for an enjoyable afternoon, but it was another small piece of history for me.

That would be Dwight Eisenhower. Let me join that blue-hair club.

I do remember JFK's assassination because it took place on my 4th birthday!

So, do the math and you'll all know exactly how old I am. :001_smile:

Edited by Katia
goof

LBJ

I remember Reagan being shot. Was in high school and skipped study hall to watch TV in teacher's workroom. Ran down to office to announce president was shot. Amazingly, nobody asked how I knew. Principal verified and made the sad announcement to the student body. I just loved Reagan. He was a true hero.

I also happened to catch it on TV. I was walking through a JC Penneys. When I walked past the TV section the news was just breaking. I got absorbed and totally forgot that my mother was waiting for me in the car. She was very mad when I finally showed up. That lasted until I told her what happened. Her reply was not again!

I just went out for a walk, and realized that I am indeed an Eisenhower baby! I realize now that I was born just one month before JFK was inaugurated, so technically I was born during the time of Eisenhower's administration.

Pass me that blue hair rinse, will you?

Memory is the first to go, Michelle. ;)

Passing you the blue rinse,

Jane

My oldest is only a little younger than you!

:glare:

:blushing::blush:

Another Carter baby here! It's nice to see I'm not the youngest. I have a habit of befriending women who are at least five years older if not ten-twenty years older.

No that seems to be me :blush:

There has to be someone else here who can only ever remember a Bush or Clinton in the White House???:confused:

I actually like that there are so many ages here. Gives so many different perspectives on things. And isn't that one of the pros with home schooling. The different ages that the children come into contact with.:001_smile:

Edited by TeacherZee
there was a redundant indefinite article and it was bugging me

There has to be someone else here who can only ever remember a Bush or Clinton in the White House???:confused:

I actually like that there are so many ages here. Gives so many different perspectives on things. And isn't that one of the pros with home schooling. The different ages that the children come into contact with.:001_smile:

:iagree: I am also one who only remembers a Bush or Clinton.