Menu

Baton Rouge so sad

Caroline

This is where I live. Everyone is on edge. I, like many others, have loved ones in law enforcement and as other first responders. I know one is working the scene and a few others are off right now, but will be going in for their shifts soon.

It's terrifying. Where it happened is right by a popular shopping area. My MIL goes there pretty often on Sunday afternoons. It happened before stores were open, so that's a small comfort.

This is where I live. Everyone is on edge. I, like many others, have loved ones in law enforcement and as other first responders. I know one is working the scene and a few others are off right now, but will be going in for their shifts soon.

It's terrifying. Where it happened is right by a popular shopping area. My MIL goes there pretty often on Sunday afternoons. It happened before stores were open, so that's a small comfort.

Close to us as well. I have to admit that I haven't been into BR in the last two weeks because of all that has gone on. I was headed in this morning to shop at Whole Foods and this nixed that trip. It's so tragic. The black officer who had that young baby that will never get to know his father; so heartbreaking. Of course it's heartbreaking for the other officers' families as well, and there is one still fighting for his life in the hospital. So much tragedy and heartbreak.

• Like 2

Scary, and what worries me even more, is that this will become so common that we don't even pause. I hope I'm wrong, though.

I fear this too. My brothers wife to be this September is a young energetic LEO. She is 5'2" and 100 lb soaking wet and I worry about her so much. She is currently working in the jail and I pray she stays there until the atmosphere is safer for LEO.

I just want her and all other LEO to be able to go to work, do a good job and come home safely.

• Like 1

It is awful.

Too awful. Why wouldn't it make you angry! And to think this makes Isis happy. Many of our Veterans are in law enforcement... Just horrible :(

Both the Baton Rogue and Dallas shooters were former servicemen, too.  I don't know what can be done to help veterans..... or if, there are just some people who are drawn to the service who have this kind of terrible potential.  I don't know. It's just tragic.

• Like 1